DX Infrastructure Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

DX Infrastructure Manager is the #13 ranked solution in our list of top Server Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to Zabbix: DX Infrastructure Manager vs Zabbix

What is DX Infrastructure Manager?

CA UIM provides a single, unified platform that allows you to monitor your entire IT environment, both inside and outside the data center. It offers the ease-of-use and simplicity associated with point IT monitoring tools, featuring a unique powerful architecture with a lightweight footprint. At the same time, it delivers enterprise scalability and multi-tenancy that power some of the most complex infrastructures.

DX Infrastructure Manager is also known as DX Infrastructure Manager for Z Systems and CA UIM for zSystems, CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager), CA Nimsoft Monitor, CA UIM, DX Infrastructure Manager.

DX Infrastructure Manager Buyer's Guide

Download the DX Infrastructure Manager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

DX Infrastructure Manager Customers

CBNCloud, IIJ Global Singapore, AT&S, AXSOS, Aozora Bank, HCL Technologies, IntelliNet, Securex

DX Infrastructure Manager Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about DX Infrastructure Manager pricing:
  • "CAD $400,000 annually."
  • "Customers pay for the license and the support."

AM
Services Infrastructure Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Good out-of-the box capability but we feel the company is lagging in development

What is our primary use case?

We're a managed service provider so we monitor customers and their networks and infrastructure and we're their support. We're a customer of DX and I'm a services infrastructure architect.

• "Great out-of-the-box capability."
  • "The company has not kept pace with developments."

What other advice do I have?

Cloud vendors have expanded their services and features and functions within their own platforms. Having to rely on a third-party to keep pace with that development cycle has proven rather disappointing. That's why we're looking for a tool that has the capability to enable us to extend the tool on our own, if we choose to. I don't think I would recommend this product. My issues stem from the turnover between companies that we've experienced in the last 10 years. The continued development of the tool has not been great. I think they've become lost in their tracks. I would rate this solution a…
KN
Implementation/Delivery at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Gives us visibility into applications and enables us to understand the cause of issues

What is our primary use case?

We deploy these solutions to customers like big banks, here in Nigeria, as well as in some government agencies. We liaise with the OEM of the product to deploy the solution for the customer. We do infrastructure management projects, all with CA products. We use it for infrastructure monitoring across the board. We monitor our clients' infrastructure from a central location: their servers, applications, etc., from end-to-end.

• "It gives us visibility inside applications. It helps us to dig down and find the root cause of any issue within the network."
  • "There is also room for improvement in the reporting. It is not really good enough, according to our customers. So what we now usually do is use Power BI to get them the kinds of reports they want."

What other advice do I have?

CA is a very nice solution. Before you make a final decision though, make sure all the stakeholders understand the solution and how it works. If they don't understand how it works they might not be able to appreciate it. It's a powerful solution, but give them some visibility into it, its capabilities and what they can do with it, before implementing it. I would rate the solution at eight out of ten. It's not a ten because of the reporting aspect. Apart from that, the solution is okay. It's the reporting that users complain about.
Learn what your peers think about DX Infrastructure Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KN
Techincal Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good topology, good stability and scalability, and useful for knowing about network performance and planning the network capacity

What is our primary use case?

We offer products from Broadcom to our customers. We are only offering DX Spectrum, DX Infrastructure Manager, APM, and CA Assets and Liabilities Management in our country. It is used for network management. Our clients have a large and complex network, and they needed a solution that gives them the ability to look into and manage the network. They are able to detect the events that happened and fix them on-prem. We have around four customers of this solution. One of the top banks here in Nigeria is using DX Infrastructure Manager. A government agency is also using this solution.

• "One of the things that I like about DX Infrastructure is that the topology is good enough to see what is happening in the infrastructure. You also get alerts if something is happening in the network. There are many features and benefits. It is serving our customers in knowing exactly how their network is performing in terms of reliability. It also helps them in planning the capacity. They know how much bandwidth the branches are consuming."
  • "The only challenge that I have with this solution is the reporting part. The users are not really comfortable with the kind of reports they are getting. Sometimes, they want to see reports in their own format. Customizing those reports with Jasper is not very easy. It could be because of the knowledge gap. If you have the knowledge of how Jasper can be configured to suit customer requirements in terms of reporting, it is good. There was a time a customer complained about one issue related to Netflow analysis. Broadcom has a separate model for that, but the customer wanted everything bundled together. It could also have IP management so that I am able to see or analyze IPs so that the IPs that are already in use don't get assigned."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We currently have engagement with two banks for this solution. We are trying to pitch this solution to them. I would rate DX Infrastructure Manager a nine out of ten. I have not really compared it with other solutions to see what are the differences. Based on my usage, it is serving, and it is okay. Customers are not complaining.
Download our free DX Infrastructure Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.