Endpoint Protector Overview

Endpoint Protector is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Data Loss Prevention tools. It is most often compared to ESET Safetica: Endpoint Protector vs ESET Safetica

What is Endpoint Protector?

Content Aware Protection
Scanning data in motion
Monitor, control and block file transfers. Detailed control through both content and context inspection.

Device Control
USB & peripheral port control
Lockdown, monitor and manage devices. Granular control based on Vendor ID, Product ID, Serial Number and more.

Enforced Encryption
Automatic USB encryption
Encrypt, manage and secure USB storage devices by safeguarding data in transit. Password-based, easy to use and very efficient.

eDiscovery
Scanning data at rest
Discover, encrypt and delete sensitive data. Detailed content and context inspection through manual or automatic scans

Endpoint Protector Buyer's Guide

Download the Endpoint Protector Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Endpoint Protector Customers

Samsung, Toyota, Philips, Zeppelin, Western Union, eBay

Endpoint Protector Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Endpoint Protector pricing:
  • "Pricing is quite reasonable. For smaller organizations, it lets them get into the product domain, whereas a lot of vendors won't even talk to them. CoSoSys is just about at that sweet spot of being serious enough that you have to budget for it, but at the same time, affordable enough that the value is well worth it."
  • "For what it's doing, the cost is somewhat high for us, but it's the cost of doing business with the clients that we have."
  • "It has a fair price. They just changed recently from perpetual licensing. When I bought it, I bought it on perpetual license, then they changed the whole company policy to go to subscription. It was a bit of a shock to us because we haven't upgraded it that many times. However, after speaking to CoSoSys directly, they gave us a very good renewal price."
  • "I don't have any issue with the licensing and pricing. I would love for it to be cheaper, but at the same time I'm getting a lot from it."
  • "[The pricing] is reasonable compared to what's out there."

BL
Security Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Enables us to search for keywords, a process which is a critical part of our security operations

What is our primary use case?

We use it for detecting the traversal of data through endpoints. We keep a multi-tier isolated environment, so we have inner and outer cordons of access control. And over VPN, users could potentially be one of the exfil points, at least the privileged ones with access. Being able to identify when information enters the system and leaves, based on a number of complex criteria, because we work with medical information from all over the world, is the purpose of it in our organization. The solution is all on-premises. We're a healthcare organization, and that's actually one of the reasons we use… more »

• "There are effectively two areas of DLP to look at from a technical perspective. One is how it performs the pickup of information traversing the system and the other is how the policy engine, which analyzes the data, works. On the first aspect, CoSoSys is probably best of breed for macOS because they're reasonably well-integrated into the operating system. They're looking at the file system operations level, not at the execution level."
  • "The policy engine could use a bit of work. They're definitely going in the right direction. We've been working with them over the last few weeks to try and optimize that. But it's reasonably clear that they're just not putting as much effort into the policy engine as into other things, like content discovery."

What other advice do I have?

In my private practice, I work with a lot of other firms, including some design firms that are Mac-based and, as they start to ramp up their security—because they're now becoming vectors of attack into their own customer bases—this product is definitely something that's on the radar. The ability to lock down a wide variety of USB devices is a secondary thing for us, because we do central policy management through another solution, so we have devices locked down through other policy engine mechanisms. But it is very convenient how CoSoSys has implemented it. That ability is definitely on the…
Interactive Developer at Customer Communications Group, Inc.
Good support that is responsive, stable with zero downtime, and the cloud-storage site blocking is helpful

What is our primary use case?

The main reason that we brought this solution into our ecosystem is that we work with a number of financial institutions who value all of their data, whether it's marketing material, all the way up to client data, which we don't really handle as data. Because we do promotional stuff, we need to adhere to what our clients are asking us to do to lock down the ability to lose data. We use Endpoint Protector to limit our employees' access to removing data off of company computers. We are running the current version of the server, which I updated recently. We are running different versions of the… more »

• "The most valuable features are the ability to prevent access to external devices, and also site blocking."
  • "This product provides zero-day protection for macOS, although I'm currently dealing with an issue on the most recent rollout of the Endpoint client that doesn't seem to be fully functioning."

