Fortinet FortiAnalyzer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
What is Fortinet FortiAnalyzer?FortiAnalyzer Network Security Logging, Analysis, and Reporting Appliances securely aggregate log data from Fortinet Security Appliances. A comprehensive suite of easily customable reports allows you to quickly analyze and visualize network threats, inefficiencies and usage. FortiAnalyzer is one of several versatile Fortinet Management Products that provide a diversity of deployment types, growth flexibility, advanced customization through APIs and simple licensing.
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Buyer's Guide
Download the Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer CustomersGeneral Directorate of Information Technology
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Video
What users are saying about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer pricing:
- "When you compare with other firewall vendors, FortiAnalyzer is quite competitive in pricing."
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
IT Director at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great dashboard with customizable reporting and excellent logs
What is our primary use case?The Primary case is to collect & monitor logs & events from all of our firewalls and appliances in one single interface with analysis
Pros and Cons
- "There are customizable workflows that you can work with. You can automate certain tasks in FortiAnaylzer in the incidents and events sections."
- "It's possible that they could add some advanced analytics and some proactive controls for logging analytics. That will help a lot."
What other advice do I have?We're Fortinet end-users. I was on older versions and now I'm with a newer version. People have faced many issues after downloading the latest update so I tend to keep one update back from the newest one to avoid issues. I'd advise other potential users that, first of all, if they have Fortinet products in their environment, they should consider FortiAnaylzer. If they don't have it, they shouldn't consider it. They need to have Fortinet appliances. Secondly, it is a very easy configuration, so companies will not have any problems configuring the FortiAnaylzer. It doesn't require a lot of…
Luis Gerardo Gonzalez
Systems Architect at ZENTIUS
Dec 9, 2020
Great UI, good performance, and never crashes
What is our primary use case?We mostly use the FortiAnalyzer VM. We sell the license for this solution and also the professional service to have it. There are different types of business needs of our clients because they're in different business areas. We have firewalls on them. Some of them are on the perimeter network, and some of them are being used as the core network solution. We collect all the logs from their FortiGates. In some cases, we also use FortiWeb, which is a web application firewall. We also use FortiMail, which is an email protection solution or email security solution. We gather all the logs on… more »
Pros and Cons
- "Log collection is the most valuable. The UI looks great. It has a very good look and feel. We don't have the need to use solid state drives. We use mechanic drives, and we don't see any performance issues, so basically, it is doing fine."
- "It will be better if behavior or indicators of compromise were on the same licensing schema. Currently, it is an advanced feature that you have to purchase as an add-on. This is the reason we're trying to do the ELK so that we can integrate them and create those rules by using open-source software. It will also be better if it has some more integration with IT service management tools so that we can do endpoint protection and response based on those indicators of compromise or those behavior analysis rules that create events that can automatically flow. We can inject that data into a service incident ticket on our IT service management tool, and that way we can assign the ticket to the proper teams and respond right away. Currently, we only have integration with ServiceNow."
What other advice do I have?There are plenty of solutions. Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is very helpful if you are really into FortiGate devices. We handle other firewalls, but 80% to 85% of them are Fortinet, so it is a very good solution because it has native integration with everything, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have less than 50% of Fortinet firewalls. If you have agnostic technology, you can integrate all of them into the same solution. FortiAnalyzer is only for FortiGates right now. I would rate Fortinet FortiAnalyzer a nine out of ten. It just needs more integration with IT service management tools for endpoint…
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Technical Presales Engineer at Dristi Tech Pvt.ltd
Real UserTop 10
Sep 2, 2020
Provides very good metrics, visibility of the network and does what a network analyzer should do
What is our primary use case?Generally, Fortinet FortiAnalyzer gives you visibility around the network. You can track and monitor devices and pick the surrounding network. You can see which packets are being sent to the network, who the users are, and what are they using. You can also view the policies and firewall rules that are being used, the IDs that are being connected to, and the IP address a particular user is using. Basically, it's a SOC. It's a security operations device. We use it for continuous monitoring, and it takes a team to do so. In my organization, three to four people are using it on a daily basis.
Pros and Cons
- "The feature that I have found the most valuable is to be able to see everything in our network in a single task. A single menu and the graphical bar charts that it provides to give insights are very useful. It also gives very good metrics on bandwidth utilization, CPU, and device performance. It is very simple and easy to use as well."
- "They can include integration with devices, such as firewalls, endpoints, from other vendors. They can include graphic monitoring of everything in the network, not just Fortinet products. It would also be good to include customizable reports and customizable views of the reports."
