Forcepoint Email Security Overview

Forcepoint Email Security is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Email Security tools. It is most often compared to Cisco Secure Email: Forcepoint Email Security vs Cisco Secure Email

What is Forcepoint Email Security?

Forcepoint Email Security gives you the security you need by protecting you against multi-stage advanced threats that often exploit email to penetrate your IT environment. It applies real-time behavioral sandboxing, enterprise-grade DLP and other advanced defense technologies to identify targeted attacks, high-risk users and insider threats. Forcepoint Email Security monitors outbound email to prevent leaks of sensitive information, and it empowers your workers — in the office or on the road — to safely adopt technologies like Microsoft Office 365.

Forcepoint Email Security is also known as Websense Email Security.

Forcepoint Email Security Buyer's Guide

Download the Forcepoint Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Forcepoint Email Security Customers

Alphawest, Amadori, AudioNova, Betsson, Confartigianato Vicenza, Davies Turner, iGATE, Lake Michigan Credit Union, Landa Digital Printing, Northern California Bank, Scavolini, Toyota

Forcepoint Email Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Forcepoint Email Security pricing:
  • "The licensing is user base (per user). The product is purchased mostly by medium to large companies. For smaller companies, we have other solutions because the pricing is not cheap."
  • "There are three types of support licenses."
  • "When compared to other email security solutions, the price is not cheap."
  • "Licensing is a yearly subscription that is based on the number of users."

Forcepoint Email Security Reviews

Ziad Ramoly
IT Support Technician at Secure Services
May 6, 2020
Easily integrates with the data loss prevention suite

What is our primary use case?

We work mainly with security firewalls and software servers. We have customers who are not fully in the cloud. Forcepoint luckily has a hybrid deployment, which combines components from on-premise and hybrid from the cloud.

• "The Forcepoint Email Security roadmap easily integrates with the data loss prevention (DLP) suite of Forcepoint. Therefore, the customer doesn't have to buy another solution for DLP."
  • "It would be better if it were simpler to deploy on one or two machines instead of three or four machines."

What other advice do I have?

As a Forcepoint partner, we support the product. It is a good choice. So far, I have not seen a lack of features. This product is doing very well. Every year, they are adding features into their product. I would rate the product as an eight out of 10.
Secengin46
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 30, 2019
Efficiently protects against malicious email contents, but the reporting and dashboards need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor of various products, and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers. The primary use case for this solution is filtering spam, junk, and other anonymous emails for malicious contents and sites. It is also used for filtering outgoing emails in terms of viruses and malware content.

• "All of the filtering features are very nice."
  • "The reporting functionality needs to be improved, as it is not customizable."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody considering this solution is to first evaluate the product and understand the features that they need. See whether the solution is capable of handling the requirements. If it can satisfy them, then go ahead and implement. However, I would not recommend purchasing this product before conducting an evaluation. We are looking forward to seeing new features in the next release of this solution. We are expecting to see DLP, UEBA, and Risk-Adaptive Protection. There are a lot of limitations on this product when you compare to other products in the market. I would like to see…
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Email Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,536 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IsmailMohammed
Information Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jan 31, 2020
Easy initial setup, good filtering capabilities and very good technical support

What is our primary use case?

I have deployed the solution to two or three customers. We have deployed hybrid protocol agents for the roaming user, and we did the deployment for the clients using an AWS configuration.

• "The filtering of the solution is very good. You can do URL filtering and, while you need a custom URL to filter under other solutions like Symantec, here the solution covers most categories and the database."
  • "We've fixed a couple of issues on the solution so far. It doesn't work perfectly all the time."

What other advice do I have?

We're Forcepoint partners. We've noticed that many people are leaving Symantec and moving towards Forcepoint. Their service is better and you can get engineers if you have an emergency. With Symantec changing certain policies, a lot of people are leaving. It's one of the reasons we've chosen to got with Forcepoint and doing more business with them. For the URL filtering they provide, I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. The manager requires some improvement, however. We do want a few additional items added to the solution in future releases and have issues surrounding the hybrid agent and…
Juned Shaikh
CDL Technical Consultant at a tech services company
Jul 2, 2019
Enables you to manage email security and block information with ease from a single console

What is our primary use case?

Forcepoint Email Security is a unique endpoint management solution that secures our centralized management, our web, our DLP, and data. We are using all three modules and we are doing it with the minimum requirements.

• "The feature I find most valuable is the web, email and DLP integration."
  • "I would like to see some improvement like cloud application and integration capabilities and the classification part is missing from the DLP."

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this product a nine out of ten because every organization can use it. It is a very good product.
Alan
User at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Sep 14, 2020
It's reasonably stable but is quite difficult to learn

What is our primary use case?

I'm the technical manager and we are customers of Forcepoint.

I've been using this solution for three years.

This is a reasonably stable solution.

This solution is not easy to instal.

What other advice do I have?

It's quite difficult to learn this solution, it's not an entry-level product. If you are a skilled user you will think it's a very useful tool, but if you are not a skilled user, you'll think it is very difficult to learn. I would rate this solution a five out of 10.
Product Categories
Email Security
Download our free Forcepoint Email Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.