AtefehMohib
Business Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use option for Windows users and others

• "I think Dropbox is a good option for Windows users because it's easy to use in Windows and a user can access all other products and software."
  • "Dropbox could make the installation and the log of what has changed in a file easier. Showing logs could be more accessible."

What is most valuable?

Dropbox is easy to use. I installed it on my laptop and I just copy and paste my files into a folder. I can use the Microsoft Office package, like Microsoft Office, Excel, or PowerPoint. I can edit my files easily and all of my coworkers can check them at the same time. It's a really good option for me.

What needs improvement?

I think Google Drive shows the log of the file better than Dropbox and its installation and use are easier than Dropbox.

Dropbox is a little bit complex and it could be that someone would have a hard time using it. For example, I am a computer engineer so it's easy for me to install a software and solve a problem, for example, the installation process. But maybe somebody would not be able to do it. I think Dropbox could make the installation and the log of what has changed in a file easier. Showing logs could be more accessible.

I use Dropbox two or three times a week.

I think it is stable. We used Microsoft products like Windows for more than 10 years, in particular Office and Excel, and they are sustainable and we can track them all the time. I think Dropbox is good, too.

In my team, I think more than 10 people are using Dropbox - between 10 and 20.

All of us use it as separate users but we share files. We don't use the professional package.

There is no installation.

I evaluated Google Drive.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, Dropbox is not a 10, but I'm not sure it's an eight or nine. For my personal usage, I would say a nine is good.

Iryna Ivashenko
CMO at ESCC
Easy to use, scalable, and very reliable

• "The solution is very clear and easy to use."
  • "The solution could be a bit less expensive."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for storing my personal files. I store items such as photos, maybe some documents, and faxes from everywhere.

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable. the reliability has been great.

The product can scale well.

The solution is very clear and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be a bit less expensive. They should make the pricing more reasonable.

I've been using the solution for maybe two years at this point. It hasn't been too long just yet.

The stability of the solution is very good. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance has been good.

The product can scale. If a company needs to expand it, it can.

I've never reached out to technical support in the past. I've never had issues and therefore there has never been a need. However, due to this, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they might be.

I also use Google Cloud. I use both of these solutions for various tasks.

The price could be a bit better. There are other options you could go to that wouldn't be as much.

We pay for the solution on a yearly basis.

I've also evaluated Google Cloud and have compared the two solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I mainly use the solution for my own personal documents and other digital items.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. For the most part, we've been happy with its capabilities.

I would recommend the solution to other companies and users.

Learn what your peers think about Dropbox. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AK
Application Security Architect at a logistics company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, quite stable, and quick to install

What is our primary use case?

I am using it for my personal use. It is not used in our organization because of security reasons. I have its latest version, and I always update the software. I use it for storing data and sharing the data between different devices. For example, I store something on the mobile, and then I open it on my MacBook. I am also using Dropbox to share data with different people.

What is most valuable?

Its usability is valuable. It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

They can maybe provide a bit more free space. By default, they give you 2 Gigabytes. The storage space could be a bit more.

I have been using this solution for five years.

It is quite…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Its usability is valuable. It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for five years.

It is quite stable. I haven't had any issues.

It is scalable. Scalability also depends on your subscription plan.

I don't have any plans to increase its usage at the moment because I have some extra storage.

I have not interacted with their technical support.

You can install it on your mobile device and computers. They have a Windows application and a Mac application. They probably have an application for Linux as well, but I'm not sure. You just download the application, and that's it. It takes a minute or two.

I can install it myself.

It has some free features, but for some of the features, you need to pay. If you need more storage, then you need to pay. Its licensing probably is on a monthly basis.

I didn't evaluate other products.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Dropbox a ten out of ten.

FD
IT Project Manager, Senior Java Developer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Simplicity is key - sharing files with others and accessibility from anywhere

• "Simple to share files with others."
  • "It's an expensive solution."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is for my personal use and the primary use case is for storing files.

What is most valuable?

I like the ability to share with others who have Dropbox accounts and the fact that it's accessible from anywhere. Overall, it's a very good software.

What needs improvement?

The drawback to this product is the cost. When you use other solutions such as Google Drive or Microsoft, their office suite is accessible and integrated with other things. Dropbox is just a files product. If Dropbox wants to compete, they should be offering it at a reasonable price given that the product is only a file storage solution.

I've been using this solution for a couple of years.

I used Google Drive for a long time. I switched to Dropbox at a time when Google still used labels to organize structure and it was quite annoying to create a folder structure in Google Drive. I switched to Dropbox because it was easier to use.

