AW
Technical Support Specialist Networks at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Fully-featured and comes with everything required

• "I don't have anything bad to say about the product. I absolutely love it."
  • "Something that I've noticed that Forcepoint lacks, is the training that they offer to their end-customers"

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are mainly the Management and the Active capabilities.

What needs improvement?

From a managerial point of view, as long as you have proper training, it's very easy to manage this firewall. Something that I've noticed that Forcepoint lacks, is the training that they offer to their customers. It's quite expensive, I believe it costs roughly $11,000. Because of this, we haven't been fully trained in this solution; to get the most out of this product, you need proper training. That is the only negative comment I have surrounding Forcepoint.

Aside from the expensive training, I honestly can't think of another issue. It's a fully-featured firewall that comes with everything required. The version that we are using has a single power supply, whereas we would prefer having dual power supplies on or firewalls.

Our company has been using Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall for roughly two years.

Stability-wise, I have never had any major issues with it. No matter the situation, it has always served its purpose.

Scalability-wise, I cannot comment because we have not increased the number of firewalls or the number of nodes on our existing firewall. Although we have not implemented these changes, I know that it's very easy to increase the number of nodes and bandwidth, which means that it is very scalable, but from an on-premise point of view, we haven't done that.

We've never had a negative experience with customer support. They have always been quickly available. I can't complain, I think they have a pretty good team.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have anything bad to say about the product. I absolutely love it.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

RS
CIO
Affords us better centralized management over its competitors with simplicity and flexibility of use

• "Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall is very simple, easy to use, and flexible."
  • "We feel the product's technical support could be better, as this relates to the solution itself, to the installation of the product, and to having a proper understanding of the case."

What is most valuable?

It is very simple, easy to use, and flexible. It is a top solution with a complete feature set. Its most valuable feature involves its environment.

What needs improvement?

A pain point worth mentioning is the need of the customer or client to properly know the environment as it relates to the presentation of Forcepoint and to have a better knowledge of the product's implementation.

We have been using Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall for six years.

It's very stable product.

We feel Forcepoint's scalability to be pretty easy and good. It works very well.

The initial setup of Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall is not terribly complex. We are talking about three months at the intermediate level.

While the deployment of a single firewall depends on the environment, this took us between two to five days.

We employ more than 16 people on our staff for the deployment and maintenance of the solution.

Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall has a good price.

In addition to Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall, we evaluated the concurrency of Palo Alto's features. We feel that Forcepoint affords better centralized management than its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

Our company makes use of every current version of Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall.

Our clients who use Forcepoint run the gamut from small, medium to large businesses.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Koroi Anise
Senior Network Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reliable and easy to deploy, covers both network and systems applications

• "Forcepoint is a complete package because it has network and systems applications. Other firewalls are only for the network."
  • "They should have a local vendor who can provide support. Most of the support is overseas, so the time zones can be a problem."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for a government network, here in Fiji.

What is most valuable?

At the moment we are in a test phase. It's a demo for us. After the trial finishes, we may decide what packages to pay for. We haven't used all the packages.

It's very robust. It's very strong compared to every other firewall I've used.

It can handle a lot.

When we do contact them they are very easy to work with and very helpful.

The initial setup was straightforward because we did it with someone who came to us with the product. It took us a couple of days and then we tested it before we put it in production.

It is expensive.

Forcepoint is easier to use than Fortinet. We are also looking at Cisco ASA. But Fortinet and Cisco don't have all the packages that Forcepoint has. It's not comparing like things.

What other advice do I have?

It's a nice product. I haven't come across anything that needs to be improved. It is very capable, very reliable, and easy to deploy. It covers all your networking needs for a big enterprise network. If you have a small business you should go with FortiGate or Cisco.

Koroi Anise
Senior Network Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Enhances security, facilitates file sharing, and has good SD-WAN capabilities

• "The most valuable feature is SD-WAN."
  • "Forcepoint would be improved if there were more training available."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses for Forcepoint are internet access, filtering, and intruder detection. We also use it for file sharing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is SD-WAN.

What needs improvement?

There is no support available in Fiji, and it would make it easier to have local support and somebody that we can speak with.

The pricing for this solution should be more competitive.

Forcepoint would be improved if there were more training available.

The vendor should make loaner units available for test and evaluation in test environments.

I've been using this solution for three to four months.

This solution is very stable.

With the SD-WAN capabilities, it is very scalable. We have about 6,000 users.

We were previously using a combination of Fortinet and Cisco, but have now upgraded entirely to Forcepoint. Fortinet did not have the same package available as Forcepoint that includes end-point security.