What other advice do I have?It is kind of a very good network packet analyzer solution. It does what a network analyzer should do, and it does it very well. In terms of firewalls and using network analyzers, Fortinet has always been the leader among the leaders. Fortinet provides very good features and products. Specifically, if you want to use Fortinet FortiAnalyzer, you need to have a FortiGate environment. You need at least one FortiGate or other similar product in your network. So, if you are already using or are into Fortinet products, then FortiAnalyzer is a very good product to add on top of other products. Having…
Review about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer
What is our primary use case?We primarily distribute this product to our clients.
Pros and Cons
- "The solution allows for a lot of customization."
- "Their in-house technical support is extremely slow to respond. We have our own in-house team to manage issues so clients don't have to wait over two weeks for a response to issues."
What other advice do I have?We are an official partner and distributor of Fortinet in Maharashtra and Goa. We have only Fortinet products, and we are the sales stockist and we also offer our services. We have a limited portfolio and handle products such as FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiSwitch, and FortiED as well as FortiAnalyzer. You can see in the Gartner report, Fortinet remains in the top tier of products, alongside Palo Alto and Check Point. Even Sophos and Sonic Wall aren't as highly ranked as Fortinet. There isn't much competition locally on the market here. Palo Alto is technically a competitor, however, it lacks…
Implementation Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jan 17, 2021
Easy to implement and robust with good technical support
What is our primary use case?We're resellers of Fortinet. The solution is a product for doing diagnostics on their security environment. Our primary clients are banks or medical organizations.
Pros and Cons
- "The solution is very easy to deploy."
- "In future releases, we'd like to see more granular reporting. The reports on offer right now are pretty short."
What other advice do I have?We use different deployment versions of Fortinet solutions. We use, for example, 200E and 200D and 100 too. These are the most popular. Right now, use the virtual environment. This is a product that is very good for when you're using a Fortinet ecosystem. If you have a mix of vendors, it's not recommended. Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been quite happy with their offering.
Conseiller en architecture technologique at a government with 1-10 employees
Real UserTop 5
Mar 13, 2021
Stable with good technical support and a good user experience
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution in order to analyze data. If you have two devices that need to communicate with each other, so you can see where any issue is as you can see every single communication. It shows the flux of communication.
Pros and Cons
- "The user interface is good and it is quite easy to use."
- "From my point of view, at this time, the solution isn't lacking any features or functionalities."
What other advice do I have?We just installed our latest version a few weeks ago. It's the brand-new version of the product. For those considering the solution, I've been told that it's cheaper to buy Fortinet or FortiGate instead of buying Cisco ASA. If cost is a concern, it might be a good idea to look at Fortinet. We are just customers and end-users of Fortinet. We don't have a business relationship with them. Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It's largely been very good.
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Real UserTop 5
Feb 11, 2021
Easily allows for multiple cluster groups but the GUI needs improvement
Pros and Cons
- "The scalability is good. It is also good in the cluster nodes. You can make multiple FortiAnalyzer clusters groups, and you can distribute the logs between these FortiAnalyzer nodes. In other words, you can expand the scale."
- "In terms of what could be improved, sometimes it's lagging and it also has some graphical issues with the GUI."
What other advice do I have?I would absolutely recommend FortiAnalyzer. Fortinet products have internal logging mechanisms if they have internal disks or stores. But if you have multiple location SD-WAN branches for multiple areas you are controlling with FortiGate, the hardware doesn't give any disk or storage, only limited storage. So if you want to go further on the logging, you have limited options, maybe one week or two weeks. So if you're using a FortiAnalyzer in the SD-WAN branches, you have a centralized logging mechanism, so you can collect all the logs in a central location and you can make the correlations or…
Chief Technology Officer at Litmus
Real UserTop 5
May 27, 2021
Can be used by institutions whose data needs to be on-premises and not in the cloud
What is our primary use case?Most of our clients are banking and financial institutions, so their data doesn't go to the cloud as such. Their data is on-premises only. Some of our clients can go to the cloud to save the price and do management, administration, and so on, but then most of our clients, use on-premises FortiAnalyzer.
Pros and Cons
- "I have found incident management and also identifying new threats, analyzing the network traffic, and finding out the issues with the network traffic such as any security issues to be valuable. I also like the compliance reports."
- "One thing we struggled with FortiAnalyzer was integration with SIEM. We also had issues with the new threats and APTs. There were false positives, so we needed to have some ratings related to false positives."
What other advice do I have?If you have critical objects to protect or critical data to protect, then you should go for FortiAnalyzer. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Fortinet FortiAnalyzer at eight.
See 7 more Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Reviews
Product CategoriesLog Management
Download our free Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
- When evaluating Log Management tools and software, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- What is the difference between log management and SIEM?
- Datadog vs ELK: which one is good in terms of performance, cost and efficiency?
- Why hot data and cold data differences in SIEM solutions are not discussed sufficiently?