ESET Endpoint Antivirus OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is #13 ranked solution in top Anti-Malware Tools. IT Central Station users give ESET Endpoint Antivirus an average rating of 8 out of 10. ESET Endpoint Antivirus is most commonly compared to ESET File Security:ESET Endpoint Antivirus vs ESET File Security. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is ESET Endpoint Antivirus?

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is an on-premise antivirus solution that provides businesses protection against malware and a remote management tool.
ESET Endpoint Antivirus also features device control, which scans USB sticks, CDs, DVDs and other removable media for hidden threats. Administrators can configure the system to block unauthorized media from accessing the network, thus protecting against data loss.

Download the Anti-Malware Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

ESET Endpoint Antivirus Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ESET Endpoint Antivirus pricing:
  • "It probably is less expensive than Sophos."
  • "This is not an expensive product."

ESET Endpoint Antivirus Reviews

Lawrence Knowlton
IT Specialist at a government with 51-200 employees
Works fine, pretty stable, and easy to deploy

• "It has been working fine. It lets you know when it finds things. We didn't have any incident where the place had to shut down or was taken over by anything. We haven't had any issues that we know of."
  • "It seems to have some issues with updates. When you do updates, it sometimes requests for a reboot, and even when you do the reboot, it still says that you need to reboot. Currently, on my computer, it says that a new ESET Endpoint Antivirus has been installed, and I need to restart the computer for the changes to take effect, but I've already done that, and the same message is still there, which is a little annoying. It should have a feature similar to the Intercept X feature in Sophos."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to protect our endpoints and servers.

What is most valuable?

It has been working fine. It lets you know when it finds things. We didn't have any incident where the place had to shut down or was taken over by anything. We haven't had any issues that we know of.

What needs improvement?

It seems to have some issues with updates. When you do updates, it sometimes requests for a reboot, and even when you do the reboot, it still says that you need to reboot. Currently, on my computer, it says that a new ESET Endpoint Antivirus has been installed, and I need to restart the computer for the changes to take effect, but I've already done that, and the same message is still there, which is a little annoying.

It should have a feature similar to the Intercept X feature in Sophos.

I have been using this solution for a little over a year.

Overall, it seems pretty stable.

As far as I know, it is scalable. Currently, we have 30 users in our company. We don't have any plans to increase its usage. We're pretty static here.

I haven't had to deal with their tech support. We would go through the MSP, and the MSP generally interfaces with them.

We were using Sophos. Our MSP had a bad experience with it, so we decided to go with ESET Endpoint Antivirus. We get it through our MSP, and it was a part of the package, and that's why we dropped Sophos.

Sophos had Intercept X on the server-side to protect the files on the server, but we had to pay extra for it to be on the endpoints. We at least had the server version, which was kind of cool.

It was straightforward. Our MSP has a script, and when you run the script, it kind of gets installed automatically. It also gets configured with their systems. It was pretty easy.

Our MSP is Tech Kollective, and they're very responsive.

It probably is less expensive than Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus an eight out of ten.

AT
Senior Software Architect at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Stable and cost-effective, but it is resource-heavy and the interface is horrible

• "It hasn't crashed a single time, so it is stable in that sense."
  • "I think that ESET is a little too heavy on the CPU."

What is our primary use case?

This product is installed by my company's technical team as an antivirus solution.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is horrible.

I think that ESET is a little too heavy on the CPU. I have used other products where this is not necessarily the case. It is not the quickest antivirus product.

I have been using ESET for about seven months.

It hasn't crashed a single time, so it is stable in that sense. My understanding is that the decision to implement ESET was recent and we will continue to use it in the future.

The whole company is protected by ESET and we have about 120 employees.

When we have troubles then we contact our internal IT team.

I personally use the antivirus product that comes with Microsoft Windows.

My IT department pre-installed ESET before I was given the laptop to use.

This is not an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

Personally, I would just use the Microsoft antivirus that comes with Windows. If you have a special laptop or a special set of use cases then you might install a second antivirus such as this, but for myself, I would not.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about ESET, GoSecure, WatchGuard and others in Anti-Malware Tools. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MS
User at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
Simple to install, scalable, and high performance

• "The performance of the solution is very good it does not impact my hardware and is user-friendly."
  • "The solution could improve by having higher-level security and reporting."

What is our primary use case?

I use for ESET Endpoint Antivirus to protect my personal and business files.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having higher-level security and reporting.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Antivirus for approximately six years.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is stable.

I have found ESET Endpoint Antivirus scalable.

We have approximately 150 users using this solution.

I have not faced an issue that I would need to contact the support.

I have used Kaspersky and Trend Micro previously.

The installation is straightforward.

When comparing ESET Endpoint Antivirus to other antivirus programs, such as Trend Micro or Kaspersky, it is the best. The other two were too heavy on the system resources, it consumes a lot of hardware. Additionally, they could not detect auto-run viruses.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus a nine out of ten.

AR
Commercial Hub Manager at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
Easy to install, stable, and simple configuration

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for protection against threats, such as viruses.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the solution by adding better ransomware features.

I have been using this solution for approximately 10 years.

I have found ESET Endpoint Antivirus stable.

The solution is easy to install and configure.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise companies before purchasing this solution to make sure it has all the features they are looking for in the package they choose. I rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for protection against threats, such as viruses.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the solution by adding better ransomware features.

I have been using this solution for approximately 10 years.

I have found ESET Endpoint Antivirus stable.

The solution is easy to install and configure.

What other advice do I have?

I rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud