FireEye Network Security Overview

FireEye Network Security is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Advanced Threat Protection tools. It is most often compared to Palo Alto Networks WildFire: FireEye Network Security vs Palo Alto Networks WildFire

What is FireEye Network Security?

FireEye Network Security is an advanced threat protection and breach detection platform that provides industry leading threat visibility and protection against the world’s most sophisticated and damaging attacks. By leveraging FireEye’s unique technologies and threat intelligence, FireEye Network Security detects what other security solutions miss, providing holistic security from the perimeter to the network core.

FireEye Network Security is also known as FireEye.

Download the Advanced Threat Protection Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

FireEye Network Security Customers

FFRDC, Finansbank, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Investis, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Bank of Thailand, City of Miramar, Citizens National Bank, D-Wave Systems

FireEye Network Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about FireEye Network Security pricing:
  • "When I compare this solution to its competitors in the market, I find that it is a little expensive."
  • "FireEye is comparable to other products, such as HX, but seems expensive. It may cause us to look at other products in the market."
  • "The user fee is not as high but the maintenance fee is expensive."
  • "It's an expensive solution."

Lead Program Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, protective, easy to set up, and has a lot of features to scan vulnerabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are using it from the perspective of data protection. We have two types of data that is coming. One is the actual data or the customer data that comes into our premises, and the second is the internet traffic that comes into our organization. FireEye devices scan all the traffic that comes through the tools on which we have configured FireEye, and they also analyze a lot of traffic.

• "It is stable and quite protective. It has a lot of features to scan a lot of malicious things and vulnerabilities."
  • "I heard that FireEye recently was hacked, and a lot of things were revealed. We would like FireEye to be more secure as an organization. FireEye has to be more protective because it is one of the most critical devices that we are using in our environment. They have a concept called SSL decryption, but that is only the packet address. We would like FireEye to also do a lot of decryption inside the packet. Currently, FireEye only does encryption and decryption of the header, but we would like them to do encryption and decryption of the entire packet."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using this solution. We have just migrated to the latest FireEye devices. I would rate FireEye Network Security an eight out of ten.
SH
IT Senior Consultant at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Enhanced our security by protecting us against zero-day malware

• "If we are receiving spam emails, or other types of malicious email coming from a particular email ID, then we are able to block them using this solution."
  • "It would be a good idea if we could get an option to block based upon the content of an email, or the content of a file attachment."

What other advice do I have?

This solution generally performs well. I have seen some emails it allowed, which should have been categorized as malicious, but apart from those, I haven't seen any other problems. I would definitely recommend this product because I have seen many cases where other solutions were not able to catch malware, but FireEye raised a red flag. I have seen it work effectively in a production environment, and even catch zero-day malware when there is no signature present. I would rate this solution seven and a half out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Broadcom and others in Advanced Threat Protection. Updated: April 2021.
479,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Head of IT Division at PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk.
Saves time, money, and trouble through its ease of use but there needs to be better support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use of the solution is monitoring network security and intrusion detection.

• "The product has helped improve our organization by being easy to use and integrate. This saves time, trouble and money."
  • "As far as future inclusions, it would be useful to display more threat intelligence, such as the actual area of the threat and the origin of the web crawling (Tor and Dark Web)."

What other advice do I have?

Having a product deployed that fills our needs keeps us from having to consider major changes in looking to other products on the market to resolve other issues. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
OT/ICS Information Security Specialist at SANS
Good support, easy to implement, and proactively tests incoming files for malicious behavior

What is our primary use case?

We use FireEye to protect our web and email traffic.

• "The most valuable feature is MVX, which tests all of the files that have been received in an email."
  • "It would be very helpful if there were better integration with other solutions from other vendors, such as Fortinet and Palo Alto."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to fine-tune based on the use cases. Test the solution, monitor the alerts, and be proactive about anything that shows up. If there is any abnormal activity then be sure to take action quickly, and also, ensure that there is policy in place for other departments to act accordingly when malicious traffic is detected. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
PP
chef gpt info trans télécom at SDIS
Stable threat protection that is easy to set up, and the appliances are good

• "The server appliance is good."
  • "Technical packaging could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

For the next project, we will be doing comparisons for massive attacks. We have been customers for five years and we have a very good relationship with them. It's not the first line of defense. It's for us to subline of defense itself. It depends on the analysis of the threat. An alternative tool could be Endpoint security. I think we will put in service for Endpoint Security, soon. But network security is aligned more in your defense unison. I would rate FireEye Network Security an eight out of ten.
Professional Services Division Manager at 2Bsecure
Reseller
Agile, easy to scale, and the network security module is good

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for sandboxing on all channels.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the network security module. It is better than other solutions and it can make and find electrical movement. Also, the attack vector is a feature that no one else offers. Overall, it's a great solution.

What needs improvement?

It is very expensive, the price could be better.

I have been using FireEye Network Security for a couple of years. We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution. It's very agile.

The scalability is great.  You don't have to purchase another…
Product Categories
Advanced Threat Protection
Download our free Advanced Threat Protection Report and find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Broadcom, and more!