Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] Overview

What is Fortinet FortiDB [EOL]?

FortiDB software is a comprehensive database security and compliance platform that helps large enterprises and cloud-based service providers protect their databases and applications from internal and external threats. Its flexible policy framework allows you to quickly and easily implement internal IT control frameworks for database activity monitoring, IT audit and regulatory compliance.

Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] is also known as FortiDB, FortiGuard Database Security.

Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] Buyer's Guide

Download the Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2020

Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] Customers

Chunghwa Telecom

Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] pricing:
  • "It is not costly."
  • "In the licensing model, the licenses are a little bit expensive."
  • "It is not expensive."

Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] Reviews

Vasanth Chellappa
CEO & Technical Head at ChellSoft Technologies
Feb 9, 2020
Stable with a good interface and excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution to secure the applications which are on the cloud. We also use it to secure our traffic and our network at our organization's office.

• "The solution is very good at preventing intrusions. You can definitely rely on this solution to cover your security."
  • "Some use case analyses could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a Fortinet partner and work with all of the Fortinet products. I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. I'd let other potential users know that this solution is quite easy to use. As long as users have some basic knowledge of networking, and how to apply a firewall, they won't have any trouble with it.
JoelSadomba
IT Engineer at BAZ
Oct 2, 2019
Allows quick and easy implementation of internal IT control frameworks for database activity monitoring, IT audit and regulatory compliance

What is our primary use case?

Database security and compliance. I use it to protect databases and applications from internal and external threats. My environment is MySQL and Postgres. I have an ERP running on MySQL and my other application on Postgres. I have several instances.

• "We use it to protect files and to prevent users from browsing them while they are being used."
  • "They need to improve the web filter to make it more user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

We do not have a relationship with Fortinet, we are just end-users. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Imperva, IBM and others in Database Security. Updated: November 2020.
447,846 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Hamed Wasel
Sr. Security Network Engineer at Children's Cancer Hospital
Jan 20, 2020
For zero-day attacks, the signature is updated well

What is our primary use case?

It's a very good solution. For vulnerabilities, we use it our hospital besides the Nessus server. I am using the latest version.

• "The dashboard is very simple. It has an easy to use interface."
  • "I would like better APIs and integration with other products, like Python and SQL."

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good solution. I love it. Every day the company is updating and developing its devices. I would the product as a nine (out of 10).
reviewer1059522
IT Assistant at a international affairs institute with 10,001+ employees
Sep 24, 2019
Good technical support and easy to set up, but the pricing needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for database security in a private cloud deployment.

• "The most valuable features of this solution are the security aspects."
  • "The pricing of this solution is a little bit on the high side and can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is implementing this solution, I think the most important part is to get the right technical partner. We rely on our partner to help the client implement the solution. The most important thing is the technical support. In case there are problems that come up later, you need to have someone on hand who understands the setup from the beginning. This is a good solution, but there is always room for improvement. For example, for a large order, it is very expensive. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
ReviewerSE399
Network Security Consultant at a tech services company
May 19, 2019
A good solution for database monitoring

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to monitor database. From DB to MSSQL, everything is monitored.

• "It is extremely stable, and can expand as per our needs due to its stability."
  • "We had some issues trying to fix some critical bugs, such as the SSL encryption."

What other advice do I have?

It’s recommended to secure any database by securing parameters in database setting.