FireMon Overview

FireMon is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Firewall Security Management tools. It is most often compared to Tufin: FireMon vs Tufin

What is FireMon?

FireMon, the only agile network security policy management (NSPM) platform, brings visibility, control, and automation to enterprise cloud and hybrid network infrastructures.

• To drive agility across hybrid networks, the headless orchestration API allows customers to integrate with any existing system or process including IT Service Management platforms like ServiceNow, Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) tools like Splunk Phantom and Palo Alto Cortex SOAR, and DevOps platforms like Red Hat Ansible and HashiCorp Terraform.
  • To drive security efficiency and eliminate misconfigurations caused by complexity and manual processes, the platform addresses inefficient rule creation and change processes, delivers risk assessment of change through pre-change simulation and provides policy change recommendation.
  • To meet scale and heterogeneity requirements, FireMon normalizes policy across thousands of firewalls, devices, and cloud security groups through a single interface.

FireMon customers routinely experience up to 90% improvements in network security policy efficiency while eliminating common misconfigurations which lead to breaches and compliance violations.

Download the Firewall Security Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

FireMon Customers

Convey, MGM Resorts International, Southwest Airlines, Alkami, Costco, Aetna, IBM, Salesforce, Verizon, Wells Fargo

FireMon Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about FireMon pricing:
  • "Pricing is reasonable."
  • "FireMon is cheaper than AlgoSec."

JP
Lead Network Specialist at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees
Enables us to consolidate and have fewer, more meaningful rules

What is our primary use case?

We have a single server and we're a small group. We use FireMon to track all of our firewall rule changes. The security section lets you see where your unused rules are and it lets us go in there, optimize it, and make the firewall more secure.

• "FireMon saves us a lot of time and it's nice because if you're adding a rule that's similar to another rule, it'll tell you so sometimes you can just edit the one and add another source or destination in there without creating a duplicate rule. It enables you to consolidate and have fewer, more meaningful rules. We're saving around 30% of our time."
  • "It comes as a Linux appliance on a server and we're not a Linux shop, we're more of a Windows shop. It would be great if they could automate or integrate the backups into it and other things through their GUI interface, just to make the management of Linux a little more transparent."

What other advice do I have?

We haven't been using it for compliance at this point. The auditors use a different application for compliance. So we've been running that to check with security compliance. I would rate FireMon a ten out of ten.
PG
Asst. Manager Finance at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable with good support and very easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We act as a business partner for our clients. We're implementors. Each client has a different use case.

• "The technical support is very good. They've always been helpful."
  • "The cost of the solution is pretty expensive. It would be ideal if they could work on their pricing."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution currently. I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. I've been very happy with the product overall. I'd recommend the solution as it's so easy to use. Clients are very happy with it.
Find out what your peers are saying about FireMon, Tufin, AlgoSec and others in Firewall Security Management. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MK
IT Security Assistant Manager at Octopus Cards Limited
Compliant, stable, scalable, with good support

• "The most valuable feature is the Firewall reviews for our company compliance."
  • "The advanced features are complex in setting up the rules."

What other advice do I have?

It's a good solution that is stable, I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate FireMon an eight out of ten.
Joao Manso
CEO at REDSHIFT CONSULTING
Reseller
Improved our network security

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers. All of our clients are enterprise companies.

• "The firewall assessment feature is great."
  • "FireMon could be easier to use and flexibility regarding reporting could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to make sure you choose the right reseller because it's not a product you should use by itself. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give FireMon a rating of eight.
JK
Network Solution Architect at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
An agile network security policy platform that provides 360-degree views, but comes with limited functionality

What is most valuable?

FireMon is nice and provides 360-degree user views. You can also find the information you're looking for pretty easily.

What needs improvement?

I don't like that it comes with bugs, constant issues, and limited functionality. I would like to have enhanced change management reporting support for UTM features in the next release.

I have been using FireMon for six months.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give FireMon a five.
Download our free Firewall Security Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about FireMon, Tufin, AlgoSec, and more!