ESET Endpoint Security Overview

ESET Endpoint Security is the #15 ranked solution in our list of endpoint security software. It is most often compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: ESET Endpoint Security vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

What is ESET Endpoint Security?

Comprehensive multilayered security, combining machine learning and human expertise. Enables organizations to:

Protect against Ransomware
Block Targeted Attacks
Prevent Data Breaches
Detect Advanced Persistent Threats
Stop Fileless attacks

ESET Endpoint Security is also known as Smart Security.

ESET Endpoint Security Buyer's Guide

Download the ESET Endpoint Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

ESET Endpoint Security Customers

ERSTE Group Bank, Miller Solutions, Wesleyan University, The Hospital Center of Luxembourg, Deer Valley USD, SPAR, Industrial Federal Credit Union, Honda, City Hall of Palmela, Hays CISD, Lester B Pearson School Board

ESET Endpoint Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ESET Endpoint Security pricing:
  • "I pay about $100 a year, so it's really cheap. I'm sure that if I need something else beyond more technical support, I'll need to pay more."
  • "This solution is a good value for the money."
  • "It is subjective. I don't think it is expensive. If you can have 10 user licenses for less than $100, I don't think it is expensive."

Gustavo-Lira
Senior Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good at detecting potentially dangerous websites, but the alerts can be confusing at times

What is our primary use case?

I work as an external consultant for a consulting and teaching company with around 50 employees. We teach courses and do examinations for customers that want to become certified once they complete the courses. In fact, I'm more than an external consultant yet I'm paid differently to a standard employee, and I'm using my whole technology infrastructure here. I use ESET Endpoint Security on-premises at home because everyone is working from home now and no one has worked in the office for more than a year. For general security, I use the built-in Microsoft firewall and the services offered by… more »

• "The most valuable thing for me is that when I'm using the internet and I reach some site that isn't so secure, or isn't recommended because they don't have a good reputation, ESET will notify me."
  • "Sometimes, ESET sends alerts within my own network that cause confusion. That is, it might warn about contamination, or that the VM has crashed, but it doesn't go further than that. It just shows me the alert and sometimes I am not sure what to do about it."

What other advice do I have?

I have recommended ESET Endpoint Security to friends and colleagues already. As a technical person, I would recommend it based on its performance and the way in which it does not block you or get in the way when doing work. Although it could do more with preventing phishing, it catches most other problems. The solution is very good for what it is sold as, which is not necessarily a complete solution for security. And I would say that I got what I paid for. I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.
GN
Network / Systems Administrator at a logistics company with 201-500 employees
Good management and threat protection but needs features for users working outside the network

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the endpoint and server solutions.

• "The ability to push policies and also to restrict an installation or to restrict any form of threat within the policy has been quite useful."
  • "In terms of what is lacking in ESET, it really would need more features for the users when they are working outside of the corporate network."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. I don't know if it works, the Cloud solution. If it were just to migrate to ESET Cloud, I don't know if it would manage the internet traffic from the multiple clients on the server-side. I don't know if it's five years on a service agent that we need to install locally to control it and combine it. Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. There are a few functionalities that I wish we had, however, it's not a bad product.
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MM
IT Manager at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good spam protection and integration, but the deployment process needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for security and email spam protection.

• "The most valuable feature is the antispam module, which comes in the bundle."
  • "If I were in an environment that required a large-scale deployment then I would choose another solution over ESET."

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution on a larger scale. To improve, they need to cut down the number of steps required for deployment. They also have to increase the availability of technical support. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
BH
Manager at EZ Computers Ltd.
Easy to use, proactive protection, has a good management center, and free training is available

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and this is one of the products that we use ourselves, as well as recommend it to other companies. The primary use case is as an anti-virus.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the management."
  • "Everything has some kind of room for improvement."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good, all-in product. Even the home, end-user products by this vendor are very good. If you're serious about endpoint security then this is the only product you will need because it's a one-stop solution. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
PC
IT Administrator at a outsourcing company with 1-10 employees
Capable of quickly detecting malware and remotely shutting down a computer

What is our primary use case?

I use it to protect my servers.

• "The potential threat protection feature is the most valuable. In the event that one of my computers is not on the network and gets a virus, ESET Endpoint Security quickly detects the malware, and in most cases, it removes the virus. It also has the ability to remotely shut down the computer. I like the remote control part the most."
  • "The use of SQL Server can be improved. At times, there is a bit of challenge while linking it with the Javascript. ESET Endpoint Security requires modern technology or modern equipment on site. You will find it difficult to use ESET Endpoint Security with dual-core machines. If they can add the cloud management feature to their product, it will be much easier. If you look at this COVID situation that we are in right now, people are working from home, so you need to control the computers wherever you are. For example, if you are using any email setup and you are hosting it on your own, all the email traffic will be going through the same network. You need to protect all of your computers from the attack. It is best if you can do it remotely rather than having an IT person to come onsite to manage all computers and metrics etc, which isn't a smart way to do it."

What other advice do I have?

We definitely plan to continue using this solution. For my clients with small businesses, I really recommend this solution. I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.
JC
Assistant Researcher at CNRS
Stable with a quick installation process and good MDM features

What is our primary use case?

I install the solution in mobile devices to secure smartphones and to manage these devices as ESET has MDM, Mobile Device Management. I also use the product for data encryption.

• "The solution has very useful MDM features."
  • "There are some new antivirus technologies that rely on AI, artificial intelligence. ESET does not have this technology right now."

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using. I don't have the version number on-hand. As I installed it a few days ago, it's likely I have downloaded the latest version. I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. For the most part, we've had a very positive experience. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.
JM
Programme Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Affordable and easy to use but needs to offer better integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We're using it for the management of our staff, their laptops, and endpoint devices. We're not using it for any mobile devices, such as phones or tablets. Instead, we're using it for the endpoint protection and security of endpoint devices like laptops specifically.

• "The product is quite affordable."
  • "The integration capabilities might be lacking a bit."

What other advice do I have?

We are customers or end-users. We don't have a business relationship with ESET. Since the solution is cloud-based, we're always using the most up-to-date version. In general, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. We still need time to explore it as it's still quite new. I'd recommend the solution to other users or companies.
Irad Dukad
IT Manager at ducart
Easy to install with good technical support and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for its antivirus capabilities. It offers us good security.

• "It's a very user-friendly product."
  • "There are other features you can add on to help make the security stronger, however, they should offer better security even on a basic level."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number, however. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've had a positive experience dealing with the solution. I would recommend it to other users, organizations, or companies.
See 14 more ESET Endpoint Security Reviews
Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.