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that we have learned from using this product is that it can keep our computers and data from leaving the organization. That's extremely valuable for us, and I can see how it would be so for other companies, as well. My advice for anybody who is looking into implementing this product is to make sure that they understand the requirements for the environment ahead of time. Our biggest hurdle at the very beginning was that piece of hardware. You have to make sure that you have either the cost evaluated within the budget to have Endpoint host that solution, or alternatively, that…
Learn what your peers think about Endpoint Protector. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
501,818 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Core Facilities & ICT Manager at MJB International LLC/ Al Masaood John Brown LLC
Gives us control of what people can access, especially from external devices

What is our primary use case?

We use it to block USB and any external devices for read-write. We only allow people to read an external device, not to write to an external device, unless we approve it. Our main reason is that we have 30 percent of our workforce working globally around the world. In addition, a lot of them do not have WiFi access, as they are working in the desert. We needed an application that allows us to unblock or block something by giving a code and could be sent by WhatsApp or SMS. It's hosted on the cloud, then deployed to workstations. This is a portal from the vendor that we have access to where we… more »

• "There are a lot of features, but the main feature is that I can use a device serial number to unlock any particular machine or for all machines. If I have a phone, like a Samsung phone, I can whitelist that specific phone for full access wherever it is plugged into any of our devices. This is the same with a USB, because most USBs come in bulk and have the same serial number. I can then whitelist that particular USB to be read-write with full access."
  • "When you want to uninstall and reinstall, there are a lot of issues. You have to do a lot of workarounds to reinstall Endpoint Protector. This is a major issue that we have constantly because we still have old systems with XP. While there are only very few, we need to run them because there are machines attached that only run on XP. When we need to uninstall and reinstall on XP or Windows 10, we have serious issues left in the Registry Editor everywhere. There is a lot of manual interference to get the reinstallation to work. For the uninstallation of Endpoint Protector, they need to work on this so it doesn't leave any leftovers behind."

What other advice do I have?

Have a look at a good demo. You will see the benefits of the system. We only use it for device blocking, but there are so many other features. It depends what you want out of Endpoint Protector. An overall demo of its capabilities will let you see that it is worthwhile. There is an application out there that does multiple things in one go. We looked only at blocking off other devices, but we are rethinking that. Next year, we will be looking to buy usage of all the other features. It would be nice to have one application that does multiple things in one go, which normally other people would…
Head IT at Trantor
It seems they have not properly tested the product, and customer support is very poor

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for DLP.

• "The product is forward-looking, in my opinion, which is a requirement nowadays."
  • "I have faced issues which shouldn't be related to this product. This product is purely a DLP, so it should only protect my data. I don't know what is happening with their agent or what is happening with the software, but it messes up my endpoint. For example, people are facing bandwidth issues. Before I deployed this on an endpoint, people were getting internet speeds of 40 or 50 Mbps. After deploying it, that would come down to 10 Mbps. And if I uninstalled the agent, it would go back to 50 Mbps."

What other advice do I have?

I'm just waiting for the renewal. I will not use it again in the future. DLP means blocking something, and I have not blocked anything. If you look at my configuration, I'm just reporting things in case something happens so I can fetch the logs and show them to management. But I don't want to face an embarrassing situation in front of management, because we are in the software service. We have proper SLAs. But if management comes to me and says, "Why didn't you guys block this?" I will not have any answer. If I knew that support was fantastic, that if I did something and I got stuck I could…
System Administrator at Insight Financial Credit Union, Inc.
Clipboard granularity works great, enabling me to see copying and pasting to specific exit points, and report on it and block it

What is our primary use case?

I was looking for a DLP solution and Endpoint Protector happened not only to help with that, but also with the USB management piece. As a credit union we have a lot of sensitive data, so we need to be able to see it at rest and block it, and not only on-premises, but off-premises as well. A lot of people work remotely now and this solution is really working for me because once the endpoint is on there, I'm still in control.

