Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence Overview

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence is the #10 ranked solution in our list of top Test Automation Tools. It is most often compared to Selenium HQ: Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence vs Selenium HQ

What is Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence?

A modern AI-assisted approach to test automation that helps you create products that delight users, deliver at DevOps speed, test the full customer experience, test ANY technology, and predict the quantified impact of new product versions on the user before release.

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence is also known as Eggplant DAI.

Download the Functional Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence Customers
FUJIFILM Group, NEC Personal Computers
Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence Video

Jon Goranson
QA Analyst at a transportation company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Enables end-to-end testing, including smoke tests and several others

What is our primary use case?

The primary reason that we got Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence is that we have a couple of systems that are run through virtual machines. Everybody who uses it in our company needs to go through a virtual machine. This solution was the only testing system that was able to run that virtual machine and test within it. It was the best that we found. What we're mostly testing are web pages and Windows apps; Oracle transportation systems. They could have done local installs, but they put them in VMware and this was the best way to test them.

• "DAI's newest release allows us to test via scripts rather than models, because we have done 95 percent of our development in functional, not through modeling. I am really happy that then we can use the controller to run scripts rather than having to translate things to models. There are lots of options."
  • "The IDE could be even more full-featured. Because I was a developer, I was very spoiled by either Visual Studio Code or Visual Studio for shortcuts. For example, I was able to say "ctor" and hit Tab and it would create a template of a constructor for me... It would be great, when I want to create a new function, if there were shortcut commands like those that helped create all of the functions, or if there were shortcut features to do any of the complex plans."

What other advice do I have?

Jump in and try it. Don't be afraid of it. Before COVID, Eggplant would train a client for two weeks onsite and then everything would be handled through tech support. Not that the worldwide pandemic was good, but because of COVID we started getting a weekly meeting with one of their tech people, and that has been awesome. He's been a great resource. We go through scripts with him, we can send him something and he can respond back via email. But we also have face time where we can say, "Hey, I tried this, it didn't work," and we can sit there and work together through the issue and figure it…
DanielWildermuth
Testing Tools Expert at Helvetia Versicherungen
Enables you to insert all the various elements into the repository and then run your tests

What is our primary use case?

I'm a Test Tool Expert and we're customers of Eggplant Functional and have a good relationship with them. We were the first company in Switzerland to use them. We automate regression tests and there are eight people in the company currently using the product - some are testers and some developers. On a given day there would two or three people using the product, others might use it once a week or once a month.

• "The most valuable features would be the image recognition and the OCR."
  • "In terms of additional features, it would be helpful to have one package for all testing. You have the manager, the AI, then you have functional, and about 10 different packages for installing."

What other advice do I have?

The product isn't pre-installed. We use xCloud. It really is a very good product, very cool. I would rate the product a nine out of 10.
Find out what your peers are saying about Keysight Technologies, SeleniumHQ, SmartBear and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Charles Netshivhera
Integration Specialist at ABSA
A solution that offers good scripting and OCR, but lacks good reporting functionality

• "The solution is based on a Windows model, where adding users is just a few clicks. It is easy to manage users and add them."
  • "The reporting function is a bit shallow. The solution does not offer very comprehensive reporting in terms of your test results. The reporting time and the logs are very high level as well. These areas need improvement."

What other advice do I have?

Implementation depends on a lot of factors, but you do need a team that has technical knowledge of the tool. There's a lot of configuration involved when you set up the solution. I would rate the solution seven out of ten. I am not a fan because of the reporting functionality and the difficulty in configuring the solution.
Test lead/Senior Mobile Automation QA at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees
Nice code generation from flow charts, but the user interface and VPN setup need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We evaluated this solution and began writing code, but we are not comfortable coding in Eggplant so we are not buying it. We are definitely moving to an open-source solution.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to create code from a flow chart, and then run the code through it."
  • "We found that we had issues regarding the VPN setup, which is one of the reasons that we did not purchase this solution."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.
Download our free Functional Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Keysight Technologies, SeleniumHQ, SmartBear, and more!