JB
Partner at a media company with 51-200 employees
Great stability with good tech support

• "The stability is great."
  • "The solution could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to try to protect against bugs. I simply install it on all our computers, in its basic format, for the purpose of dealing with basic bugs. I do not have the capabilities to use the solution for more advanced purposes. Basically, we use it for protection.

What needs improvement?

I would like for the solution to be simpler to understand. While it satisfies our needs at the moment, it is really only understandable to those with a strong computer background. It could be more user-friendly.

The solution should provide a basic standard and give instructions on how one could go about doing more complex tasks. When it comes to basic capabilities, it is fine and straightforward, so I have no complaint in this regard.

The solution could be more cost-effective, but this is a blanket statement which can be made about anything.

We have been using ESET Endpoint Security for more than five years.

The stability is great. It is perfect and effortless, which is why I like the solution. There is no need to involve oneself with this.

I suppose the solution is scalable, although I have no personal knowledge of this. I have never attempted to scale it.

I have contacted technical support on a couple of occasions. I simply call Auckland and they instruct me how to proceed. I am satisfied with the support. It is good.

The initial setup was completely simple.

It took all of a few minutes.

I handled the installation independently.

The solution requires nearly no maintenance. There are only the regular updates, which it mostly handles on its own.

As is the general rule with anything, the solution could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

We started using the solution based on the recommendations of several friends of mine who have much familiarity with computers and have simply continued to do so.

While I don't recall the exact figure, I believe there are seven or eight users making use of the solution. We use it on our server, as well.

I would definitely recommend the solution to others.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security as a ten out of ten.

Heber Ramirez
Head of Infrastructure at Almo
Robust, user-friendly and offers good technical support

• "Technical support has been very good. They are helpful and responsive."
  • "We would like to see more options in the help menu for users."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for managing the security of the endpoints.

What is most valuable?

The product is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and understand how to access its features is simple.

Overall, we've enjoyed using the product. It's been good.

The pricing is quite fair. It's not too expensive. We don't have any complaints.

We've found the customization to be very good.

It's not hard to integrate other products.

The stability has been very good. We haven't had any issues so far.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not a complex process.

Technical support has been very good. They are helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more options in the help menu for users. If they had more information there to help us troubleshoot or answer specific questions, that would be helpful.

I've been using the solution for four years or so.

The stability is very good. We haven't had any issues. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very robust.

I've never tried to scale the solution. We have never needed to scale the solution out and therefore never researched that aspect.

We have about 50 people on the solution currently.

Technical support has been very good. We find them to be knowledgeable and responsive. We're quite satisfied with their help we receive.

The initial setup is not difficult. It's very, very easy.

The deployment doesn't take very long. Normally, we take two or three months or so to handle the implementation from beginning to end.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user. We are not a partner or reseller. We don't have a special relationship with the company.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using at this time.

I'd recommend this solution to other organizations.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a nine. We've been quite happy with its capabilities.

Hybrid Cloud
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Md.Jasim Uddin
Assistant Manager at Cosmopolitan Communications Limited
Good protection with reasonable pricing and good data encryption capabilities

• "The pricing is good."
  • "While we see dangers within our security system, it would help if there were popups that could immediately alert us or the user of the endpoint that something was detected."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution primarily for endpoint security. In Bangladesh, I can choose the immediate endpoint security that I've installed for the channel. I went for online protection.

What is most valuable?

The protection on offer is good.

The solution allows for data encryption, which is helpful.

The pricing is good.

The solution is scalable.

The stability has been decent.

What needs improvement?

While we see dangers within our security system, it would help if there were popups that could immediately alert us or the user of the endpoint that something was detected. That way, you have an immediate warning and have to think about if you want to continue what you are doing or not. Right now, it's too slow to react, rather, allows us to react too slowly.

The performance could be better.

I've been working with the solution for the last couple of months. It hasn't been that long just yet.

Aside from not having immediate alerts to potential dangers, the solution is stable.

The solution can scale just fine.

Right now, the use is limited. We've only had it for a few months.

Currently, we're not using any technical support. Although we might in the future, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are right now. I've never contacted them.

The pricing of the product is fair. We don't find it to be overly expensive or unreasonable.

I've tried other endpoint security trials and have found ESET to be superior.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. I don't have a business relationship with ESET.

At this time, I only have it on my workstation.

The product is good for most endpoints, including laptops and desktops and works well with iOS and Windows systems.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I've been happy with the results I've gotten so far.

SR
Information Security Engineer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Quality signature-based detection, priced well, but EPP and EDR should be combined

• "This solution has a traditional antivirus, I believe that signature-based detection is most valuable."
  • "We are looking to move towards an EDR solution rather than EPP. EDR is a solution that can dynamically detect threats based on the process behavior. It would be better if this solution was an EDR and an EPP solution, this would increase security protection."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for the detection and mitigation of threats.

What is most valuable?

This solution has a traditional antivirus, I believe that signature-based detection is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

We are looking to move towards an EDR solution rather than EPP. EDR is a solution that can dynamically detect threats based on the process behavior. It would be better if this solution was an EDR and an EPP solution, this would increase security protection.

The solution is on-premise and many of our agents if they are out of the network, can hardly communicate.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The stability depends on the use case. Based on our organization, it is not that reliable. We do require some more advanced endpoint security solution such as the EDR capability.

The scalability is very good. If you need to increase the number of systems then it is flexible and able to be scaled. We have approximately 500 users using the solution in my organization.

I have experienced great customer support from the solution, they were responsive.