The initial setup is really easy. It is user-friendly and straightforward.

We had assistance from consultants when we deployed Forcepoint.

Forcepoint is very expensive but it's really secure.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is to consider the company's budget. Forcepoint is a very expensive solution but it is also very secure. For smaller companies, I would recommend Fortinet and Cisco, but if you have the money then you can look at Forcepoint.

SC
IT Director at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Straightforward to install and has good local support, but the throughput and integration with other products should be improved

• "The people we deal with is a local partner in Cambodia and we can get good support from them."
  • "My team is looking for more throughput and better integration with our security framework."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution as our corporate firewall.

What is most valuable?

This solution is quite good.

What needs improvement?

It's a good firewall but we are looking for features that are available in Palo Alto.

My team is looking for more throughput and better integration with our security framework. Better integration with other platforms would be an improvement.

We have been using Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall for one year.

We are using the latest version.

Forcepoint is stable and we plan to continue using it in the future.

This is a scalable product. We have approximately 300 users.

We can get local support, which has been okay so far.

The installation was not an issue for us.

Our in-house team did it with the help of our local partner.

We have three or four IT people who take care of deployment and maintenance.

We are still evaluating other products such as Palo Alto.

One of our goals is to minimize the number of different vendors that we have. Ideally, we would like to have a firewall and security solution with good performance from a single vendor, with a single management console.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

SZ
Team Lead Network Infrastructure at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Security works well, reasonably priced but difficult to configure

• "It is a scalable product. I know a customer who has deployed more than 4,000 firewalls in a single deployment."
  • "Forcepoint is a little difficult to configure compared to its competitors."

What is our primary use case?

The solution has the ability to stop the latest malware threats and any exploits to computer systems.

What is most valuable?

It does well in security, for data security, and it ranks on the top of NSS Lab.

What needs improvement?

Forcepoint is a little difficult to configure compared to its competitors.

The product could be more user friendly. Firewalls are getting better in graphical user interfaces. If there is an issue with the appliances then the engineering team can work on the command line controls. A cheaper way is a graphical user interface for any users to be able to quickly configuration and implement.

I have been using the solution for three years.

It is a scalable product. I know a customer who has deployed more than 4,000 firewalls in a single deployment.

The technical support is good.

The installation can take a little while depending on the number of sites that someone has. Usually, for single deployment, it takes one or two days.

In our deployment team, we have over 2000 users.

The pricing of the solution is normally competitive with other products.

What other advice do I have?

I would probably not recommend the product to customers because it is not top of the line. It depends on the customer though, their usage, budget, etc. If they have the budget I would probably recommend Palo Alto Networks, not Forcepoint.

I rate Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall a six out of ten.

GM
IT Infra Head at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good performance, centrally managed, and scales well

• "The security features need to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to improve our security, as part of our overall solution that includes antivirus, IPS, and other products.

What is most valuable?

The centralized management is very good.

Performance is a good point.

What needs improvement?

The security features need to be improved.

We have been using Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall for a few months.

This is a stable product.

This solution scales well and the performance is not degraded. We have 35 registered users in the organization.

We are satisfied with the support.

Prior to this solution, we were using SonicWall. We switched because we wanted to have a centralized management platform, and we also wanted to increase diversity in our firewall products.

This firewall is easy to install, as well as configure.

The pricing should be more competitive against other vendors in the market. We are looking at putting firewalls across all of our locations and want to get a better price so that we can do so. This would be great because we would like to have the same firewall at all of our locations.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I have already recommended it to one of my friends that is now implementing it in the educational sector.

EL
    Sr. Network Engineer at a university with 201-500 employees
    Very user friendly, with a straightforward setup and relatively good stability

What is most valuable?

The simplicity of the solution is its most valuable asset. It's very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The solution's support could use improvement.  I'm in the MENA region so most of the time we were getting support from Europe. They should include a license watch solution on their back-end.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable. We haven't been worried about a lack of stability affecting us in the latest version or in the patches.

The solution isn't scalable. We have about 5,000 users, but they are never on it at the same time. Traffic just passes through.

How are

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution's support could use improvement.

I'm in the MENA region so most of the time we were getting support from Europe.

They should include a license watch solution on their back-end.

I've been using the solution for two years.

I'd rate technical support at eight out of ten, but they're response times are suddenly a bit longer because most of them are in Europe and some are in India. It there was someone in MENA it would be much quicker because the time differences affect reaction times.

If you are not familiar with the setup, the initial implementation can be complex. For me, because I'm comfortable with firewalls, it was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd recommend the solution, but it depends on the requirements of the user.

I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Download our free Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.