I've stopped paying Dropbox because I'm spending more time on Microsoft these days.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great solution, it's just too expensive. Microsoft has better deals with the Windows 365 suite and with a Visual Studio subscription you get additional space. You can bundle together several products from Microsoft. OneDrive is normally free and offers more or less the same features as Dropbox just not as nice. If it's just a matter of sharing something, I would recommend Dropbox. If there's a need for computer backup or photograph backup, then I would strongly recommend something else because the cost is prohibitive on Dropbox.

I rate the solution a nine out of 10.

Ashish Chaturvedi
Principal Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Control access levels and share documents quickly

• "Dropbox allows me to organize files well. I can name files in such a way as to lead students to the right destination."
  • "The search could be made more intuitive."

What is most valuable?

The Dropbox feature I like the most is being able to control the level of access I want to give to different people within my team. The second feature that I like is the ability to quickly share multiple documents of different types with the team. Dropbox allows me to organize files well. I can name files in such a way as to lead students to the right destination.

What needs improvement?

It would be great to be able to have multiple files open within Dropbox without having to leave the file I'm currently using.

The search could be made more intuitive. Right now, the search function works in a way that is very similar to the way it works on a laptop. Where you'll have a folder within a folder, etc. It would be a lot more intuitive if I could directly put in my link and restore destination rather than sharing the address of that folder.

It would be good if Dropbox could account for grammatical errors as well in the search function. For example, if there is a mistake in the spelling I have put in, it should suggest a destination.

A better data reviver would also be great.

I have been using this solution for seven months.

If a file is shared with me and I've never opened it, it won't upload it to the local drive. This is very inconvenient if my internet connection goes out.

We don't have a massive team size; the team is around 60 to 70 people. I've been able to share some files with all of them, while others I've only been able to share with only a few.

I have no experience with Dropbox's technical support.

RG
Consultant at a outsourcing company with self employed
Easy to install, transparent to use, but they need integration with Office

• "The way the tool is designed and using the tool itself is quite transparent."
  • "I would like to see integration with Office products, it would be very helpful."

What is most valuable?

I like that my subscription aside from Microsoft and other products is free. They are free subscriptions. I am subscribed to Microsoft, which is the one that I am paying for.

The way the tool is designed and using the tool itself is quite transparent. It is similar to using a local hard drive.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to the type of software that is available, Microsoft is attractive because it comes in a bundle. It is easier to maintain rather than having separate subscriptions for it.

If Dropbox or Google Drive could have the same software and bundle as Microsoft, then that would be great.

I would like to see integration with Office products, it would be very helpful.

It would also be helpful if Dropbox could store data. It may already be possible, but I haven't tried it.

I have been using Dropbox for several years. It's been at least five years.

I haven't had the opportunity to engage with the technical support from Dropbox.

I am subscribed to Microsoft Office 365. I use the OneDrive, Outlook, and all other Office applications that are included with Microsoft Office 365. I also use Google Drive.

The initial setup was easy.

A basic version of Dropbox is available for free with a paid subscription from Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Dropbox a seven out of ten.

JR
B2B Product Management at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Stable and reliable with the option to work on a free version

• "The scalability is great for us."
  • "The product could always offer more storage."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for storing and sharing documents.

What is most valuable?

The solution has worked very well over the years. It's reliable.

We find the product to be stable.

The scalability is great for us.

The product has the option for a free version.

What needs improvement?

The product could always offer more storage.

I've been using the solution for several years at this point. I can't speak to the exact amount of time. It's been a long while.

I also have experience with Google Drive

Previously, I likely used a Microsoft product, however, I'm working more with cloud-based options.

It's a cloud-based solution. Therefore, there is no installation process.

I'm using the basic version of the solution. It's free to use.

What other advice do I have?

I use the product for personal use for the most part.

As a cloud-based solution, I'm always using the latest version. It's automatically updated for the users.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. For our purposes, we've been very happy with its overall capabilities.

I would recommend the product to other users and companies.

RM
Director, CEE Investment Services at a real estate/law firm with 10,001+ employees
Convenient cloud storage, backup options available, and initial setup straightforward

What is our primary use case?

I use Dropbox service for personal use to store files of all types. The organization where I work does not use this solution. I do not have my personal computer at the moment and that is why I am using Dropbox less frequently than before. When I will have my own personal computer again I think I will use it more often.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its convenience, I can retrieve files online from various places. It has backup options in case something was to go wrong with my computer I can restore my files.

I have been using this solution for many years.

The solution is stable and reliable.

What do I think about

What is most valuable?

I have been using this solution for many years.

The solution is stable and reliable.

From what I have been using the solution for I have not had any issues with the scalability.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I am on a monthly subscription for the solution and I am somewhat satisfied with the pricing. However, the price could a bit better.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate dropbox an eight out of ten.

Download our free Dropbox Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.