AlesCiber
ICT System Specialist at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Log management that is scalable, easy to use, and priced well

• "The interface is simple and easy to navigate."
  • "One of the main disadvantages is not having a direct link to the security policy when you see something in the log."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Fortinet FortiAnalyzer to manage services for our customers. We use it for log management.

What is most valuable?

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is easy. For customers with basic knowledge, and for those who do not have a technical background, Fortinet is quite good and it should be the first choice.

The interface is simple and easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

One of the main disadvantages is not having a direct link to the security policy when you see something in the log. You should be able to right-click and go directly to the security policy. When you compare with Checkpoint, they are very good with reporting and logging, and when you right-click on the log you can go to the policy and edit it.

In the next release, I would like to have a feature added where you can right-click and it takes you directly to the policy to edit it.

I have been working with Fortinet FortiAnalyzer for four years.

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is stable.

This is solution is very scalable.

I don't have any issues with technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward. Everything with Fortinet is straightforward.

When comparing with other solutions such as Checkpoint and Cisco, Fortinet is priced well.

What other advice do I have?

I am an expert in Juniper and Fortinet at a professional level.

Previously in another company, we were service providers, and I did the implementation for service delivery cargo, and for an enterprise company, I did the firewall migration.

I would recommend Fortinet FortiAnalyzer.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Ashok Lamsal
Security Engineer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Overall features useful, reliable, but need more integration

• "Overall we are satisfied with all the features the solution provides."
  • "There are a lot of solutions on the market and Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is limited. It cannot be used across multiple vendors. They can improve by advancing their technology."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Fortinet FortiAnalyzer for analyzing network traffic and it provides us with log analytics.

What is most valuable?

Overall we are satisfied with all the features the solution provides.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of solutions on the market and Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is limited. It cannot be used across multiple vendors. They can improve by advancing their technology.

The solution could improve by having better integration and support with Apple, Linux, and Microsoft solutions.

I have been using Fortinet FortiAnalyzer for approximately five years.

We have been making changes to the cloud signatures and categories because the market is changing and Fortinet FortiAnalyzer has been stable and reliable.

The solution is scalable but there are additional costs if you want to increase the scalability.

We have been satisfied with the support.

The installation was not difficult.

We did the implementation ourselves.

In the local market sometimes people are being charged more than other solutions. Although the market is competitive, legitimate suppliers do not receive a large enough discount to pass onto the customers.

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is not suitable for everyone, it is best suited for mid-sized businesses but if the price could be reduced there would be more customers in all-sized businesses.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Fortinet FortiAnalyzer a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,027 professionals have used our research since 2012.
YM
IT Network, Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Beneficial trigger actions(on Event Handler feature), easy to install, and scalable

• "Based on the logs of Fortinet FortiAnalyzer you can have it trigger actions. For example, if the log has a word or a sentence you specified it can send an alert or Syslog to an email address."
  • "Fortinet FortiAnalyzer cannot receive any queries. They should add this feature in the future to help manage solutions."

What is our primary use case?

I use Fortinet FortiAnalyzer to analyze network logs for increased security protection.

How has it helped my organization?

We can see and know our network traffic graphically.

What is most valuable?

Based on the logs of Fortinet FortiAnalyzer you can have it trigger actions. For example, if the log has a word or a sentence you specified it can send an alert to an email address or SNMP trap.

What needs improvement?

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer cannot use as SNMP Manager so cannnot receive any queries of SNMP. They should add this feature in the future to help manage solutions.

I have been using Fortinet FortiAnalyzer for approximately eight years.

I have found the solution to be stable. However, when the computer's resources are low the analysis becomes slow. There could be some optimization done.

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is scalable. It can handle small to large-scale analysis.

The initial installation is easy. You set up the interface IP address and then you can have access. If you use the web GUI, it's very easy to connect to FortiGate and other Fortinet solutions.

What other advice do I have?

If a company purchases FortiGate they should purchase Fortinet FortiAnalyzer together. The reason is FortiGate does not have an interface for analyzing logs but if you have the Fortinet FortiAnalyzer it can analyze logs and give reports on the logs giving you more protection.

I rate Fortinet FortiAnalyzer a nine out of ten.

HU
System Administrator at a logistics company with 51-200 employees
Offers solid anti-virus protection but isn't so scalable

What is most valuable?

The anti-virus protection it offers our clients is solid.

What needs improvement?

Currently, no solution can offer you 100% protection from viruses such as WannaCry ransomware. Fortinet should strive to improve their prevention systems.

I have been using this solution for about two to three years.

This solution is stable.

FortiAnalyzer does slow down when there is a heavy load of users, but it still does its job. Also, when many logs are generated throughout many sessions, the Analyser slows down.

The technical support is not very reliable. Sometimes it…

What is most valuable?

The anti-virus protection it offers our clients is solid.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for about two to three years.

This solution is stable.

The technical support is not very reliable. Sometimes it takes them up to a week to get back to us.

The initial setup is not complex. The basic setup takes roughly 30 minutes to one hour — reconfiguration can take up to one day.

What other advice do I have?

If you have Fortinet Firewall, you must implement FortiAnalyzer because, without the Analyzer, you can't generate the polls.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven. I would give them a higher rating if they improved their scalability.

Sergio Covarrubias
Director General CEO at SC Telecom
Overall effective equipment management

What is most valuable?

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is a complete package for managing our equipment.

I have been using Fortinet FortiAnalyzer for approximately six years.

The support could be better for Fortinet FortiAnalyzer here in Mexico.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Fortinet FortiAnalyzer a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

What is most valuable?

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is a complete package for managing our equipment.

I have been using Fortinet FortiAnalyzer for approximately six years.

The support could be better for Fortinet FortiAnalyzer here in Mexico.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Fortinet FortiAnalyzer a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Product Categories
Log Management
Download our free Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.