ExtremeRouting OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is ExtremeRouting?
Avaya Enterprise Routers Ethernet Routing Switch 4000 Series is a Stackable Chassis system providing high-performance, convergence-ready and resilient Ethernet switching connectivity. Available as a range of models supporting 10/100/1000 switching and routing, Power-overEthernet, Powerover-Ethernet+ and 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink options, the Ethernet Routing Switch 4000 Series is ideally suited for mainstream Wiring Closet and other network Edge deployments.

ExtremeRouting was previously known as Avaya Enterprise Routers.

Download the Routers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

ExtremeRouting Customers
Breakthrough Urban Ministries, Black Oak Casino, Glamorgan County Cricket Club, University of San Carlos, Holland Hall School, South Euclid Lyndhurst Schools, Prairie View Networking Academy, City of Troy, Ryerson University, Linamar, City of Redondo Beach, York Region District School Board
ExtremeRouting Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ExtremeRouting pricing:
  • "We have no issues with the price."

ExtremeRouting Reviews

EV
Conseiller en architecture technologique at a government with 1-10 employees
Good routing and excellent third-party customer service, but extremely unstable

• "The routing protocol is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "The solution is far too unstable. It's completely unreliable."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution primarily for routing purposes.

What is most valuable?

The routing protocol is the solution's most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

Overall, we've had a lot of issues with the solution. It should operate more like Cisco's Nexus 9300. It needs a lot of work.

Due to the issues we've been having, we plan on replacing the device completely.

The solution is far too unstable. It's completely unreliable.

I've only been using the solution for one year.

There are a lot of stability issues. We have to replace the mini components. When we experienced those problems, the issue with components, we received new components. Even when we received the new components, they were also, I wouldn't say broken, however, they were not working properly.

We had to send back the devices and components, and, in fact, a motherboard. It seems like when companies send the components back, the company ends up just reselling them to other companies. Yet those components were not working properly, so this seems ill-advised.

After all the issues, we decided to replace the core switches because we don't have any trust in them at all.

Technical support was actually supplied by a third party. We don't go directly to the company.

It's kind of network and I believe it's a Canadian company that supplies the services. They are a technical support company based in Montreal.

I would say that we got really great support from them. We've been quite satisfied with their services.

I believe we pay extra to utilize the services. It's not included in the cost.

We've had a lot of issues with the equipment in general. It's hard to say it's straightforward when so many things are going wrong.

I'm unsure of what the licensing costs are. Users will have to pay extra for technical support, however.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a special contract with the solution and we aren't a consultant or reseller.

My understanding is the company plans to replace this solution within the next six months as they've been unhappy with the performance of the solution.

I would advise other organizations not to purchase this solution. I really prefer Cisco products, which work much more effectively.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. It's not a terrible solution, however, our experience was very bad.

TM
Engineering infrastructure manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy to scale, stable, and comparable pricing but it needs to evolve and be more modern

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution in the bank. We will migrate the solution that we currently have on-premises to a SaaS solution.

What needs improvement?

We are concerned with how the solution will evolve to the next generation of Contact Center. It's not evolving as quickly as we would like it to. We want to move to the next generation by the next quarter, but they are not ready yet.

I have been using ExtremeRouting for 20 years.

We have no issues with the stability of ExtremeRouting. It is very stable.

ExtremeRouting scales easily.

Technical support is…

What needs improvement?

I have been using ExtremeRouting for 20 years.

We have no issues with the stability of ExtremeRouting. It is very stable.

ExtremeRouting scales easily.

Technical support is very good, especially when you compare it to other vendors we have here.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is very easy to set up.

The pricing is comparable with other solutions. We have no issues with the price.

What other advice do I have?

We are currently moving our workload from on-premises to Cloud.

Because they are moving to the next generation, I would rate ExtremeRouting a seven out of ten.