erwin Evolve Overview

erwin Evolve is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Architecture Management tools. It is most often compared to IDERA ER/Studio: erwin Evolve vs IDERA ER/Studio

What is erwin Evolve?

erwin is used by more than 50,000 professionals in 60+ countries to get big results from their enterprise data initiatives. erwin is the #1 choice in virtually every industry, from government and healthcare to retail and finance.

erwin Modeling provides a collaborative environment to manage enterprise data through an intuitive, graphical interface. With a centralized view of key data definitions, you can leverage information as a strategic asset and more efficiently manage your data resources to save time and money.

erwin Evolve is also known as erwin EA, erwin Business Process, erwin Enterprise Architecture.

erwin Evolve Buyer's Guide

Download the erwin Evolve Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

erwin Evolve Customers

AT&T, Bank of America, Chevron, Duke University, ESPN, Fidelity, GE, JP Morgan Chase, KPMG, McGraw Hill, NASA, Pfizer, Royal Bank of Scotland, Teradata, Union Pacific, Vodafone, Wells Fargo.

erwin Evolve Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

RC
Chief Consultant at A.I. Consultancy Ltd
Impact analysis feature enables us to easily visualize the impact of change

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to develop industry models to support our consulting business.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helped to jump start our EA (Enterprise architecture) and BPM practices.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are impact analysis, where I can easily visualize the impact of change.

What needs improvement?

I feel that the UML drawing capability needs to be improved.  EA Agile only support ArchiMate and BPMN drawing. It does not support UML notation and can only import UML drawing prepared in other platform as graph object. It'll be much better if it can suppory natively all UML notation and standard.
SS
User at AIT Resource Group
User
Business process modelling could be improved. However, forward and reverse engineering were valuable features

What is our primary use case?

Data modeling for data warehousing solutions, including forward engineering and reverse engineering for OLTP and dimensional models.

How has it helped my organization?

Creating and publishing DW models.

What is most valuable?

Forward and reverse engineering.

What needs improvement?

Business process modelling.

Learn what your peers think about erwin Evolve. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Solution Lead at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
It helped to reduce the rate of design and deployment errors and increased the ease of validation

• "Support for a broad range of data sources from relational to big data to the Cloud."
  • "There might be improvement required to better support some of the MPP databases for non-relational data structures and NoSQL databases."

What other advice do I have?

ERwin setup is very simple and straight.
Data Governance, Sr. Mgr at Lytx Inc.
A cross platform database designer, data inventory control and metadata library.

• "Workgroup Repository collection of data models allows research across models without worry about platform incompatibilities and provides easy KPIs about corporate data assets."
  • "Add some ability to do conditional Visualization on the models and in reports (some ideas) – maybe as a specialized Theme or Diagram or Display."

What other advice do I have?

This product is a cross platform database designer, data inventory control & metadata library, and supports soft link integration. It can be used to document or design metadata any type of data set and most data modeling styles. Doing your database design first and testing requirements on paper can be used to scope deployments in the correct sequence to support Agile teams.
President & CEO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Excellent data modeling tool for large organizations managing large data models and deploying them to a wide variety of popular platforms

What other advice do I have?

This review reflects my experience with and opinion regarding the Erwin product after many years of using it and several other popular data modeling tools. I received no financial incentive or other consideration for this review.
Senior Data Architect at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The Bulk Edit allows us to bring in definitions from IBM's Business Glossary.

What is most valuable?

Complete Compare AND Bulk Edit.

How has it helped my organization?

The Bulk Edit allows us to bring in definitions from IBM's Business Glossary.

What needs improvement?

Would like to see canonical modeling supported for web services.

20+ year

Customer Service: Outstanding Technical Support: Outstanding

I've used several other Modeling tool (Embarcadero an System Architect).

Straightfo…