Fortinet FortiClient Overview

Fortinet FortiClient is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Infrastructure VPN tools. It is most often compared to Fortinet FortiEDR: Fortinet FortiClient vs Fortinet FortiEDR

What is Fortinet FortiClient?

Securing your endpoints against sophisticated threats on a myriad of devices can be very challenging:

• Managing separate endpoint features is complex and time-consuming.
  • Disparate security products don't share intelligence, resulting in slow threat response.
  • Lack of InfoSec expertise to effectively administer endpoint security can let threats slip through your defenses.

Fortinet FortiClient is also known as FortiClient.

Fortinet FortiClient Buyer's Guide

Download the Fortinet FortiClient Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Fortinet FortiClient Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiClient Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Avraham Sonenthal
Senior Network Engineer at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
A trouble-free solution that allows us to connect to our partner's FortiGate gateway

What is our primary use case?

We are using FortiClient for five to six users. Our primary use for this solution is to access a resource in our partner's network. They manage our call center.

• "It's pretty stable, and I don't have any problems with it."
  • "I haven't found that that solution does anything amazing."

What other advice do I have?

This product is not terrible, but I don't have any basis in which to say that it is good. Because we don't really have any problems with it, I would rate this product a ten out of ten.
Raul Rivera
Cybersecurity Engineer at GFR Media
Easy to use, Centralized console that provides visibility

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for remote access from having encrypted tunnels for our users back into our firewall. It was what was available at that point. We no longer are using a Fortinet firewall, which was the reason we stopped using FortiClient. While it was available, it was a good solution.

• "The return on investment was very reasonable. It was low cost and it functioned, so the return on investment was excellent."
  • "Everybody else is doing AI, machine learning, self-healing, next-generation features. It needs more next-generation features. Everybody else is doing AI, machine learning, self-healing, next-generation features. It needs more next-generation features."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to use as much functionality as possible on the endpoint. I would rate it a seven out of ten. It fills remote access needs. I give it a seven because of the issues we had between IPsec and SSL. I also give it a seven for its cost, which is very low. It was a good product while I had it.
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiClient. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BR
CTO at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
It's given us the ability to remotely access information securely

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is VPN.

• "Remote connectivity is its most valuable feature."
  • "The initial setup was probably more complex. The configuration was somewhat unclear."

What other advice do I have?

It has improved our security posture by having this additional product. Be open to what is out there. This particular solution is good, but there are other solutions out there that may make more sense for what you are trying to achieve.
it_user873078
IT Support with 51-200 employees
Good signatures and protection but the management system changes are unfavorable

What is our primary use case?

We're using it for anti-virus, and its performance is okay.

How has it helped my organization?

Its benefit is that it provides virus protection.

What is most valuable?

FortiClient has good signatures, good protection and, up until recently, it integrated really well with our firewall.

What needs improvement?

I'm hoping they change the management system. The management is no longer applicable for us, so I want that to go back to the way it was.

The stability is excellent.

It is definitely scalable.

I haven't used tech…
Download our free Fortinet FortiClient Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.