ESET File Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ESET File Security is #10 ranked solution in top Anti-Malware Tools. IT Central Station users give ESET File Security an average rating of 10 out of 10. ESET File Security is most commonly compared to ESET Endpoint Antivirus:ESET File Security vs ESET Endpoint Antivirus. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 39% of all views.
What is ESET File Security?

ESET File Security solutions are built on 64-bit core and include DLL modules to ensure more RAM saving, faster computer startup times and allow native support of future Windows updates.

Download the Anti-Malware Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

ESET File Security Video

ESET File Security Reviews

RW
Assistant Manager at HUDSON
Good reporting tools, lots of configuration options, and easy to scale

• "The solution offers a lot of configuration capabilities."
  • "The solution can be quite technical and therefore is challenging for new users."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security purposes.

What is most valuable?

The reporting tools are the solution's most valuable aspect. We're able to see what is going on within the network to see if there is any illicit activity happening.

Overall, the solution works pretty well as far as I know. Internal security is like modern warfare. You rely on it to tell you you are alright and your system is clean. In that sense, it's been effective, and I have no complaints in terms of its capabilities.

The solution offers a lot of configuration capabilities.

The solution offers good documentation and step by step guides.

The logging is very good.

What needs improvement?

The way that the remote deployment works needs to be improved. I'm not sure if Trend Micro is still around, however, we found that solution much easier to deploy. They need to update their deployment methodology.

The solution can be quite technical and therefore is challenging for new users.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The stability of the solution is great. It doesn't crash. It doesn't freeze. It doesn't seem to have bugs or glitches. We've found it to be quite reliable in the five years we've worked with it.

It's fairly easy to scale the solution if you need to. I believe it's just a matter of getting more licenses. That's all. I don't see that as a limitation.

We've dealt with technical support previously. It's been a pleasant experience whenever I've dealt with them. I haven't had to deal with them too much, however, they are always helpful. They're knowledgeable and responsive.

We used to use Trend Micro. We've used other products as well.

The other products that we did use, why we chose them would boil down to the fact that a lot of them offered this educational discount. It was quite a big selling point. The other products that I was aware of the company using previously were on par with this solution. However, this solution ended up being more expensive, purely because they don't offer educational discounts. With a school obviously having multiple devices you are kind of seen as being an enterprise by many companies.

The initial setup was not complex. The implementation was pretty straightforward. However, the deployment could be easier.

That said, a basic setup only takes an hour or two to implement completely.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

We tend to use the solution's most recent version. We try to keep it updates. We remotely deploy the solution.

If a company has technical individuals and they understand networking and antivirus criminologies, the solution would be good for them. For a novice user it might be quite complicated. In my opinion, it doesn't really have straight forward Wizards or base templates. It's got a lot of room for configuration, which is in some ways is fantastic - if you are technical. If you're not technical, it's probably a bit complicated.

That said, there is documentation, and there are step by step guides, so a new user isn't completely blind going it. It's just more challenging.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. Aside from the fact that it could be easier to use, I have nothing bad to say about it.

EH
Technical Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to manage, straightforward to implement, and offers good pricing

• "The solution doesn't have high memory usage."
  • "In terms of management accounts, there's a lot of manuals that seem to be mixed up. Sometimes, it's a little bit confusing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for the server.

How has it helped my organization?

This is an antivirus and network protection software. It mostly can protect our VMs and keeps our organizations safer.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to deploy.

You can manage the solution easily. I can get a lot of people on the central management console.

The pricing is okay.

It's very straightforward to use the product.

The solution doesn't have high memory usage.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of any features that are missing. It's quite a complete solution.

We haven't looked too hard at the solution itself. I'm not sure of any aspects that are lacking. It provides all the functionality we need.

In terms of management accounts, there's a lot of manuals that seem to be mixed up. Sometimes, it's a little bit confusing.

At this point, I have been using the solution for a number of years.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't really dealt with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's quite reliable.

The solution can scale quite well. If a company needs to expand the solution, it can do so easily.

Currently, we have 100 servers that are benefiting from this product.

We're partners and therefore have a good relationship with technical support. They are responsive and knowledgeable. We're satisfied with the level of service the solution provides. I'd rate them ten out of ten.

We previously used Symantec. We switched due to the fact that it was too expensive. This product has similar features to Symantec, however, it costs much less.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. I would not describe it as complex.

What other advice do I have?

We're both a customer and a partner.

I am not sure of which version of the solution our organization is using at this time.

We use just the antivirus software. We don't need to pay a lot of attention to it.

Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten. It does everything we need it to do and it's easy to use.

Product Categories
Anti-Malware Tools
Download our free Anti-Malware Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about ESET, Microsoft, 360 Total Security, and more!