Druva inSync OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Druva inSync is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top SaaS Backup tools. It is most often compared to Metallic: Druva inSync vs Metallic

What is Druva inSync?

Workforce mobility today is an essential part of any business, but it creates a number of challenges for IT. Data spread across devices and cloud services, unpredictable schedules, and varied network connections all complicate efforts to protect and govern enterprise information. With inSync, companies can protect their data stored in the cloud or on mobile devices while also addressing rising compliance and legal needs.

Druva inSync is also known as inSync.

Druva inSync Buyer's Guide

Download the Druva inSync Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Druva inSync Customers

TRC Companies, Inc., ANDRITZ, Inc., Allergan, Plc, ServiceNow, Live Nation, Shire, DHL, Leidos, NASA, UC Berkeley, Leica, Hatco Corporation, Flex, Enphase.

Druva inSync Video

Archived Druva inSync Reviews (more than two years old)

reviewer603831
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Simple to use and integrates well with Office 365 and G Suite

• "You don't need a certified administrator to manage this product."
  • "This solution would benefit from the inclusion of an on-premise backup feature, as currently, they are offering everything in the cloud."

What is our primary use case?

Druva offers two solutions: Druva inSync and Druva Phoenix.

Druva inSync is used for desktop and laptop backup, whereas Druva Phoenix is used for cloud-based server backup. Druva inSync has helped us in backing up our Microsoft Office 365 files. I have seen multiple products but the integration that Druva provides with Office 365 is not offered by any competing product.

We have a four-hour backup window, and machines are backed up at least three times a day.

How has it helped my organization?

Druva is one of the most trusted backup solutions for endpoint backup. It has helped us in backing up our endpoint machine, hassle-free. It is a very simple-to-use product, and users can even restore their own data. There is no administrative overhead in the product. You don't need a certified administrator to manage this product. Most importantly, the product is lightweight, as the client installed on a desktop or laptop is just 60MB in size.

What is most valuable?

The features that we find valuable are:

1. Geofencing (it allow users to restore data only in a specific network)
  2. Office 365 / G Suite backup
  3. DLP (Device tracking, Data wipe, and Encryption)
  4. Druva inSync Share (like Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive)
  5. Restrict admin access to user data
  6. Mobile phone backup
  7. You can restrict backups to a specified network (e.g. mobile network)
  8. Resource throttling (CPU and Bandwidth)
  9. Legal Hold feature is available
  10. Compliance feature is also available

What needs improvement?

This solution would benefit from the inclusion of an on-premise backup feature, as currently, they are offering everything in the cloud. We have seen that some customers prefer on-premise backup, so they need to think about this.

Six years.

This product is stable, and we have been using it for the past six years.

As I know from the vendor, some customers are backing up more than one hundred thousand machines using Druva. I don't think that scalability is an issue.

One of the best technical support groups that I have seen in my career. You just log a ticket and an engineer will be available in less than half an hour.

We did use another solution prior to this one, but we faced a lot of issues during the daytime backup, such as machine slowness.

Server setup takes less than ten minutes for installation and configuration, and the client setup takes between two and three minutes to install.

We performed the deployment in-house.

Druva is a cloud-based product and there is no on-premise option available.

During purchase, check with the Drive team to see how much storage they are providing per user. There are two options available at 50GB and 300GB.

Once you decide to go with this product the cost can be worked out with the vendor.

Before choosing this solution we evaluated:

1. Veritas DLO
  2. Acronis
  3. Veeam

What other advice do I have?

The beauty of the product is keeping it simple, rather than making it more complicated, which is what Druva did for a long time. As multiple features were added it made the product heavier and more complicated.

We love the product and its offerings, and feel that it is the best product in the market.

it_user166437
IT DIRECTOR at a security firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
User
Operates at the block level which means high efficiency in throughput for low bandwidth clients.

What is most valuable?

It will backup on open PST.

Operates at the Block level which means high efficiency in throughput for low bandwidth clients.

Deduplication at the Block level means high efficiency of space and backup bandwidth, mine is about 90:1!

Runs without user intervention.

How has it helped my organization?

Some 80% of our users are disconnected from the network, not on WAN, AD, or VPN. Druva backs them up over the Internet with minimal intervention by administrators. Restoration is likewise pretty hands-off, and the user can do it themselves. Druva allows us to be secure in knowing our clients are backed up.

What needs improvement?

Auto Registration of Non-Domain machines. Registration is a manual process of creating a key and adding it to the client.

Four years.

Registration is a manual process of creating a key and adding it to the client.

Very good.

Excellent, they will walk you through anything.

Straightforward.

In-house.

The first data loss of an important client, less than one year.

Cost effective. Bargain like any other vendor.

Nothing compares.

Product Categories
SaaS Backup Cloud Backup
Download our free Druva inSync Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Quick Links