FireEye Email Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

FireEye Email Security is #10 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. IT Central Station users give FireEye Email Security an average rating of 8 out of 10. FireEye Email Security is most commonly compared to Cisco Secure Email:FireEye Email Security vs Cisco Secure Email. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
What is FireEye Email Security?

FireEye Email Security delivers dynamic defense to detect attacks from the very first time they're seen and blocks the most dangerous cyber threats including malware-laden attachments and URLs, credential phishing sites and business email compromise attacks. Email-borne cyber attacks are targeted, automated and hidden amongst millions of messages, easily morphing before signatures can be created.

Download the Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

FireEye Email Security Customers

Northshore Utility District, Luz Technologies, Air Academy Federal Credit Union, Bank Gutmann, Bank of Thailand, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, State of Missouri, City and County of San Francisco, Denver Public Schools, Vodafone, Go Auto, Stater Bros. Market

FireEye Email Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about FireEye Email Security pricing:
  • "The licensing is on a yearly basis."
  • "The solution requires a license to be purchased for every user."

FireEye Email Security Reviews

SS
Information Security Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to set up with good stability and great anti-spam features

• "The product helps reduce the number of malicious emails reaching the user's inbox."
  • "The solution needs better support."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for email security. We target spam emails. We want to block spam email and all other malicious items, such as spoof emails like business email, and SPF and DMARC checks - those kinds of filtering. We can also do email attachment filtering, and check malicious URLs within the email body. Those we usually are able to stop.

What is most valuable?

The anti-spam features are the most useful features. With this product, they won't fill the user's inbox, even if it is not malicious. Users won't be getting that many unwanted emails.

The product helps reduce the number of malicious emails reaching the user's inbox.

The solution scales well.

The product is quite stable.

The solution is pretty much an out-of-the-box product.

The initial setup is easy.

What needs improvement?

The customization could be stronger. It's not that easy to adjust items.

The solution needs better support.

Adding new items or features to their product should be faster. They plan to add items, however, it will take sometimes years or months to implement them into their product. For example, SAML integration. I've been hearing about it for more than three years and I haven't seen it yet done.

The licensing is pricey.

I've been using the solution for more than eight years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and the performance is good.

The scalability of the product is excellent. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

We have about 1,000 or more users on the product currently.

We're not really that satisfied with technical support. They are too slow to respond. We'd like them to be better. It takes too much time to get the help you need when you need it.

This issue may be that they don't have support services that are global. When you look at Cisco, for example, they are very fast as they provide service from all around the globe. It depends on the time. If you are raising a ticket at night, then wherever it is in the daytime, they will start working on it. You don't get that from FireEye, which likely makes them slower in their response time.

I've used, for example, Cisco Endpoint, and I find them better in the sense that they are more customizable. In comparison, FireEye is not flexible. That said, Cisco does not stop all of the phishing items.

The initial setup is very simple with FireEye. That's another advantage. It's like installing a TV. You just connect it, switch it on, and it's done. However, if you get into customization, that's not easy. It's complicated and sometimes we cannot achieve what we are trying to do.

Sometimes the initial setup can take two or three weeks, however, if it's not too complex, we can do it in a day.

You only really need one person for deployment and maintenance.

We deployed the solution with the assistance of a consultant.

The cost of a license is very high. It's an expensive solution.

We pay for the solution on a yearly basis.

We did not really evaluate any other options before choosing this product. We usually go through the Gartner report, and whatever there is in the top list we will pick that.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user.

We've been on the cloud only for three years and the rest of the time, it's been on-premise.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at an eight on a scale from one to ten. We've largely been very happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the product due to the fact that it can stop most of the phishing and malicious items from getting through our email. It keeps us very safe.

DS
System Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Offers accessibility to control the solution anywhere from the cloud

• "We can control this solution from the cloud and are able to access it from wherever we are."
  • "The custom tailoring is limited."

What is our primary use case?

We get inbound emails via MS 365. It directs those emails to our ETP product, the cloud product. Then messages that it's been analyzed as clean and will be sent back to MS 365 for us to receive. Right now we are using the solution for EPT analysis purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

Our business is based on our customer client sites. We can control this solution from the cloud and are able to access it from wherever we are.

What is most valuable?

The accessibility is one of the features that I love. We can control it from the cloud and we can access it from anywhere. We don’t spend a lot of time in the office as our business is based on our customer client sites. If we find something quarantined, mis-quarantined, or something to investigate regarding the emails, we could perform any type of action from wherever we are.

What needs improvement?

I do some configurations on the backend. The cloud product is not open to the customers. If the system itself could be more open to the customer, I'd be able to configure it more specifically. The custom tailoring is limited.

Not only for the FireEye product, but whether it's Forcepoint, or Cisco, etc., language support for the Korean language is needed, for console pages or everything to be translated. Everything is in English and Korean customers face a hardship with it.

I've been using FireEye for two full years. We use FireEye Network Security, Endpoint Security, and Email Security. With FireEye Email Security, for testing purposes, we use EX, the hardware appliance. For our company email, we are subscribed to the ETP, the EX cloud product.

