BK
IT Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Stable with good protection, good support, and easy to maintain

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the protection itself, which works well for us."
  • "Data Leak Protection is is what we are searching for at the moment. It is not included with ESET."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the management console, ESET Management Center with this suite, and we deploy ESET Endpoint to the PCs and servers.

What is most valuable?

I don't know what would need improvement. It's a fine solution for us. I don't know what could be better. There are many other solutions to compare with, but I don't know them.

With ESET we are content for now. It is what we need.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see DLP included. Data Leak Protection is what we are searching for at the moment. It is not included with ESET.

I have been working with ESET Endpoint Security for 10 years.

We are using one of the latest versions.

This solution is stable. We have not had any issues.

This is an area that we have not had to experience. It's enough for what have.

We have approximately 100 users in our organization.

We have contacted technical support and we are satisfied with them.

Previously, we used Norman, but it's only an antivirus. ESET is better.

We only require one person for the maintenance of this solution.

The price could be lower, but it's comparable, as other solutions have a similar price for the same effect.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a nine out of ten.

AG
CEO at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Excellent support, light on hardware resources, and allows us to create software and hardware inventory by using the console

• "The software and hardware inventory that you can create by using the console is valuable. It is also very light on hardware resources."
  • "They can improve ransomware protection, and there should be cloud sandboxing for Mac."

What is our primary use case?

We use ESET to protect our company from evolving threats. We also use it to monitor activity in the network, have a hardware and software inventory, and automate some tasks such as running commands through a console and things like that.

What is most valuable?

The software and hardware inventory that you can create by using the console is valuable. It is also very light on hardware resources.

What needs improvement?

They can improve ransomware protection, and there should be cloud sandboxing for Mac.

I have been using this solution for many years.

It is stable on Windows and Mac.

It is easily scalable.

Their support is great and excellent.

It is easy to set up the solution. The duration depends on the number of endpoints and servers that you have. If you have many computers and you're using Active Directory, it generally takes less than a week.

What other advice do I have?

To set it up, choose a cloud. That's because it is easier to implement than on-premise, and you can use GPO to deploy the probe using Active Directory.

By using the console, you can uninstall antivirus from other companies, and you can also set up some alerts. If there is anything you need to look at, such as malware detection, you can schedule alerts via email.

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a 10 out of 10.

Other
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,382 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mickelle Van Wyk
Technical Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Robust in features, interface well designed, and user friendly

• "I find the main valuable feature to be the antivirus, it is very effective with removing viruses."
  • "The adware module could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

I find the main valuable feature to be the antivirus, it is very effective with removing viruses. I also like the fact that it gives you protection when you do the banking and the scanning of emails in and out. The interface is well designed, performance is smooth, easy to configure, and overall really nice to work with. At this stage of our evaluation, it is a comprehensive solution.

What needs improvement?

The adware module could be improved.

I have been using this solution for four years.

I have found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable, we have eight devices using the solution in my organization. Most of our clients are small to medium-sized businesses.

I have not used the support many times, but in the past when I have dealt with them, the support was very good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The price of the solution is reasonable compared to the other products out there. It is definitely in line with the competition.

We currently use SentinelOne, and we are evaluating this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those looking to implement this solution to work through it with their partners because the partners do the training. This would be the easiest.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a nine out of ten.

KL
IT Manager at Version 2 Limited
Lightweight, very easy to deploy, and very stable

• "It is pretty easy to deploy. Its update definition file is small, so it can dispatch very quickly within the enterprise. The product itself is very lightweight, so it won't delay your endpoint. You also don't have to do any difficult configuration because it comes with a very good default setting. So, you just install it and forget it."
  • "They recently released an EDR integration. I hope they have more AI or intelligence filtering on the EDR events. Even though it has already got AI, but it is quite a different thing. So, they still have room to improve on the EDR part. This is one small piece that they need to improve. Otherwise, it is just fine."

What is most valuable?

It is pretty easy to deploy. Its update definition file is small, so it can dispatch very quickly within the enterprise. The product itself is very lightweight, so it won't delay your endpoint. You also don't have to do any difficult configuration because it comes with a very good default setting. So, you just install it and forget it.

What needs improvement?

They recently released an EDR integration. I hope they have more AI or intelligence filtering on the EDR events. Even though it has already got AI, but it is quite a different thing. So, they still have room to improve on the EDR part. This is one small piece that they need to improve. Otherwise, it is just fine.

I have been using this solution for over 10 years.

It is excellent. It is a really stable solution.

It is scalable. It can easily handle more than 10,000 endpoints.

We are a small enterprise.

