OFIS-TECHNOLOGIES Njanjouo
Security Engineer at OFIS TECHNOLOGIES
A stable and inexpensively scalable solution which is easy to install

• "The solution has inexpensive scalability, works very well and can communicate with other Fortinet devices."
  • "While I cannot think of new features to add, it would be nice if the reports were improved, to have these sent automatically."

What is most valuable?

The solution is good. I like it very much. It has inexpensive scalability, works very well and can communicate with other Fortinet devices.

What needs improvement?

I currently use Fortinet FortiClient on my computer and have been doing so for around three months.

The solution is stable.

The solution is very scalable. It is inexpensive and works very well.

Based on my past training, I have not yet had need to contact technical support.

The EMS is very simple to install. The product is very simple.

For the moment, I only use a fraction of the features offered by the solution and these are very good. For someone like me, who is in Africa and has a small company numbering 500 users, the current features are more than sufficient. I do not use all that is provided by EMS.

When it comes to the competition, I can only wonder how Fortinet stacks up. I would be interested in knowing if it has the Data Lake feature offered on Palo Alto or machine learning about prevention.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is on-premises and we have our own server.

We have a database server and, for the moment, I don't have any issues with its resources. Perhaps, in the future, this will change.

I would recommend the solution to others without hesitation. It works very well. The EMS is very nice.

I rate Fortinet FortiClient as an eight out of ten.

KM
Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Free VPN connection included, stable, and easy to implement

• "The VPN connection is the feature that I like the most."

What is our primary use case?

I am an IT integrator with my company.

This solution is used both in our company and with our clients.

What is most valuable?

The VPN connection is the feature that I like the most.

I have been working with Fortinet FortiClient for one year.

We use many versions but we use version 6.0 the most.

It's a stable solution. I have not had any issues with stability.

This is an area that I do not have a lot of experience with based on our clients it has not been a requirement.

We have 30 people in our company who are using this solution.

Our client's companies are small.

I have not contacted technical support. Everything as been working efficiently.

Previously, we worked with OpenVPN and Palo Alto.

We switched to Fortinet FortiClient because of the advantage that the free VPN connection device. It has helped us with implementation. It adds value to the solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy to implement.

I completed the installation and deployment myself. It took approximately 15 minutes.

Pricing is an area that I would like to see improved, as it could be lower.

They offer bundles for one year, two years, or five years. The one year bundle works for me.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that you have good preparation, and look into Fortinet Cookbook. You will have much more.

I would rate Fortinet FortiClient a ten out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiClient. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
    552,305 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    AC
    Co-founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Straightforward installation, scalable, and reliable

• "Fortinet FortiClient can be used with FortiManager to observe all actions that are happening."
    • "The solution could improve by providing analytics or detailed reports."

What is our primary use case?

We are mainly using Fortinet FortiClient as a VPN solution and secure access in a single, modular lightweight clien.

How has it helped my organization?

The use of IoT devices is growing and it is important to manage data assets. We have to follow rules and standards from our organization that FortiClient has been helped with, it is an important tool on the end-users systems.

What is most valuable?

Fortinet FortiClient can be used with Report to the Security Fabric on the status of a device, including applications running and firmware version. It also send suspicious activities to Our Fortinet Security Fabric

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing analytics or more detailed reports.

I have been using Fortinet FortiClient for approximately five years.

Fortinet FortiClient is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have five endpoints that are using the solution.

Fortinet FortiClient is easy to install for end users.

We only needed one engineer that does the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

FortiClient in standalone mode does not require a license. If there is no EMS license or FortiGate FortiClient Telemetry license, no Fortinet support is provided. A license is required to access Fortinet support.

I have evaluated other solutions, such as ZTNA Zero-Trust Network Access.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Fortinet FortiClient a ten out of ten.

SaifKhan1
    Network Security Engineer at a consumer goods company with 201-500 employees
    Easy to use, stable, and facilitates working from home

• "This solution makes it easier to work from home."
    • "In the next release, I would like to see an additional layer of security added."

What is our primary use case?

We use FortiClient for users who are working from home. It allows them to connect to the organization's network with the VPN and access the server.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution makes it easier to work from home.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the dynamic connectors, the ability to log into the Linux server, and the automatic linking of the FortiGate web filter.

This product is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I am troubleshooting some errors that I have had with the VPN and they are difficult to resolve.

In the next release, I would like to see an additional layer of security added.

We have been using Fortinet FortiClient within the past year.

This is a really reliable product.

