Dell EMC XtremIO OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Dell EMC XtremIO is the #17 ranked solution in our list of best All-Flash Storage Arrays. It is most often compared to Dell EMC PowerMax NVMe: Dell EMC XtremIO vs Dell EMC PowerMax NVMe

What is Dell EMC XtremIO?
Bring all-flash, scale-out storage to your enterprise applications with EMC XtremIO. Purpose-built for flash, XtremIO storage arrays are amazingly fast. Delivering high IOPS at less than 1 millisecond latency is just the start. EMC XtremIO helps you harness the power of flash storage by building in innovations like content-based data placement and dual-stage metadata.

Dell EMC XtremIO is also known as Dell EMC XtremIO Flash, Dell EMC XtremIO X2, XtremIO, XtremIO X2.

Download the All-Flash Storage Arrays Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Dell EMC XtremIO Customers
Raiffeisen Bank Bulgaria, Wentworth-Douglas Hospital
Dell EMC XtremIO Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Dell EMC XtremIO pricing:
  • "This solution is a little bit pricey."
  • "The initial purchase price was good but when you need to upgrade, it's a different story."
  • "There are costs in addition to the standard licensing fees."

KE
IT Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A solution with good stability, excellent scalability and an ability to increase overall performance

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution primarily in the banking system.

• "We've seen great enhancements from the performance point of view. There's good availability, stability, and continuity, but the performance actually has increased by 60 or 70%."
  • "The solution needs to be simplified. When you integrate your storage with other systems, could use a little bit of automation."

What other advice do I have?

We've used multiple versions of the solution. We started with a legacy version from the VMAX 40K and then we went to the VMAX All-Flash 450FX. Currently, we are planning also to use PowerMax 8000. We use the on-premises deployment model. We don't deal with any cloud models. I would rate the solution nine out of ten. I'm talking from the banking sector point of view. The banking sector is a more critical system. You have to keep your system up all day, all week, and you can not lose even a bit of transaction even for a millisecond or microsecond because you'll lose money. From my point of view…
SP
G. Manager- Technical Services with 51-200 employees
Performs well and it is space-efficient with good data compression and inline deduplication features

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we use Dell EMC products for our customers. The XtremIO is one of the all-flash storage arrays that we use.

• "The performance is good, which is important."
  • "Scalability is something that can be improved because there is an issue when it comes to mixing versions."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I think that this is a good product. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Pure Storage, IBM and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MS
Manager of Customer Services with 1,001-5,000 employees
Enables us to have surveillance of our systems but the reporting and monitoring tools need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use it for backup because we cannot measure anything and we are afraid to use it for surveillance systems. We were planning to use it mostly for surveillance systems.

• "We mostly use it for backup, because we cannot measure anything, and we are afraid to use it for surveillance systems. We were planning to use it for mostly for surveillance systems."
  • "One thing that should be improved is the reporting and monitoring tools. It should use real time monitoring for storage, IOPS, latency, etc."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, including the format, support, and technical performance, I would rate it as seven of ten.
HassanZaki
Data Center Manager at overit
A solution that offers high performance along with good stability and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for custom development and customer case studies.

• "The solution's most valuable feature is its high performance."
  • "The implementation isn't exactly complex, but the solution should have some enhancements in it to make the process more centralized."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model. My advice to those who plan on implementing the solution is to make sure you are doing accurate sizing. Don't just size for your current use only. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.
GD
IT Manager at a tech services company
Its speed and reliability are the most valuable features

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with this solution. In my company, we provide the cloud model. We offer service for public and private cloud and also on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it is fast and reliable.

What needs improvement?

The management should be improved and the GUI interface could be better and easier. In the next release, they should improve the replication. There should be high availability. You can't do replication from one EMC to another, you would need to use another tool with the way it is now.

Technical support depends on the contract and the partner that you are working with. There are some partners that don't have enough knowledge about support.

How

MA
Regional Technical Manager CST at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Deduplication and auto-tiering are good, and it is easy to implement

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for virtualization. The deployment model used was on-premises.

What is most valuable?

I like the deduplication and auto-tiering features.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved by reducing the pricing and having better organization in their technical support team.

This solution is stable. I would give it five out of six, not 100% only 90%.

The scalability of this solution is good.

The technical support is good but they are not well organized.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What's my

Product Categories
All-Flash Storage Arrays
Download our free All-Flash Storage Arrays Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Pure Storage, IBM, and more!