Druva inSync OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Druva inSync is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top SaaS Backup tools. It is most often compared to Metallic: Druva inSync vs Metallic

What is Druva inSync?

Workforce mobility today is an essential part of any business, but it creates a number of challenges for IT. Data spread across devices and cloud services, unpredictable schedules, and varied network connections all complicate efforts to protect and govern enterprise information. With inSync, companies can protect their data stored in the cloud or on mobile devices while also addressing rising compliance and legal needs.

Druva inSync is also known as inSync.

Druva inSync Buyer's Guide

Download the Druva inSync Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Druva inSync Customers

TRC Companies, Inc., ANDRITZ, Inc., Allergan, Plc, ServiceNow, Live Nation, Shire, DHL, Leidos, NASA, UC Berkeley, Leica, Hatco Corporation, Flex, Enphase.

Druva inSync Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Druva inSync pricing:
  • "It is an expensive product for the middle class or SMB customers in India. A lot of top-level big companies also cannot afford this solution. During the license period, one can download the entire data from the cloud without paying any additional cost. This way the data can be easily recreated from the stored data when a machine is lost or the data is compromised."
  • "The pricing of Druva inSync is very high as compared to other cloud backup solutions."
  • "The price is quite good, It's approximately $4000.00 per user for one year."
  • "It's approximately $4000.00 per user for one year."

Druva inSync Reviews

Chanchal Das
Founder at Dastech Infosystems
Reseller
A secure solution with data encryption, geo-location, and duality replication features

• "All the data is well encrypted. In addition, the data is split into pieces so that if an endpoint is attacked or compromised with any kind of ransomware, the compromised machine can be relocated or restored. All the data that was previously backed up can be restored from the cloud. It has a lot of security features. Druva currently offers only the cloud version on AWS. Being a cloud solution, Druva goes by a lot of security compliances and provides a security portfolio. People are very skeptical of the data security in cloud solutions, and Druva has given consideration to that. It has some good geo-location features. If a machine is lost, when the machine is switched on and connected to the internet, that machine can be geo-located and tracked. It also has got the geo-wipeout feature. If someone tries to take out the data from a lost machine, they won't be able to do that. The moment an IT admin comes to know that the machine is no longer with a user, he or she can auto-run the geo-wipeout feature so that the data cannot be read by any third party. Duality replication is a unique thing about this solution. Everybody's data is not backed up if the data is common. Similar data is not backed up from other machines. The data backup also happens very smoothly. The bandwidth choking is very less. When the data is getting backed up, the users do not even get to know. There is no impact even when the users are not using high-speed bandwidth."
  • "Druva inSync is very high in price. A general customer cannot afford this solution. Even if the product is good, people cannot afford such a high cost just for taking the backup. This is a recurring investment, and the customers have to pay for it every year. Druva is also yet to develop the channel and the channel or partner commitment."

What is most valuable?

All the data is well encrypted. In addition, the data is split into pieces so that if an endpoint is attacked or compromised with any kind of ransomware, the compromised machine can be relocated or restored. All the data that was previously backed up can be restored from the cloud.

It has a lot of security features. Druva currently offers only the cloud version on AWS. Being a cloud solution, Druva goes by a lot of security compliances and provides a security portfolio. People are very skeptical of the data security in cloud solutions, and Druva has given consideration to that.

It has some good geo-location features. If a machine is lost, when the machine is switched on and connected to the internet, that machine can be geo-located and tracked. It also has got the geo-wipeout feature. If someone tries to take out the data from a lost machine, they won't be able to do that. The moment an IT admin comes to know that the machine is no longer with a user, he or she can auto-run the geo-wipeout feature so that the data cannot be read by any third party.

Duality replication is a unique thing about this solution. Everybody's data is not backed up if the data is common. Similar data is not backed up from other machines.

The data backup also happens very smoothly. The bandwidth choking is very less. When the data is getting backed up, the users do not even get to know. There is no impact even when the users are not using high-speed bandwidth.

What needs improvement?

Druva inSync is very high in price. A general customer cannot afford this solution. Even if the product is good, people cannot afford such a high cost just for taking the backup. This is a recurring investment, and the customers have to pay for it every year.

Druva is also yet to develop the channel and the channel or partner commitment.

I have been using Druva inSync for nearly two years.

None of our customers have got any problem with Druva inSync. I have not found any customers complaining after the first installation.

However, Druva Phoenix has a lot of issues and requires a lot of development, and people prefer Veritas or other solutions over Druva Phoenix.

There could be two aspects of scalability. The first aspect is where an individual user's data goes high. They provide a license that comes with 50 GB of data. If the users need more than 50 GB of data, they can switch to the next version of the license.

The second aspect is where the number of users increases. If a customer has 100 users today, and after a few months, wants to add 100 more users, the customer can just simply buy additional licenses.

Their technical support is okay so far. We do rigorous POC. Whatever customer queries are there, we answer them before the sale is done. After the sale is done, the customers normally do not have too many questions.

It is not a very tough job. It wasn't much of an effort.

