EVOLVEUM midPoint OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

EVOLVEUM midPoint is #13 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools. IT Central Station users give EVOLVEUM midPoint an average rating of 8 out of 10. EVOLVEUM midPoint is most commonly compared to SAP Identity Management:EVOLVEUM midPoint vs SAP Identity Management. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is EVOLVEUM midPoint?

In a highly competitive environment the quality, precision and innovation are the key factors for organizations to stay ahead instead of falling behind. Choosing strong, reliable solution providers today will influence your tomorrow. At Evolveum we understand such needs and as an answer we created midPoint, a unique open source solution seamlessly combining identity management and identity governance.

Download the Identity Management (IM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

EVOLVEUM midPoint Customers

European Commisson, University of Illinois, First United Bank & Trust, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Avast

EVOLVEUM midPoint Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about EVOLVEUM midPoint pricing:
  • "We're EVOLVEUM partners, and I tried it without a license."

EVOLVEUM midPoint Reviews

Ondrej Balun
IAM Expert Group Lead at Ventum
A stable and scalable Open Source Identity Management system with many nice features

• "I like that it's open-source, and it's working. It has nice features, and it looks like it's easy to maintain."
  • "I think that the product is missing some of the identity governance functions—for example, the legal stuff and GDPR, and so on. But I think they are currently working on it."

What is our primary use case?

We use EVOLVEUM midPoint for Identity Management. Automating HR Processes - Joiner/Mover/Leaver, connecting source and target systems to synchronize user accounts.

How has it helped my organization?

Because the product is automating processes, if somebody joins the company, based on his/her role within company he/she get proper rights and accesses to the target systems. The privileges can be reviewed and evaluated continually. At every point of time, you know, who has access to what resources. In the end of the day, it eliminates human errors, which protects company assets and good will.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's open-source, and it's working. It has nice features, and it is very easy to deploy and maintain.

What needs improvement?

I think that the product is missing some of the identity governance functions related the data provenance. But I think they are currently working on it.

Sometimes the GUI crashes or freezes or doesn't work properly, however, I don't see that as a huge problem.

I would appreciate SAP CUA connector out of the box and more documentation/possibilities on hooks/plugin points.

I have been dealing with EVOLVEUM midPoint for one and a half years.

In my experience, it was very stable. Sometimes it can be a little slow, but the system didn't crash. Depends on the underlying infrastructure.

It's a scalable solution. I tried a scenario with 2,000 identities. It wasn't that big, but I was satisfied.

It is doing what you expect it should do, that is nice about it.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

I implemented this solution by myself.

We're EVOLVEUM partners, and I tried it without a license.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users to at least try it and see. Many of the deployments can be set up within few seconds. It's definitely good to try it and maybe also integrate it within company.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give EVOLVEUM midPoint an eight.