Dundas BI Overview

Dundas BI is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Embedded BI Tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft BI: Dundas BI vs Microsoft BI

What is Dundas BI?

Dundas Data Visualization is a leading, global provider of Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Visualization solutions. Dundas provides organizations with the most flexible, innovative and scalable BI, dashboard and reporting software, through a fully embeddable BI platform, enabling users access to all their data for better decisions and faster insights. With Dundas BI, you have a single and unified experience across all data sources and all devices, providing full functionality and faster performance for data exploration, analysis and visualization.

Download the Data Visualization Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021

Dundas BI Customers

Coca Cola, Siemens, Verizon, Microsoft, Pitney Bowes, Scotiabank, Pepperidge Farm, Shutterstock, Norwegian Government, Boeing, Guess Inc., BP, Bayer

Dundas BI Video

Dundas BI Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

reviewer1000836
User
Feb 19, 2019
I like the data cubes, security, and the high level of customization in visualizations that are available right out of the box

What is our primary use case?

Creating dashboards to make data available to internal and external customers. We maintain dev and production environments so that we have a place to work and test products before pushing to production.
reviewer1000827
User
Feb 5, 2019
Allows easy multitenancy across our different customers but has a steep learning curve

What is our primary use case?

Providing template BI reports for our customers with their databases Creating different dashboards and PDF exports as well as Excel data dumps where needed.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows easy multitenancy across our different customers. Makes it easy for them to just log in and go.

What needs improvement?

Matrix tables. Add them in !!! Currently, they don't do that, and it's hard to create some BI reports due to this.

Pretty average, buggy here and there.

Good.

Pretty decent but the timezone difference can be…
Find out what your peers are saying about Dundas, Tableau, Sisense and others in Data Visualization. Updated: March 2021.
474,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DG
reviewer1000227
Senior Dashboard Implementation Consultant with 11-50 employees
Jan 30, 2019
The built-in UI allows you to do most of the work by drag and drop

What is our primary use case?

Creating market research focused dashboards for our clients to log in and view and explore the results.
it_user814431
Consultant, Solutions Business Unit at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 7, 2018
Helped us transform our clients' businesses to become data-driven

• "The Layers feature organizes my work and makes it easier, instead of having to use scripting to show and hide when drilling down."
  • "I would love to see more functions built in inside the application, instead of being scripted. They already did some of that in the new release, version 5, like forecasting, trend lines, etc., and I would love to see more of these kinds of calculations, which we used to do it by scripts before."

What other advice do I have?

A very powerful product which will enhance and add value to your business.
it_user219567
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Aug 23, 2017
Easy to design a new dashboard and can always see data while you setup the data controls

What is most valuable?

It is easy to design a new dashboard. You can always see data while you setup the data controls.

How has it helped my organization?

It is very quick to develop new reports.

What needs improvement?

Export to PowerPoint is really poor. Your changes are not always saved, which can be very frustrating.

We have used Dundas BI since it was launched (a couple of years), before that we used Dundas Dashboard.

You can see/feel that the product isn’t mature yet. It has some stability issues.

The support answers very fast. Unfortunately, there is only…
it_user346419
Senior Business Intelligence Developer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 23, 2017
Produces nice visuals and allows you to build your own ETL

What other advice do I have?

You can create very nice dashboards without JavaScript as well, but knowledge of JavaScript will boost the outcome.
it_user110010
Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Oct 27, 2016
End to end enterprise solution - one portal to connect to data, ETL and visualize data.
it_user363234
Managing Partner at PBS
Aug 31, 2016
It has ETL, reporting and dashboarding on one platform.

What other advice do I have?

Common people can use this product. Their interface is so user-friendly. You don’t need to know BI procedures to create your own reports. If data is available, you can change it as you wish with drag and drop only. Our rating reflects this product’s facility of implementation, its price per capability, its flexibility, and the quality of its visualisations.
it_user494508
Manager, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 11, 2016
Enables us to provide more rich and interactive data visualizations for end users.

Valuable Features:

User Interface, Sharepoint Integration, Drag and Drop, and Scripting.

Improvements to My Organization:

Currently Dundas BI enables us to provide more rich and interactive data visualizations for end users and this has helped to show performance issues.

Room for Improvement:

Some wonky web-based issues but nothing serious.
it_user463479
Energy Efficiency Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 30, 2016
The ability to draw data from numerous different types of data and combine them all into coherent data cubes and dashboards is valuable.
it_user466719
Summer Job
Jun 26, 2016
Parameter options allow lots of freedom for data analysis.

What is most valuable?

Cool drill down features along with many parameter options that allow lots of freedom for data analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

Based on gathering data, it has improved the speed of how users can obtain the data.

About 2 months

Some minor technicalities that typically end up getting solved by the awesome support team.

Customer Service: 9/10 Technical Support: 9/10

No previous solution was in place.
it_user463581
Senior Programmer-Analyst at a tech services company
Jun 22, 2016
I appreciate the version control and the ability to roll backward and forward on a dashboard.
it_user462135
Manager - Business Intelligence & Data Architecture at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jun 16, 2016
I like the ability to have multiple dashboard on one canvas and switch between them.

What other advice do I have?

Overall Dundas BI has been great. Between the ease of creating dashboards and the quick response from support for technical questions. I would recommend Dundas all day long.
it_user462840
Senior BI developer and consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jun 16, 2016
With Data Cubes, you can define your data workflow with the help of diagrams.
Download our free Data Visualization Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dundas, Tableau, Sisense, and more!