I am providing support to our end customers. The support that we get from headquarters is pretty good. We get very good support from ESET.

For endpoint security, I'm only working with ESET.

It is pretty easy.

Its price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to not install it along with any other endpoints security solution. Some people love to have two or more solutions, but it is meaningless.

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a nine out of 10.

Mariusz Czarnecki
CEO at SoniqSoft JRMM sp. z o.o. s.k.
Easy to setup, stable, and easy to use

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the ease of use."
  • "I am a MAC user and my asset cybersecurity is continuously displaying warnings that I am not using their firewall."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used in medium to large enterprises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ease of use.

I also like the confidence in this product.

What needs improvement?

I am a MAC user and my ESET cybersecurity is continuously displaying warnings that I am not using their firewall. I don't want to use their firewall because I am using the MAC firewall.

It's annoying to constantly see the triangle with an exclamation mark to warn me. I don't want to see this warning, I am aware of the warning and decided not to use it. It would be nice if there was a way to hide this notification or if there was a way to not show it at all.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Security for approximately three years.

It's a stable solution.

We have approximately 25 users in our organization.

We have not needed to use technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy.

The price is okay and I don't have any issues with it.

We have a three-year license.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to continue using this solution and I would recommend it to others.

Overall, I like this product and I am satisfied with what it does.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

DA
Analyst - Security Officer at a non-tech company with 201-500 employees
Offers features that cannot be found in SSTMs

• "I feel the solution to be beneficial in respect of features that I cannot find with SSTM's."
  • "The solution lacks the automation I need."

What is our primary use case?

We use ESET Endpoint Security for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

While it is difficult for me to comment fully on the solution, as I am still testing it on the server side and have yet to conduct endpoint testing, I do feel that it beneficial in respect of features that I cannot find with SSTM's.

What needs improvement?

I have not found the solution to be very helpful in providing endpoint security.

As analysts, we need to do things fast. We rely on automation and on scripts, but I find this lacking in the solution. The solution lacks the automation I need. For example, should I wish to create a dynamic group, it won't appear.

The solution is scalable, but I found the deployment part to be difficult. When it comes to deployment for the appointed client, the size of the package, 250 MB, is excessive for the limitations we face in Canada. For some regions this does not pose a problem, but in Canada it does.

While I don't have personal experience with tech support, my understanding from my colleagues is that they are pleased with it.

The initial setup of Azure is easier than that of the solution.

Azure has an easier setup than ESET Endpoint Security. I am biased towards the former.

Since we have four apps through our use of SSTM, STVM, I only make use of the Microsoft Products. This makes the integration of another Microsoft product much easier.

What other advice do I have?

I rate ESET Endpoint Security as an eight out of ten.

AtiqMohammed
Presales Consultant - Engineer at Red Secure IT Infrastructure LLC
Reseller
Good protection and device control features, very user friendly, and good integration

• "The protection and device control features are the most valuable. I found its user interface and integration pretty good. It is very user friendly as compared to other products."
  • "A few times, we have had problems with downloading an agent. We had to try multiple times and multiple uploads."

What is our primary use case?

We are a start-up company, and we sell solutions from ESET, Trend Micro, McAfee, and Panda. We are doing both on-premises and cloud deployments of ESET Endpoint Security.

What is most valuable?

The protection and device control features are the most valuable. I found its user interface and integration pretty good. It is very user friendly as compared to other products.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately eight months.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

We have a regional support team for ESET. We contact them for support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We have our own team for deployment and maintenance.

Its price is fair. If we compare it with any other retail product, it is a little harder to compete with.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. We have a lot of customers for this solution, and they are really happy with the product. However, a few customers are not confident of this solution when we initially suggest it to them. They are more confident about other solutions.

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

MA
Co-Founder at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Easy on system resources, priced well, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use ESET Endpoint Security for many things, it has a lot of functionality. For example, it can be used for device control, secure browser access, URL control, web access protection, and anti-spam.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides good accessibility and is not heavy on resources when there are updates or when it is in operation.

What needs improvement?

They should have better support for different languages and auto-upgrading.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

ESET Endpoint Security is stable.

I have found the solution scalable. If there are any bugs or…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

They should have better support for different languages and auto-upgrading.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

ESET Endpoint Security is stable.

I have found the solution scalable. If there are any bugs or glitches they are normally fixed fast in a patch release.

We have approximately 5,000 users using this solution.

The technical support is very knowledgeable, and the response time is also what is expected.

The installation is easy and it takes only a short time. If you have access to the Active Directory then it is simple.

The price of the solution is reasonable compared to competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a ten out of ten.

Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.