Forcepoint CASB OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Forcepoint CASB is the #11 ranked solution in our list of CASB solutions. It is most often compared to Akamai Enterprise Application Access: Forcepoint CASB vs Akamai Enterprise Application Access

What is Forcepoint CASB?

The Skyfence Cloud Gateway is a Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) that provides visibility and control over sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud apps to enable their safe and productive use. Organizations can use this cloud security service to discover SaaS applications in use and assess related risks. They can also enforce controls to prevent account-centric threats, meet compliance requirements, and protect user accounts and data in the cloud. With Imperva Skyfence, users get the apps they want and IT gets the visibility and control they need

Forcepoint CASB is also known as Imperva Skyfence.

Download the Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Forcepoint CASB Customers

Zions Bank, GE Healthcare, HomeAway, Logitech, Universal, California National Resources Agency and many mor

Forcepoint CASB Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Forcepoint CASB pricing:
  • "The pricing really depends on the size of the customer's business because it is price-relevant to the environment."

Forcepoint CASB Reviews

DB
Professional Services Coordinator at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Needs better backend code, requires stronger technical support, and the initial setup should be easier

• "The most valuable aspect for us is the fact that the product seamlessly integrates with the Forcepoint DLP."
  • "The solution needs to be easier to install, and they need to clean up the backend, so stuff doesn't break."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect data going out of cloud applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect for us is the fact that the product seamlessly integrates with the Forcepoint DLP.

The web and DLP are very stable.

What needs improvement?

There's lots of room for improvement with the product as a lot of the backend code hasn't been kept up with very well. They break it, and they don't fix it right. It's starting to shape up a little bit, as they went with new gateways that we're using. However, if I was to sell a CASB product brand new to somebody, I would sell them Netskope. I wouldn't sell them Forcepoint. That's just dealing with the backend; it still needs some time to mature.

Forcepoint got acquired this year by another company, so they're going through a lot. They've lost a bunch of people, and therefore, they're kind of going through some growing pains again.

The solution needs to be easier to install, and they need to clean up the backend, so stuff doesn't break. That's been the biggest problem.

I've dealt with the solution since it came out originally, which was about three or so years ago. We've used it since the very beginning.

In terms of stability, the Web and DLP are very stable. The email product is actually, stable, however, it's going to be sunsetted. They're trying to move everything to their cloud solution, which is Web and DNP and email in the cloud. That seems to be going better than it was about six months ago. They had some issues, however, it's starting to go in the right direction.

They've redone their cloud recently as well and since then, everything has been more stable.

It's very scalable. They use endpoints, so however many endpoints you have, they can handle. They redid their cloud about six months ago. It's been a lot more scalable as of late.

We are often in touch with technical support. The quality comes and goes, depending on how many people they keep at a time. Sometimes, the tech support will be pretty good for about a month, and then they'll lose some people. That means they have to go and retrain new employees which can make quality go down. It's not consistent.

I'm familiar with Netskope CASB, which was actually born as a CASB. From the ground up, it was created as a CASB product. It is much more mature, not only on the backend but in the GUI. It's easier to deal with and easier for an admin to create policies and lookup logs and such. Even the setup is easier. The administration is easier. The backend is more robust, as they have more POPs throughout the world, and they own their own POPs. They don't depend on AWS or Azure or Google.

The initial setup could be easier. It's not exactly straightforward. If you're one of the one installing it, you need to make sure you have enough support lines ready to go.

You don't need too many people for maintenance. If a company has CASB, and Web Security, and Email, they would typically want a person for each of them. That's not always the case. Usually, it's more like two people that would take care of three or four different solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner and reseller.

As we use the cloud deployment, we find that we are always on the latest version. They automatically keep it updated.

I'd rate the solution at a four out of ten.

AB
Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Geared towards medium and enterprise businesses, variable pricing structure, integration needs improvement

• "Generally, most of our customers are happy with it though."
  • "Integration is an area of the solution that needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We provide solutions to our consumers.

What is most valuable?

Each of our customers has different requirements it is difficult to say which is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Integration is an area of the solution that needs to be improved.

I have been dealing with this product for approximately one year.

Our customers are medium and enterprise size businesses mainly. Small business customers don't really look at this solution unless they have purchased a Microsoft E5 and they have started to use the solution for that.

The deployment of the product is harder than some of the other competitors.

The pricing really depends on the size of the customer's business because it is price-relevant to the environment. If you are a large business customer, it may be overpriced but different smaller enterprises have found it not too expensive. However, I think the cost could be a little cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

There are a variety of solutions and features that our customers require. They normally go either with integration or reporting, these are the two components that they will pick one solution or another over.

I do not have as many customers running this solution as I do other products. Generally, most of our customers are happy with it though.

I rate Forcepoint CASB a seven out of ten.

Download our free Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Forcepoint, Netskope, McAfee, and more!