Dell-Force10 Campus LAN Switches OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Dell-Force10 Campus LAN Switches is #10 ranked solution in top LAN Switching tools. IT Central Station users give Dell-Force10 Campus LAN Switches an average rating of 8 out of 10. Dell-Force10 Campus LAN Switches is most commonly compared to Cisco Catalyst Switches:Dell-Force10 Campus LAN Switches vs Cisco Catalyst Switches. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is Dell-Force10 Campus LAN Switches?
Dell-Force10 Managed Campus LAN Switches bring users efficient connections to the network with highly functional access and aggregation switching. Products consist of: Dell EMC Networking N1100 Series, Dell Networking N1500 Switches, Dell Networking N2000 Series, Dell Networking N3000 Series and Dell Networking N4000 Series.

Download the LAN Switching Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Dell-Force10 Campus LAN Switches Customers
Norwich University of the Arts, Shelby American, City and Islington College
Dell-Force10 Campus LAN Switches Video

Dell-Force10 Campus LAN Switches Reviews

Niranjan Oke
Project Delivery Manager at cineom broadcast ltd
Easy to add ports, scale and setup, with good technical support

• "For a customer, it is easy to configure and to add ports through the LAN the GUI."
  • "Customers do not prefer this to connect to multiple cities."

What is our primary use case?

We have designed a solution around it with our OEMs and we send it to our customers.

What is most valuable?

Currently, I am using the Dell S4048. It's a nice switch and it gives you good results in terms of a broadcast station connection.

The HSRP (Hot Standby Router Protocol) and the bandwidth allocation are very nice.

What needs improvement?

Some features need improvements with stability.

Customers do not prefer this to connect to multiple cities. We use it for a single site or single office solution. If we had to use it as a multisite or a multicity solution we prefer to go with Cisco.

I have been dealing with Dell-Force10 Campus LAN for almost three and a half years.

There are some features that need stability, but most of the time they work fine.

They can easily be scaled. As you go to the card-based or the core type of switches you have less opportunity to scale because it becomes very costly.

I have contacted technical support. They are very good.

I am familiar with both Dell and Cisco switches.

The initial setup is straightforward, and it's not at all complex.

What other advice do I have?

I have experience with LAN switches, but my experience has more to do with video-based data. There are fewer restrictions. There is a question of bandwidth when it comes to designing a solution with switches that deal with storage device communication and editing systems.

I have more to do with the broadcast IT solutions. My decisions are based on certified switches forwarded by OEMs. Our customers are not ready to accept anything that is not certified by OEM.

As system integrators, we notify OEM of what solution we need to design and the number of machines or forwarding machines. We then quantify the things we want them to do. The OEM will confirm that we want to use this switch and whether it is certified or not.

Our customers are not ready to use Hybrid solutions. We mostly use on-premises solutions because bandwidth is an issue in India.

Customers don't have much to do with the configurations of the switch. The OEMs do the first level and advise the customers not to modify it. They are only allowed a few features or allowed to add some boards. They are not allowed to change the entire way the system functions because is a LAN scenario.

The system has to be running all of the time.

If you are using a corporate-type solution connected with routing and internet savvy applications, or a hybrid application, then I would not recommend using Dell. If you are using an on-premises application that is bandwidth-heavy and straightforward to setup then definitely Dell is a solution that can be used.

Product Categories
LAN Switching
Download our free LAN Switching Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!