DX Spectrum Overview

DX Spectrum is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Network Management Applications. It is most often compared to DX NetOps: DX Spectrum vs DX NetOps

What is DX Spectrum?
CA Spectrum can enable your organization to discover, optimize and improve its infrastructure and the business services running on top of it. By delivering large-enterprise scalability, robust features and superior root cause analysis, this solution can help your organization effectively manage its dynamic, complex IT infrastructure including physical, virtual and cloud environments as well as network virtualization.

DX Spectrum is also known as CA Spectrum.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

DX Spectrum Customers
National Informatics Centre India, Banese, Olympus, AlphaServe Technologies, Sicredi
DX Spectrum Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about DX Spectrum pricing:
  • "In general, the license cost will be about 30% of the total TCO for this tool (hardware/support team, OS costs, and OS management)."
  • "The price is very high."
  • "The product, support, and maintenance are all expensive, which is another reason that we are switching to another solution."

IT Architect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Good monitoring, alerting capabilities, and improved visibility, but AIOps is restricted to Broadcom

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for monitoring both service provider networks as well as customer WAN / LAN / VOIP networks, including all kinds of SNMP-based edge devices. The key solution to be solved is the correlation between all types of messages from all devices. We are receiving more than 1,000,000 SNMP messages a day across many types of domains. Unifying the solution within our organization created a standard way of working and integration. We needed a centralized redundant solution for all of our domains, which requires an SNMP-based monitoring tool.

• "We were able to standardize the internal processes across all internal departments, resulting in almost an elimination of non-standard process flows through our organization."
  • "We want to make our own choice for the AIOps solution and do not want to be forced to use the Broadcom OI solution by default."

What other advice do I have?

We hope that the speed of the improvement and product growth will soon again be at the same level as when this was a CA product.
KN
Techincal Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A stable solution for backend application monitoring

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and DX Spectrum is one of the products that we implement for our clients. In conjunction with DX Infrastructure Manager (CA UIM) and DX APM, this gives our customers visibility into what is happening end-to-end in their applications.

• "This product provides good visibility into applications at the backend."
  • "There should be a facility to integrate with other monitoring applications that are currently running in the environment."

What other advice do I have?

One of the issues that we have is that our customers are not aware of the product's full capabilities and what it can do for them. We are running our own campaign to give our customers a better understanding of the benefit they can get from it. In summary, I think that it's a fantastic and durable product. For me, it is nice and I am actively recommending it to my clients. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, IBM, Micro Focus and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: May 2021.
479,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DR
Network Operations & Delivery Head for TSB Bank at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Good health checks help to identify infrastructure performance, good drill-down features, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for Network Monitoring.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to put health checks in place not only for the infrastructure but for some of the services that are on top of the infrastructure."
  • "Integration with some other tools, and integration with some Network Packet Broker, need some improvement."

What other advice do I have?

We are still looking at other solutions to increase the capacity of the devices that are being monitored with DX Spectrum. We have a small set of devices being monitored and we are running a project to try to duplicate the monitoring on those devices. DX Spectrum has been great for us. It's the strongest available, the main problem is the pricing, but it's in accordance with the features. I can recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it. I would rate DX Spectrum an eight out of ten.
CSI manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Fault management that alerts you just in time, with a user-friendly interface and good support

What is our primary use case?

Spectrum is mainly for fault management. For performance management, we have a NetOps performance manager.

• "The fault management is perfect."
  • "I think the management or configuration of devices needs some improvement."

What other advice do I have?

We have the DX Spectrum and DX NetOp for performance center management from Broadcom also. Actually, we have the full fledge from Broadcom and had it from Computer Associates before Broadcom started. The distributed installation is on-premise, and we have one interface server and approximately six Spectrum servers. I definitely recommend this product. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
IT Architect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Extremely stable and has good cross analysis features

What is our primary use case?

We actually service providers for CA Spectrum. If we create a solution for a customer with this type of API, we use CA Spectrum to monitor this API.

• "I have found the cross analysis feature to be the most valuable."
  • "For us, the implementation was quite complex but it's because of the large number of different environments we're dealing with."

What other advice do I have?

We going more for a solidified network so we need some improvement there, based on the current level of support for our network. And a more detailed integration with NetFlow data is important for us as well. I also feel that the CIS lock-based correlation needs to be developed as well. So on a scale from one to 10, I will rate CA Spectrum an eight.
MT
System Administrator at a government with 10,001+ employees
Dashboard is easy to use but a little archaic

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases for the solution are configuration backup, performance monitoring and presentations for the upper management. I'm an assistant admin and we are customers of DX Spectrum.

• "The presentation layer is pretty simple and straightforward."
  • "The visual is a little archaic."

What other advice do I have?

You need to make sure the product runs in your environment because it might not be compatible with some people's setup. For now, I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.
DM
Network Manager at SMA
Helpful auto-discovery of network components, but it is expensive and complex to use

What is our primary use case?

We have been using this solution to supervise all of the network's components, such as our Cisco switches, UPS units, the firewall, DNS, and all of the things that have links with the network.

• "The most valuable feature is the auto-discovery, which is nice because you don't have to do anything to add a new component."
  • "The interface is not nice and needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution and I would recommend it for a big company. However, for a small business like ours, we need something that is less complex and easier to use. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
KM
Senior Engineer - Networking at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Easy to set up and has good configuration management functionality

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is alarm monitoring.

• "What I like best is the configuration management functionality."
  • "Huawei devices are not properly supported, and there are incompatibility issues related to certain protocols."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
See 1 more DX Spectrum Reviews