Ekahau Site Survey Overview

Ekahau Site Survey is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Network Modeling tools. It is most often compared to AirMagnet Survey: Ekahau Site Survey vs AirMagnet Survey

What is Ekahau Site Survey?

Over 12 years in the making, ESSTM maintains its reputation as the easiest to use, enterprise-grade Wi-Fi design and maintenance tool for Wi-Fi professionals. With crystal clear heat maps and easy-to-use reports, ESS makes it simple to optimize Wi-Fi.

ESS allows you to plan and create Wi-Fi networks according to your performance and capacity requirements—taking into consideration the increasing amount of wireless clients and applications such as VoIP, HD video streaming and web browsing.

Download the Network Modeling Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Ekahau Site Survey Customers

Presidio, Planet Earth, Ruckus

Ekahau Site Survey Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Owner at Collabsion, Inc.
Easily troubleshoots problems stemming from interference

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to conduct wifi site surveys. It works in any environment.

• "The ability to perform dual-band spectrum analysis while conducting the standard WiFi site survey is a tremendous time saver."
  • "I find the power button hard to access with just one hand."

What other advice do I have?

This is a professional tool. You have to know how to use it. Used in conjunction with the Ekahau Pro software and a professional wireless engineer, this tool will make conducting a wireless site survey a breeze.
Directeur Supports et Formation at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Spectrum analyzer integration allows reviewing measurements on the survey paths.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product; regular updates make it dynamic and bring us new possibilities.
Find out what your peers are saying about Ekahau, NetAlly, iBwave and others in Network Modeling. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Consultant at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Importing DWG files that identify the types of walls, doors, glass, and other structural materials is valuable.
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
DXF/DWG floor plans can be imported.

What other advice do I have?

From my experience, Ekauhau has always been very interested in improving their software by listening to users' demands and requirements. From my point of view, they successfully ease the complex process of designing wireless LAN on a professional level.
System Engineer at a mining and metals company with 10,001+ employees
We used it to create a plan to support the company headquarters building with a high-density environment.
Ingeniero de sistemas at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
When planning a WiFi network, it estimates the number of APs you need.

What is most valuable?

Planning a WiFi network: You can estimate the number of APs you need without error. It works fine! It is perfect for knowing the problems of a WiFi network. You can see the radio state.

How has it helped my organization?

With this tool, you can plan the WiFi network without error.

What needs improvement?

This tool needs too many of the resources (RAM) of your PC.

I have used it for five years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

How

Sr. Wireless Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
It is possible to import Autocad layers.

What is most valuable?

Import Autocad layers into Ekahau

How has it helped my organization?

The speed, accuracy, and reliability has improved the way my organization functions.

I have used it for two years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is good. Technical Support: Technical support is good.

We have replaced all…
WLAN & Route/Switch Network Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Recent upgrades allows opacity view on the heat maps, allowing the floor plan to have better visibility.

What other advice do I have?

Just a customer service story: I needed an AP listed for a predictive model that was not listed in ESS. I sent a request to have this one added to ESS and within three hours, the response came back with the file I needed to copy and paste into ESS to use this AP model! Three hours! Unbelievably responsive and outstanding customer service. Ekahau listens and responds to their customers!
Product Categories
Network Modeling
Download our free Network Modeling Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ekahau, NetAlly, iBwave, and more!