This solution is scalable and I have tried expanding its use. We currently have about 250 users because of the coronavirus restrictions, and we plan to increase our usage.

It is easy to deploy FortiClient.

The pricing is good and licensing is paid on a yearly basis.

Licensing for FortiClient is included with the VPN and the FortiGate firewall. If we pay for the yearly package that includes the FortiGate firewall, then the FortiClient VPN license is included with it.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I can recommend it to others.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

SaifKhan1
    Network Security Engineer at a consumer goods company with 201-500 employees
    Integrates with other solutions, easy to use, and simple installation

• "The most valuable features are malware detection, integrates well with other solutions, and ease of use for all users."
    • "The current version of this solution does not show the malicious websites that have been visited. They should add this to an upcoming release."

What is our primary use case?

We use FortiClient to protect our assets, such as laptops, from network attacks. If we were to get a malicious attack this solution will detect it and block the site that is making the attack.

What needs improvement?

There should be an automatic bootup scan option easily accessible.

I have been using this solution for the past six months.

FortiClient is reliable and stable.

I have installed this solution on everyone's device in my organization, everyone is using this solution.

The technical support is very responsive.

The setup was simple and is easy to implement for many use cases.

The price of the solution depends on the type of firewall you have from FortiGate. I am satisfied with the price of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others because it is easy to use and it detects threats well.

I rate Fortinet FortiClient an eight out of ten.

RJ
    Director at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
    Easy to scale, reliable, simple to install, and has a good VPN connection

• "The ability to reroute traffic from the user, connecting you to the internet rather than passing through our network area, is very useful."
    • "It would be extremely useful to have an automatic updating feature."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Fortinet FortiClient for their VPN, which provides us with a secure connection and allows people to work from home.

What is most valuable?

The ability to reroute traffic from the user, connecting you to the internet rather than passing through our network area, is very useful. It also reduces the amount of traffic that we use here. When they connect to the internet, they go directly there.

What needs improvement?

It would be extremely useful to have an automatic updating feature.

I have been using Fortinet FortiClient for two years.

We are using version 6.4.

Fortinet FortiClient is very stable.

We are not a large company which made it easy install to everyone. It was easy to scale.

I have not contacted technical support, and I do not believe there has ever been a discussion about technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward. it was quite simple.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good online solution.

We are using it less now that we're almost back in the office. I don't think there was anything we missed while using it.

It's a very good product, I would rate Fortinet FortiClient a nine out of ten.

NG
    Systems Administrator at a international affairs institute with 201-500 employees
    Stable, scalable, and good functionality

• "Overall Fortinet FortiClient has good functionality."
    • "We do not use the solution every day and there are times when the new users have trouble reconnecting. The technology itself works but our users getting adopted to it is a major problem. Having the user adapt to the desktop landing page that it begins on is throwing them off a bit."

What is our primary use case?

I use Fortinet FortiClient for a VPN, endpoint protection, and remote access services.

What is most valuable?

Overall Fortinet FortiClient has good functionality.

What needs improvement?

We do not use the solution every day and there are times when the new users have trouble reconnecting. The technology itself works but our users getting adopted to it is a major problem. Having the user adapt to the desktop landing page that it begins on is throwing them off a bit.

I have been using Fortinet FortiClient for approximately two years.

The solution is stable.

I have found Fortinet FortiClient to be scalable.

After everything was implemented, we did not use technical support. We have not needed the support.

The setup takes someone with more experience than I have a while, I imagine it is difficult.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement this solution is they have to build the infrastructure for Fortinet rather than only do the endpoint by itself. Use the other Fortinet offerings together if you want to benefit the most.

I rate Fortinet FortiClient a nine out of ten.

Veljko Mitar Car
    Presales Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Very solid and stable with good basic features

• "This is a solid and stable solution."
    • "The documentation could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We supply FortiClient to our customers. In Croatian terms, we supply mid-size companies although in European terms they are probably relatively small organizations. We are partners with Fortinet and I'm the pre-sales manager.

What is most valuable?

We use the basic features and they work well. Our customers are generally looking for a solution that works well and they get it with FortiClient.

What needs improvement?

The documentation of this product could be improved.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable, we currently have about 100 people using it.

We previously worked with Cisco AnyConnect and before that, with Microsoft, all the PPTP. But that was a long time ago.

The initial setup was straightforward.

If you ask our customers, they would always want the price to be lower, but I think it's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

As with every significant installation, you have to plan well and be aware of your needs. A part of that is checking which features are supported and which are not supported.

I rate the solution nine out of 10.

Download our free Fortinet FortiClient Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.