FireEye Managed Defense OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

FireEye Managed Defense is #10 ranked solution in MDR Services. IT Central Station users give FireEye Managed Defense an average rating of 10 out of 10. FireEye Managed Defense is most commonly compared to CrowdStrike Falcon Complete:FireEye Managed Defense vs CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 21% of all views.
What is FireEye Managed Defense?

FireEye Managed Defense is a managed detection and response (MDR) service that combines industry-recognized cyber security expertise, FireEye technology and unparalleled knowledge of attackers to help minimize the impact of a breach.

Download the Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

FireEye Managed Defense Customers

Globe Telecom, Landbank of the Philippines, Luz Technologies, Northshore Utility District, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Teck Resources, Vodafone

FireEye Managed Defense Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about FireEye Managed Defense pricing:
  • "I believe there is a per-seat license"

FireEye Managed Defense Reviews

SB
Sr Manager - Information Security & Researcher at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The MDR team does a good job of giving us limited, periodic briefings

• "The installation was straightforward."
  • "The only feature needing improvement which comes to mind is the need for better pricing for the licensing."

What is our primary use case?

Investigations that we conduct can become intricate and our SOC is essentially a backend exit of the client's. We conduct simultaneous investigations, receive from them recommendations and exchange notes. Essentially, we come up with similar observations, with us sometimes going back to the client and he, in turn, producing his own observations. It allows us to correlate in a fluid manner.

What is most valuable?

The categorization is a valuable feature. Also, the MDR team does a good job of giving us limited, periodic briefings. We undergo briefing sessions to assist us as a compensatory mechanism, although we are afforded little view of the threat factors in respect to Managed Defense.

What needs improvement?

The only feature needing improvement which comes to mind is the need for better pricing for the licensing.

We have been using FireEye Managed Defense for three years.

We are satisfied with technical support. It is good.

The installation was good. We subscribed to the DNI, which means the entire installation was attendant to the procurement. We ran the DNI project for a couple of months, whereby we installed all the end points and network devices.

The installation was straightforward. As we use DevOps technologies primarily with OPIC, we automated all of these, meaning the installation did not take long. I believe that the FireEye network appliances took some time, but these are equally limited to around 90 minutes. Obviously there were snags, although this is part and parcel of the deployment, so there is no room for complaint.

We use only four people for the deployment and maintenance.

We did not use any third party consultants. There were no external conduits between FireEye and my company. There is actually a deployment team, with a go to deployment service. The deployment came with our subscription to this service.

The solution is expensive and should be less so. I believe there is a per-seat license. As the count goes up, the price can decline.

We pay on an annual basis.

Before going with this solution we evaluated three other companies, including Cisco Talos.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is cloud-based.

Deployment was handled in an efficient manner and those responsible allocated to us their time for this task. Moreover, they showed up, conducted a sort of boot camp and brought us out onto a single play.

I rate FireEye Managed Defense as a nine out of ten.

Download our free Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Trend Micro, Arctic Wolf Networks, and more!