Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Overview

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is the #5 ranked solution in our list of Log Management Software. It is most often compared to Splunk: Fortinet FortiAnalyzer vs Splunk

What is Fortinet FortiAnalyzer?
FortiAnalyzer Network Security Logging, Analysis, and Reporting Appliances securely aggregate log data from Fortinet Security Appliances. A comprehensive suite of easily customable reports allows you to quickly analyze and visualize network threats, inefficiencies and usage. FortiAnalyzer is one of several versatile Fortinet Management Products that provide a diversity of deployment types, growth flexibility, advanced customization through APIs and simple licensing.
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Buyer's Guide

Download the Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Customers
General Directorate of Information Technology
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

RP
Consultor de Seguridad at Grupo CEPRA
User
It supports SQL for logging and reporting

What is our primary use case?

It receives logs from the FortiGate 5000 Series (about 12 FortiGate blades), and it was configured for keep logs for about 1,050 days. The logs are divided by archive (raw logs) and analytics (logs indexed in a database). The use case is primarily for getting graphical data to make quick decisions.

• "It supports SQL for logging and reporting. Log data is inserted into the SQL database for log view and report generation."
  • "It is very important that FAZ can support FortiController as the architecture designed for the network. FortiController should be registered in FAZ at least for event logs."

What other advice do I have?

My only experience is with a very important customer, the most recognized in Latin America.
Senior Associate Consultant - Network at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It gives us reporting features, which are helpful in the case of troubleshooting and audit purposes. It should have straightforward customized reports.

What is our primary use case?

This product is only used for logs and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

It has detailed reporting, e.g., user-wise reporting, threat analysis, etc. It also gives you live logs, which can be really helpful during troubleshooting.

What needs improvement?

It should have customized reports as well. While it currently has them, you need to write a script which is not straightforward.

No issues.

No issues.

How are customer service and

Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
502,275 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Software Developer with 201-500 employees
SSD is helpful in generating customized reports

How has it helped my organization?

It generate reports from a specific date or interval.

What is most valuable?

Storage in SSD, to generate customized reports  Event management

What needs improvement?

Operation and maintenance High-availability architecture Management link embedded in the transmission link

Yes. The combination between FortiAnalyzer and FortiGate 5000 Series with millions of concurrent sessions is high-risk because it can interrupt the operation of the network.

The FortiAnalyzer is not scalable.

Tech support is very poor and slow.

How

Network Engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We can examine the logs of multiple Firewalls on a single GUI

What is our primary use case?

The product is really helpful in examining the logs of multiple firewalls on a single GUI.

What is most valuable?

Log View is the most valuable part for us, as we can view logs from different Fortigates on a single GUI.  Another important feature is real-time logs, they help a lot in troubleshooting.

What needs improvement?

I think some improvement is required in real-time log monitoring, as sometimes it gets stuck or displays results after a delay.

No issues yet.

No issues after installing the 1000E.

Good.

Which solution

Project manager at IRIDIS Group
Our company uses a virtual infrastructure. Implementing this product supplements the protection of our infrastructure.

What other advice do I have?

Fortinet's strategy is based on the dividing the product line depending on functionality. This allows customers to choose only the necessary feature set for them. The Fortinet product line is wide – you can choose from SOHO to Enterprise, and from hardware to virtual solution. The presence of a free client (Win/Android/OS X) provides protection for client workstations. Each customer will be able to find the most suitable solution for them. The balanced policy product line and licensing allows customers to choose only the necessary feature set for them. Also you can easily migrate from other…
IT Director with 501-1,000 employees
I'm able to see each IP separately, including user name and other stats, but the admin UX needs improvement.