Druva has got a technical distributor in India who implements it for us. All transactions are done through this distributor. This distributor does 10% to 15% of implementation, and the remaining part is done by the customer. If required, we also send our engineer to the customer.

It is an expensive product for the middle class or SMB customers in India. A lot of top-level big companies also cannot afford this solution.

During the license period, one can download the entire data from the cloud without paying any additional cost. This way the data can be easily recreated from the stored data when a machine is lost or the data is compromised.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is a good solution from the customer's point of view. Customers are very happy with this solution.

To adopt this solution, the mentality of valuing users' data is required in the customers. They should give a lot of value to users' data. In addition, they should be able to afford a backup for users' data. SMB customers can't afford this solution. Only profitable, big organizations can afford this solution. We mostly promote the Enterprise edition of this solution, and we are focusing on endpoint backup and cloud backup, but for both of these, the price is too high. We suggest trying this solution for the backup for 100 or 200 users from maybe the top management. People don't mind spending that much money on top management.

The eastern part of India is not a very strong business area. In addition, people are not very comfortable with moving the data to the cloud. They still think that storing data on-premises is more secure. We have spent the past year educating the customers.

I would rate Druva inSync an eight out of ten.

RV
Founder, Owner at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Good recover aspects, easy to set up and quite stable

• "The recovery aspect of the solution is its most valuable feature."
  • "If I could have an accelerator or something to back up the solution on the cloud, that would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful if the accelerator could give me a buffer of a couple of days for any kind of immediate recovery on an offsite."

What is most valuable?

The recovery aspect of the solution is its most valuable feature.

The aspect of recovery and requiring very little effort for implementation as well as the simplicity of configuration are all very useful. It's difficult if you need a specialist to deploy the services. It doesn't make sense if you have a solution that is on the cloud, and you're trying to simplify everything including the solution itself, and it's difficult to deploy. With this solution, you don't have to worry about that.

The solution saves you money because you don't have to get a specialist, which can come at a great cost.

What needs improvement?

If I could have an accelerator or something to back up the solution on the cloud, that would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful if the accelerator could give me a buffer of a couple of days for any kind of immediate recovery on an offsite.

If I could have a day or two to recover on-prem. If I could use the rest on cloud and have my backup offloaded to another engine (and that engine could basically be offline while handling the rest of the backup) that would be great. Then I wouldn't have to use my computer

I've been using the solution for eight to nine months.

It's widely accepted as a solution and it's very stable. They have documentation, etc., which is easy to understand.  There's also always development and improvement happening on the tech. It's not a solution that is sold and then there are no improvements. The constant updates gives me confidence that if a company is constantly working to improve itself, it's always working on its stability and reliability.

The scalability doesn't offer us any challenges, and I don't foresee any challenges in the future either.

I'm not sure how it would be for a bigger organization with a larger setup, however. My scalability needs wouldn't match, for example, a regular enterprise-level organization. We have about 100-110 users on the solution on a daily basis currently.

I've personally never been in touch with technical support. Someone for the technical side of our organization would handle that.

We did use a different solution for a virtualized server environment. This is our first experience with Druva for desktop/laptop backups, but we have used other solutions for server backups. We've used free versions as well as paid versions.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It was nice and simple.

I'm not sure how long deployment took. I would estimate that it took, for the complete deployment, from the server-side, etc., half a day or so. For us, the process was quite comfortable, but I believe it could have been even easier.

Only one person is needed for deployment and you do not need anyone to handle the maintenance. There's a person required, obviously, to check on things from time to time but there are no specialists required.

We had assistance with implementation help from a consultant. The consultant and the rest of our admin staff handled everything.

We did evaluate other options. At one point in time, there were other solutions in the market, but Druva was financially more viable for us. Mostly, this was in terms of the hardware required for deployment. The fact that it is on cloud-based, and didn't require us to prepare any hardware was financially a huge selling point.

What other advice do I have?

Druva has a tie with Azure. We did not directly choose Azure as our cloud and we've not engaged in the procurement of a cloud.

Druva can be used on the desktop, for laptop backups, and on your virtualized environment backup.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten as it currently serves my purpose.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Druva inSync. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,029 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RV
IT Administrator at NMTronics india Pvt Ltd.
It impacts the system performance, has poor backup time, and gets uninstalled automatically

• "It has a straightforward installation."
  • "The backup time is very poor. The backup runs continuously. It goes on from morning till night. The system performance also becomes very poor when Druva inSync is running. When the backup starts, the systems become very slow. You cannot work while the backup is going on. After the backup is complete, the system performance picks up again. I raised this issue with Druva, but they are not able to resolve this issue. They should analyze the reason for this kind of problem. They have asked for too many error logs, but how do we get logs from the laptops of the users who are unavailable because they are not working from a centralized office, or they are at a customer site or are traveling? Such users can only communicate through emails. This problem is not related to just one user; it is related to every user. There are so many problems in the Druva inSync patches. Sometimes, the software gets uninstalled automatically, and we are not able to find it on the client system. The users say that they didn't uninstall the software. So, how do we find out who uninstalled the software? If the Druva inSync client is installed on the system, the users should not have the right to uninstall the patch. There should be a security system and an admin panel so that the Druva inSync software is locked when it is installed on the client system. Users should not uninstall it unknowingly. A user should be able to uninstall it only after providing a password set by the administrator. They have given many other restrictions, such as a user cannot restore the data from his laptop, or a user cannot remove the snapshot from his laptop. They can also provide a restriction for uninstalling Druva inSync."