The installation was complicated.

The solution was implemented by our IT infrastructure team. I am not aware of what challenges they had faced, but they had faced a number of challenges.

The license is annually, and the price is low compared to competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution only if they can add additional features. ESET have an EDR capable solution. However, they should combine the EPP and EDR together. When they can be simultaneously used I think it will be better and more towards perfection.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a six out of ten.

EhabAl Borai
IT Manager at Arab International Optronics
Protects our local computers from viruses and malware

• "Technical support has been very good. They're quick to respond to any problems."
  • "The solution should offer more security surrounding blacklisted websites."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect our local computers from viruses and malware.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is malware protection, specifically in relation to mail.

What needs improvement?

The solution should offer more security surrounding blacklisted websites.

It would be good if they had some sort of solution or feature that helped deal with files infected by ransomware which could be detected by the user.

I've been using the solution for 1.5 years.

The stability of the solution is good.

In Egypt, it doesn't appear to be a scalable antivirus. I'm not sure if it's advertised to be or not. Right now, we have 110 users in our company using the solution. We may increase usage to 300 users.

Technical support has been very good. They're quick to respond to any problems.

We didn't previously use a different solution. I did use Kapersky at a different company, but I didn't find it as secure.

The initial setup is very easy. Deployment took about five minutes. You don't need more than that to tune it and make everything work properly. You only need one person for administration purposes once the solution is set up.

I handled the implementation myself.

Currently, we are running on a three-year license. The pricing might be around $20,000. There aren't any costs above the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution. The security is good and it's easy to install even on an enterprise level.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

AlexLibis
Owner/CEO at Mator
Antivirus protection with good support but needs to include IPS Firewall

• "The most valuable features are the sandbox, mail scanning, sandboxing attachments, files, and that it responds to VPN porting."
  • "The solution includes only Intrusion Detection and not IPS, which is an important feature that is missing in my version."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for antivirus protection.

We are currently in the process of installation of the Endpoint Detection and Response.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the sandbox, mail scanning, sandboxing attachments, files, and that it responds to VPN porting.

What needs improvement?

The IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) Firewall is not available. The solution includes only Intrusion Detection and not IPS, which is an important feature that is missing in my version.

In the next release, I would like to see the IPS Firewall included, as well as the VPN porting and Intelligence services. I would also like to see end-user behavior and not just antivirus.

I have been working with ESET Endpoint Security for two years.

This solution is stable.

We are just now in the installation process so we have not explored this area.

We have 1000 endpoints.

We have technical support in Isreal through a reseller. It's okay, they are good.

Previously I was using SEP, Symantec Endpoint Security, Check Point Endpoint Security, and Sophos. They are all very high-level.

The company decided to try ESET, so we will have to wait and see.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It's still a very new product so I don't have all of the information. Maybe in a month or two, I will know more.

There are many differences with other solutions such as IPS Firewall, VPN, cloud management, and multi-level cloud management, that I cannot compare as I have not yet experienced all of these areas with ESET.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Founder/President at Chameleon Technology S.A.
Fast virus detection, powerful firewall, and stability exceptional

• "I would say that this solution has the best support team in this kind of Endpoint protection product."
  • "In the future, a cloud version of the solution would be great."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as an antivirus, a local firewall, and anti-malware protection.

What is most valuable?

The best features of this solution are the fast anti-malware and antivirus detection, and the powerful local firewall.

What needs improvement?

In the future, a cloud version of the solution would be great. The interface is too complicated, our clients contact us because they are not able to do some tasks such as updating. In addition, updating the toolkit and detection feature would be advantageous.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The stability is the best.

A lot of our customers are small businesses but we did not have issues with scalability with the solution.

I would say that this solution has the best support team in this kind of Endpoint protection product.

The setup is complicated, there are too many elements to configure.

One of our customers who was scheduled to renew 120 licenses in March, is evaluating other solutions because they must have one that is fully in the cloud. ESET is AWS implementation, it is not a true cloud solution.

We have some other customers that are evaluating other solutions such as Broadcom, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, and Microsoft. Additionally, some of our larger business customers with more users are evaluating F-Secure.

If I was to compare ESET and Symantec, one of the enormous differences is Symantec provides a cloud version.

What other advice do I have?

We have had a reduction of customers for this product do to the pandemic slowing down operations.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
ILAN SCHWARTZ
CIO at Getter group LTD
Very good endpoint feature, simple to use, and a reasonable price

• "The solution has a very good endpoint feature."
  • "The feature is somewhat lacking in security protection."

What is our primary use case?

We are customers and resellers of ESET.

What is most valuable?

We use all the features that ESET offers, and I particularly like the endpoint feature.

What needs improvement?

We are constantly facing new threats and if ESET could incorporate an implementable feature that wouldn't require us to buy an additional product to protect the endpoint, that would be very good.

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we've implemented it in every workstation in the company. We have close to 350 licenses. We have just one person dealing with maintenance, the solution updates every day from the internet. Any new upgrades self-implement.

Our administrator is usually the one that has contact with technical support. We can email them when necessary and we have a good relationship with them. It's very good for us.

We previously used a different endpoint solution but I don't remember the name. We switched for two reasons. Firstly, in the previous solution, the implementation of the different versions to the endpoint was a little complicated. And secondly, the price. ESET is a more reasonably priced solution for us.

I know that Cisco also has good endpoint products and it's something we would evaluate and consider. We'd like to see if it can be implemented in our company.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to read all the documentation as it will make implementation easier.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.