I do. We didn't face much impact on our business. I'm satisfied with our deployment of FireEye right now.

I have direct contact with the support at FireEye.com. It's been helpful and responsive with my cases.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The licensing is on a yearly basis; it's on subscription right now.

Compared to our domestic products in Korea, it's quite costly. International wise, it is worth the amount.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale one to ten, I give the solution a nine. The minus one is because it lacks custom tailoring.

Find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Cisco, Microsoft and others in Email Security. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ED
Owner at Jolly Security Inc
Malware security exceptional, great complementary solution, and support knowledgeable

• "FireEye is good for malware depicting and security."
  • "If they want to be the primary or best solution, they need to have better email management features."

What is our primary use case?

I used the solution as a secondary security assessment gateway.

How has it helped my organization?

Is an excellent secondary checkpoint for malware and other threats.

What is most valuable?

It is one of the greatest solutions to have or to complement any other security solution such as Proofpoint or IronPort. FireEye is good for malware depicting and security.

What needs improvement?

If they want to be as primary or best solution, they need to have better email management features. SMTP handling is sometimes poor because you do not have a lot of options for routing. For example, if you are using IronPort and FireEye, and you want to do some complex routing and features, IronPort will beat FireEye with no effort.

The email gateway environment does its work as long as it is not too complex or sophisticated you will notice some decrease in performance.

I have been using the solution for ten years.

In general, technical support is good, they are usually knowledgeable. There are certain areas that you might want to have the premium support which cost extra. However, the basic operation of the product, you have all that need with regular support. They can be reached by email, phone, and some other methods.

I have previously used IronPort and Proofpoint. There was always a certain point while operating where you had to wait a while, you have a much stricter set of rules for filtering email, and there were more false positives. FireEye has good potential to detect security breaches.

No, I have always used Fireeye email as a secondary solution combined with one of the lead ESA.

What other advice do I have?

If you really need something powerful to handle multiple routes and delivery points then this solution might not be for you. You should consider this solution as not the main email gateway but an addition to your protection. It is not a product for handling email in big volumes or as your principal, the main solution is. It is a very good security solution component that is advisable to be a compliment for something that is stronger on the email handling side.

I rate FireEye Email Security an eight out of ten.

MK
Deputy Technical Manager (SOC Operations) at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The auto-remediation feature is valuable, but spam detection could be better

• "The auto-remediation feature is valuable."
  • "The spam detection feature could be better."

What is our primary use case?

I use FireEye Email Security to block spam and advanced threats.

How has it helped my organization?

FireEye ETP has blocked several campaigns that lead to the post compromise deployment of ransomware, Obfuscated Outlook Phishing impersonation, Attachment based Phishing

What is most valuable?

The auto-remediation feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

The spam detection feature could be better. As users, we don't have any control. It detects and blocks spam based on spam engine conditions. But many emails that shouldn't be blocked are getting blocked this way, and we have to raise a ticket for the False Negative cases and it takes time to get resolved.

Every time we raise ticket, support requests received original email sample all the time to resolve the cases which is not possible to provide all the time.

I have been using FireEye Email Security for nearly three years.

FireEye Email Security is a stable solution.

We are using FireEye Email Security as a SaaS solution, so we haven't had any issues with scalability.

Technical support is okay. Some issues are resolved quickly. Other issues take more time.

It's easy to set up FireEye Email Security and usually takes us about three to four hours to test and deploy.

We first evaluated Symantec Email Security and then tried FireEye Email Security. During the evaluation of Symantec, we had some issues with the implementation. Spam detection also had some difficulty. FireEye had sufficient support during the implementation, so we went with them.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give FireEye Email Security a seven.

Private Cloud
SB
Sr Manager - Information Security & Researcher at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use, well-integrated, and responsive technical support

• "What I find most valuable with the solution is that it can integrate with cloud solutions, such as Google and Microsoft. Additionally, the solution is easy to use."
  • "I would like the solution to be able to automatically quarantine the malicious emails before getting to the user's mailbox and continue with regular email operations. This could result in the user clicking the email before the purge operation is completed."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution is for detecting malicious URLs which has been delivered through email. We either block or remove the destructive emails.

What is most valuable?

What I find most valuable with the solution is that it can integrate with cloud solutions, such as Google and Microsoft. Additionally, the solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like the solution to be able to automatically quarantine the malicious emails before getting to the user's mailbox and continue with regular email operations. This could result in the user clicking the email before the purge operation is completed.

As an additional feature, I hope for more interactive emails.

I have been using FireEye Email Security for approximately four years.

I find the solution stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 4000 people using the solution in our organization.

The technical support is very responsive and fast. They send an email on the same day of the call.

The solution requires configuration, without deployment.

The solution requires a license to be purchased for every user.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend the solution.

I rate FireEye Email Security an eight out of ten.

Product Categories
Email Security
Download our free Email Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Cisco, Microsoft, and more!