What is our primary use case?

We use it only for the backup process. We have approximately 200 licenses.

What is most valuable?

It has a straightforward installation.

What needs improvement?

The backup time is very poor. The backup runs continuously. It goes on from morning till night. The system performance also becomes very poor when Druva inSync is running. When the backup starts, the systems become very slow. You cannot work while the backup is going on. After the backup is complete, the system performance picks up again. I raised this issue with Druva, but they are not able to resolve this issue. They should analyze the reason for this kind of problem. They have asked for too many error logs, but how do we get logs from the laptops of the users who are unavailable because they are not working from a centralized office, or they are at a customer site or are traveling? Such users can only communicate through emails. This problem is not related to just one user; it is related to every user.

I have been using Druva inSync for three years.

Their technical support is fine, but they take too much time to resolve a problem. Sometimes, they take three to seven days to resolve a problem.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took us just a day.

The pricing of Druva inSync is very high as compared to other cloud backup solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution to others. I am not happy with this solution. We got this solution for the cloud backup of our organization. If the cloud backup is not running and the user backup is not going to the cloud, then what is the point of using this solution?  If users are having problems with their day-by-day work while Druva inSync is taking backups, what is the point of installing this software? We are planning to move to another solution next year.

I would rate Druva inSync a two out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SimonClark
Cyber Security Advisor - Director at FortNet UK Ltd
Reseller
Cloud-based, secure, fast, and they only charge you for deduplicated data usage

• "It's incredibly fast."
  • "The support of other cloud services needs to be improved. It has very good cloud support for AWS but not with others."

What is our primary use case?

We are a consultancy and a reseller. We offer solutions to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature about Druva is that it is 100% based in the cloud.

It scans the backups for ransomware. It has a security element, and it has unlimited uploads and downloads included in the price.

It has a granular approach to backup and restores so that customers can retrieve individual files..

It's incredibly fast.

It dedupes all your data and only charges you for the amount of data that's been deduped as opposed to what it originally sees.

What needs improvement?

It is based on AWS and works very well in those environments however, it works very well in multi-cloud environments.

The scalability is very good. It will scale from a tiny little SME company all the way up to huge corporations.

Our latest client has 4,000 employees. That will cover archiving, M365, cloud and on-prem servers from a single vendor.

Technical support is very good. We have a good relationship with Druva and their technical teams.

Very fast to install and deploy. We can arrange free trials to demonstrate it's capability

On-prem solutions are expensive to operate because it is necessary to assign a person to manage it and look after it.

On-prem' is also expensive when you get to that time where it has to be refreshed, hardware has a lifespan. If they don't refresh, it eventually becomes unsupported and doesn't get any software updates, which means it is not secure. It won't have the same features and eventually just isn't fit for purpose. Why would anybody want to own hardware, particularly with something like backup, where typically you want your backup to be offsite?

You want backups like Druva to be away from your organization so that it can't get damaged physically or interfered with by physical access to it.

What other advice do I have?

By offering 100% cloud backup, Druva, Veeam, and a couple of others are competing against customers who have predominantly storage on-premise, and by having hardware you have something that is going to eventually run out of capacity. It will need power, air conditioning and space

It just doesn't make any sense, in today's environment, where we have fantastic amounts of bandwidth, both through dedicated links and through the internet, why would anybody want to own hardware and maintain it?

I would rate Druva InSync a ten out of ten.

MM
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Trusted solution for endpoint backup with storage, and the technical support is good

• "Our customers do not need to purchase third party storage or a separate server for data backup."
  • "If you are looking for a backup solution, go with Druva because it's quite simple."
  • "The user quota is an area that needs to be improved."
  • "The user quota is an area that needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as an endpoint backup and storage.

What is most valuable?

Our customers do not need to purchase third party storage or a separate server for data backup. As an example, with Veeam, you have to do multiple things to start the backup.

What needs improvement?

The user quota is an area that needs to be improved. Rather than have a quota of 50Gb per user, they could consider 60Gb to 70Gb. We could acquire more clients with that additional storage space available.

I have been working with Druva inSync for approximately four years.

It's a stable product.

Druva is scalable.

They have a quota of 50GB per user and you can scale in increments.

You can increase with 50-50 then add 50.

Regarding scalability, Druva Phoenix is better.

The technical support is quite good.

Previously, I have not used another solution that is similar to this.

The initial setup is easy and can be done within five minutes.

With Druva, just have to add the user onto the cloud console, then they will receive the link through an email to download the setup.

The price is quite good. It's approximately $4000.00 per user for one year.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a virtualized environment, Veeam is a good solution. If instead you have a physical database and are looking for a clustering kind of environment, Veritas is good.

As a backup solution, Druva is the one that I trust.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Product Categories
SaaS Backup Cloud Backup
Download our free Druva inSync Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.