• "Compared to a lot of the USB management systems out there, Endpoint Protector is the only one that comes with true USB management and the DLP side of it. I'm pretty impressed because I've used several solutions with DLP and USB management, and I've never seen granularity like this solution has."
  • "One of the areas where there is room for improvement is support. It takes time for them to respond. They need to respond on time. Instead of sending an email, I think it would be very helpful to say, 'Let's set up a WebEx to see what's really going on,' instead of the back and forth of email."

What other advice do I have?

I'm in a Windows environment, but I see it does MacOS, Windows, open sources. It has all of that on the platform. I'm not using the EasyLock USB Enforced Encryption app to automatically encrypt confidential data transferred to USB storage devices. I'm more monitoring it. But I have the option of force it to encrypt. Overall, I've never seen a solution with this much granularity. I didn't expect that. I did the demo, but it was only when I actually put in my environment and saw things and said, "Oh, wow." The reporting and the analysis have provided a lot of lessons learned. I didn't think I…
MH
Manager of IT Infrastructure at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Stable and works well across multiple platforms

What is our primary use case?

We have a multi-platform environment, mainly Linux and Mac. We installed a client in our client PCs and we have a management server in the same network. So we control the workstation through that management control, we mainly enable the Endpoint Protector function for blocking USBS and other physical ports, and we have some policies to restrict data passing from one PC to another PC. Those are the main features we are using.

• "It is easy to manage the DLP between MacOS and Linux."
  • "In Linux a user can remove a getent anytime. There is no control there on the file structure in Linux. So if this solution could give us information on what users removed in the dashboard, it would help us."

What other advice do I have?

I work in Samsung, so we have many subsidiaries all over the world. Gradually we are explaining to them that we are using this solution in Bangladesh and we are expecting more organizations in Samsung to use this solution. We have a platform to communicate with each other and share our experiences. So if any offices in Samsung begin using this process it would allow us to develop these things for Samsung more closely. On a scale of one to ten I would give Endpoint Protector an eight. Our experience using Endpoint Protector for security purposes is very good.
PB
People Operations Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Main dashboard is intuitive, and offline temporary passcode solution is really easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use it primarily for endpoint protection. We have to be SOC 2 compliant. We have a number of standards that we have to abide by for HIPAA reasons and SOC 2 reasons, which is why we initially put it in place, but we mostly use it for endpoint protection and MDM.

• "It also provides us with the ability to lock down a wide variety of USB devices, which is pretty important because we don't want certain data accessed. It does a really good job when it comes to the versatility of the exit points it supports, making sure that important data does not leave our organization."
  • "There are times when the server needs to be updated, and it would help if I got a notification for when the newest version comes out, because at the moment, I'm going in every now and then and checking. Sometimes it comes out and I didn't know it had come out."

What other advice do I have?

In terms of feature parity between Windows and macOS, with Windows it takes a lot longer to install, but that's really the main difference.
MP
IT Specialist at TresVista Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
User-friendly, simple-to-use interface, good support, and protects us from data leakage

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to protect our Mac and Windows 10 endpoints. Our main purpose is to block the uploading of Excel and PowerPoint files. We also use it to block USB devices and other peripherals that users connect to the system.

• "The interface is pretty user-friendly, neatly explained, and simple to use."
  • "We are currently facing an issue where it is blocking the Winman software, which is something that we don't want to happen because we use it in our accounts department to pay taxes."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that has improved over time. For example, in the past, there was no option to view the ports that were not added to your list. This is now supported and some of the problems we were facing have been stopped. Another example is that we are now able to block Teams and it works pretty well, whereas, in the past, we could not block uploads or downloads with Teams. Endpoint Protector has other features that we do not use, such as encryption. Instead, we deployed Sophos Encryption approximately six months ago for this purpose. The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this…
See 4 more Endpoint Protector Reviews
Product Categories
Data Loss Prevention
Download our free Endpoint Protector Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.