Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Overview
What is Fortinet FortiAnalyzer?FortiAnalyzer Network Security Logging, Analysis, and Reporting Appliances securely aggregate log data from Fortinet Security Appliances. A comprehensive suite of easily customable reports allows you to quickly analyze and visualize network threats, inefficiencies and usage. FortiAnalyzer is one of several versatile Fortinet Management Products that provide a diversity of deployment types, growth flexibility, advanced customization through APIs and simple licensing.
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Buyer's Guide
Download the Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer CustomersGeneral Directorate of Information Technology
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Video
What users are saying about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer pricing:
- "The pricing of this solution is fair, and it is based on what you can manage."
- "The program is expensive."
- "We have several products including Fortinet Wireless, FortiGate Firewalls, and FortiAnalyzer, which are bundled together and cost approximately $50,000 USD annually."
- "The price is quite expensive. Fortinet products are very expensive. That is something which they should also look at, because if you compare Fortinet product to, say, Sophos for example, Fortinet is really high and that's the only thing which is a drawback for most users."
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Group IT Manager For ME Region at Malia Group
Great dashboard with customizable reporting and excellent logs
What is our primary use case?The Primary case is to collect & monitor logs & events from all of our firewalls and appliances in one single interface with analysis
Pros and Cons
- "There are customizable workflows that you can work with. You can automate certain tasks in FortiAnaylzer in the incidents and events sections."
- "It's possible that they could add some advanced analytics and some proactive controls for logging analytics. That will help a lot."
What other advice do I have?We're Fortinet end-users. I was on older versions and now I'm with a newer version. People have faced many issues after downloading the latest update so I tend to keep one update back from the newest one to avoid issues. I'd advise other potential users that, first of all, if they have Fortinet products in their environment, they should consider FortiAnaylzer. If they don't have it, they shouldn't consider it. They need to have Fortinet appliances. Secondly, it is a very easy configuration, so companies will not have any problems configuring the FortiAnaylzer. It doesn't require a lot of…
Offers visibility of critical data in real-time for our clients, but the reports are over-summarized
What is our primary use case?We use this solution for reporting. We also use it to keep logs for our clients that require logs with a history of more than seven days. In addition to our own firewalls, we have several clients with firewalls that report into the same FortiAnalyzer. We have a private cloud deployment, set up on-premises.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable features are customizing reports, and the ability to drill down to display critical information in real-time."
- "The reports are good, but they are over-summarized."
What other advice do I have?This solution, at every stage, does what I expect it to. My advice for anybody researching this solution is to consider the size of their organization. If it is very big and they need to retain a log for a specific number of days or a period of time, for example, going back to thirty days and they also need to analyze the traffic in real-time, then FortiAnalyzer would be ideal. However, the same service is now available on FortiCloud, which is something else that I highly recommend. With other solutions, such as NetFlow Analyzer, you can really customize your report to what you expect…
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
454,950 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Technical lead at Rogers Capital Technology Services Ltd
Aug 29, 2019
Offers customized reports but their support needs improvement
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case of this solution is to deep-dive and get deep visibility analyzing of logs and proxy of the network. In other words, to get good customized reports.
Pros and Cons
- "The program is stable and it gives me great visibility."
- "The technical support is not very good."
What other advice do I have?I rate this solution a 6 out of 10. It is a good security firmware for automation. From a single dashboard we can get all the logs and traffic information on our firewall. We can get more visibility, so there is no need for the engineer to go in each and every firewall to get information. Even if we don't use the FortiAnalyzer, we can use a FortiCloud to send a log. But we are still using a cloud-based solution. We are using our internet bandwidth to send logs. That's in real-time or scheduling. If bandwidth is the key factor, I will not recommend the customer to use a FortiCloud. And even if…
Luis Gerardo Gonzalez
Systems Architect at ZENTIUS
Dec 9, 2020
Great UI, good performance, and never crashes
What is our primary use case?We mostly use the FortiAnalyzer VM. We sell the license for this solution and also the professional service to have it. There are different types of business needs of our clients because they're in different business areas. We have firewalls on them. Some of them are on the perimeter network, and some of them are being used as the core network solution. We collect all the logs from their FortiGates. In some cases, we also use FortiWeb, which is a web application firewall. We also use FortiMail, which is an email protection solution or email security solution. We gather all the logs on… more »
Pros and Cons
- "Log collection is the most valuable. The UI looks great. It has a very good look and feel. We don't have the need to use solid state drives. We use mechanic drives, and we don't see any performance issues, so basically, it is doing fine."
