ESET Endpoint Security Overview

ESET Endpoint Security is the #15 ranked solution in our list of endpoint security software. It is most often compared to Microsoft Defender Antivirus: ESET Endpoint Security vs Microsoft Defender Antivirus

What is ESET Endpoint Security?

Comprehensive multilayered security, combining machine learning and human expertise. Enables organizations to:

Protect against Ransomware
Block Targeted Attacks
Prevent Data Breaches
Detect Advanced Persistent Threats
Stop Fileless attacks

ESET Endpoint Security is also known as Smart Security.

ESET Endpoint Security Buyer's Guide

Download the ESET Endpoint Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

ESET Endpoint Security Customers

ERSTE Group Bank, Miller Solutions, Wesleyan University, The Hospital Center of Luxembourg, Deer Valley USD, SPAR, Industrial Federal Credit Union, Honda, City Hall of Palmela, Hays CISD, Lester B Pearson School Board

ESET Endpoint Security Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Information Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
This solution gives us real time protection. In terms of the current global landscape, it is a great solution.

What is our primary use case?

It defends any type of malware and defends us from viruses. We also use this solution to block USB access.

• "This solution blocks the brand new malware threats."
  • "In terms of the current global landscape, it is a great solution."
  • "I would like them to use AI features to do preventative virus protection."

What other advice do I have?

This solution has become a security manager for our company. It provides a prevention of many different malware attacks. In terms of the current global landscape, it is a great solution.
Senior Systems engineer at SAT
Detects threats based on system behaviour and provides tampering protection for registry, processes, and files

What is our primary use case?

ESET Endpoint Security is an AV product which can help an organisation to protect from know/unknown malware. Also, it has a high detection rate compared with other products.

• "Advanced level endpoint firewall, which helps to block unwanted and malicious traffic."
  • "ESET should consider giving it application control."

What other advice do I have?

ESET Remote Administrator server (ERA) installation and ESET Endpoint Security Agent installation are not complex. Policy configuration is also not hard and can be done in a short time of period, then you will be able to stand up your server and run.
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
501,818 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Analista de TI Senior
Lightweight software, it does not compromise OS performance

What is our primary use case?

Protection of a corporate environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Lightweight software, it does not compromise the performance of the operating system.

What is most valuable?

Virus protection on the network and site-blocking, among other features.

What needs improvement?

I think the product support is very bad.

ML
IT SM & Security Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The AV engine doesn't burden PCs

What is our primary use case?

The client needed to use an antivirus and to change Windows Firewall, so he used ESET Endpoint Security.

How has it helped my organization?

If you use ESET Antivirus Security with ESET ERA Server as a middle computer in your network, you can manage all features and updates from one place.

What is most valuable?

The AV engine doesn't burden the PC.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve the FW part and, of course, ESET ERA Server.

More than five years.
Junior System Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
ERA Web Console enables us to create reports, monitor/administer clients and servers

What is our primary use case?

This ESET environment consists of the ERA Web Console for remote administration of client computers and servers, and Apache HTTP Proxy to distribute updates to client computers. AD environment consists of about 250 client computers and 30 servers, and everything works perfectly for now.

• "What is great about ESET is the ERA Web Console through which we can pull various reports, monitor and administer all clients and servers, and the console is easy to use."
  • "A feature we like is setting the GUI of ESET Endpoint Security/ESET File Security to silent mode because some servers and clients can have performance issues."
  • "They need to improve licensing for VMs. When ESET is uninstalled from a VM, the seat stays on the license management server. We have to manually delete the seat from that server because it doesn't know how to handle it. I contacted exclusive ESET support here in Croatia and they told me there is no solution for this yet."

What other advice do I have?

Gives you a reliable endpoint security product with high security standards and easy administration from everywhere.
JB
Partner with 51-200 employees
User
It is absolutely invisible once running

What is our primary use case?

Network security for an organization with around 20 networked computers with all users diving all over the internet for disparate interests. It is easy enough to pick up a bug, and we do not want one.

How has it helped my organization?

We have not picked up a bug yet, because we use ESET, which is a tried, proven system.

What is most valuable?

We use ESET, which is pretty much perfect for us. It is also absolutely simple and automatic once setup.  It is absolutely invisible once running. It effectively catches unwanted stuff. It has saved our bacon over many years.

What needs improvement?

You have to buy it.

Trial/evaluations only.

No issues. …
Analista de Suporte - Consultor de TI at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Lightweight antivirus with heuristic scan, web filter, bi-directional firewall, and device restriction that works

What other advice do I have?

It's a good antivirus for small and medium businesses. However, be careful with the policies; implementing best practices of ESET policies is necessary. Also make sure it is updated.
Product Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees

• "Easy to use security solution, helps to secure connected devices against viruses in the digital world."
  • "iOS compatibility for mobile security and parental control."

What other advice do I have?

We have cooperated with ESET for many years. We resell their products with orange branded versions that help us to create revenue of more than €3 million yearly.
Senior Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Management console enables managing all devices from a PC; good for a small business

What other advice do I have?

ESET is a good product. Cost-friendly and easy to manage for a small number of devices on the network. Phone support is great, and they always get back to you.
IS-Operations Security Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
The CLI Scanning is used for scanning our corporate storage (endpoint) for malware that our onboard scanner (MS Endpoint) misses.
Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
In 3 years of use, there have been no infections. License fees are an issue.
Network Manager at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
ESET Smart Security 5 is a powerful internet security suite

What other advice do I have?

ESET Smart Security protects your computer against real world threats and malware attacks and provides added security layer with spam filtering, firewall and parental control.
Manager of eCommerce at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
powerful, but not the best level of protection against viruses

What other advice do I have?

I used Norton Internet Security Suite two years ago. I remarked that the improvement and protection tool, specifically in version 2012, should have included a professional panel, like putting in a restore point of the total system. It is not very greedy with the RAM and processor, which allows you to save battery.
Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.