- "It will be better if behavior or indicators of compromise were on the same licensing schema. Currently, it is an advanced feature that you have to purchase as an add-on. This is the reason we're trying to do the ELK so that we can integrate them and create those rules by using open-source software. It will also be better if it has some more integration with IT service management tools so that we can do endpoint protection and response based on those indicators of compromise or those behavior analysis rules that create events that can automatically flow. We can inject that data into a service incident ticket on our IT service management tool, and that way we can assign the ticket to the proper teams and respond right away. Currently, we only have integration with ServiceNow."
What other advice do I have?There are plenty of solutions. Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is very helpful if you are really into FortiGate devices. We handle other firewalls, but 80% to 85% of them are Fortinet, so it is a very good solution because it has native integration with everything, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have less than 50% of Fortinet firewalls. If you have agnostic technology, you can integrate all of them into the same solution. FortiAnalyzer is only for FortiGates right now. I would rate Fortinet FortiAnalyzer a nine out of ten. It just needs more integration with IT service management tools for endpoint…
Technical Presales Engineer at Dristi Tech Pvt.ltd
Provides very good metrics, visibility of the network and does what a network analyzer should do
What is our primary use case?Generally, Fortinet FortiAnalyzer gives you visibility around the network. You can track and monitor devices and pick the surrounding network. You can see which packets are being sent to the network, who the users are, and what are they using. You can also view the policies and firewall rules that are being used, the IDs that are being connected to, and the IP address a particular user is using. Basically, it's a SOC. It's a security operations device. We use it for continuous monitoring, and it takes a team to do so. In my organization, three to four people are using it on a daily basis.
Pros and Cons
- "The feature that I have found the most valuable is to be able to see everything in our network in a single task. A single menu and the graphical bar charts that it provides to give insights are very useful. It also gives very good metrics on bandwidth utilization, CPU, and device performance. It is very simple and easy to use as well."
- "They can include integration with devices, such as firewalls, endpoints, from other vendors. They can include graphic monitoring of everything in the network, not just Fortinet products. It would also be good to include customizable reports and customizable views of the reports."
What other advice do I have?It is kind of a very good network packet analyzer solution. It does what a network analyzer should do, and it does it very well. In terms of firewalls and using network analyzers, Fortinet has always been the leader among the leaders. Fortinet provides very good features and products. Specifically, if you want to use Fortinet FortiAnalyzer, you need to have a FortiGate environment. You need at least one FortiGate or other similar product in your network. So, if you are already using or are into Fortinet products, then FortiAnalyzer is a very good product to add on top of other products. Having…
Network Administrator at a university with 11-50 employees
Real UserTop 20
Aug 27, 2019
Useful reports assist with identifying and optimizing bandwidth usage
What is our primary use case?This solution is mainly used for reporting. We collect data from the FortiGate and analyze it with this appliance. We have a physical device that is deployed on-premises.
Pros and Cons
- "We use this functionality every day, and obtain reports on things like how many people are using the VPN, which websites are being accessed, and whether hackers are trying to penetrate into our network."
- "When somebody is new to the system they find it difficult to perform certain operations, like backups, and to see where the reports are."
What other advice do I have?FortiAnalyzer is a good product, and anybody who implements this solution will get good results from it. The support from Fortinet is awesome. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Review about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer
What is our primary use case?We primarily distribute this product to our clients.
Pros and Cons
- "The solution allows for a lot of customization."
- "Their in-house technical support is extremely slow to respond. We have our own in-house team to manage issues so clients don't have to wait over two weeks for a response to issues."
What other advice do I have?We are an official partner and distributor of Fortinet in Maharashtra and Goa. We have only Fortinet products, and we are the sales stockist and we also offer our services. We have a limited portfolio and handle products such as FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiSwitch, and FortiED as well as FortiAnalyzer. You can see in the Gartner report, Fortinet remains in the top tier of products, alongside Palo Alto and Check Point. Even Sophos and Sonic Wall aren't as highly ranked as Fortinet. There isn't much competition locally on the market here. Palo Alto is technically a competitor, however, it lacks…
System & Network Administrator at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Real UserTop 20
Aug 29, 2019
Gives us a simplified and user-friendly interface to work with
What is our primary use case?We use the analyzer for reporting, to know what exactly is happening on the network. We use it to see which accesses are granted, which accesses are denied, which sites are visited, which botnets are coming in, which viruses, etc. The solution is on-premise. Most of the time we set it up on the client's premises, depending on their needs. The cloud is there for testing.
Pros and Cons
- "It has a simplified and user-friendly interface."
- "When it comes to pushing logs to a SIEM, most of the time we have some issues when it comes to filtering."
What other advice do I have?Anyone who asks me about a Fortinet product, I'll give that person a thumbs-up. So far, Fortinet has been the best for me. It's a value-for-money appliance, it has an easy to use interface, and it gives you exactly what you want. The only drawback would be the price.
See 8 more Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Reviews
Product CategoriesLog Management
Download our free Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.