Fortinet FortiDDoS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiDDoS is the #13 ranked solution in our list of top Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) Protection tools. It is most often compared to Arbor DDoS: Fortinet FortiDDoS vs Arbor DDoS

What is Fortinet FortiDDoS?

Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are ever-evolving and use a variety of technologies. To successfully combat these attacks, you need a dynamic, multi-layered security solution. FortiDDoS protects from both known and zero day attacks with very low latency. It’s easy to deploy and manage, and includes comprehensive reporting and analysis tools.

Fortinet FortiDDoS is also known as Fortinet DDoS, FortiDDos.

Download the Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) Protection Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Fortinet FortiDDoS Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiDDoS Video

Fortinet FortiDDoS Reviews

PC
IT Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable, with good security but has very bad technical support

• "The solution already has security profiles and it can protect from DDoS attacks and other kinds of attacks."
  • "The web interface could be much better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in order to protect some web pages and web services.

What is most valuable?

The solution already has security profiles and it can protect from DDoS attacks and other kinds of attacks. It's a good source of protection. It already has a web application firewall.

What needs improvement?

The web interface could be much better. It's not that great right now. When you do a change, it's not as seamless as it could be.

The initial setup is difficult.

Technical support is lacking. They aren't helping a lot of the time, and some support personal don't even understand their own product.

I've been using the solution for about six months or so. It hasn't been too long just yet.

For now, the device seems to be stable. There are no bugs and glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. However, I haven't tested it against a massive attack yet. That would be the real show of its strength, and that hasn't happened.

The solution can scale if you need it to. You can put the device in the cluster, and you can add more devices to the same cluster. That way you increase the disk qualitative and can add more devices.

We only have two people that work directly on the solution - myself and my co-worker. We do sometimes use an outside support company as well if we need to deal with customers.

Technical support isn't too good with Fortinet. They could be more responsive and helpful overall. If I call for a problem they take a long time to solve the issue or to answer. Even worse, sometimes they don't know the solution.

I've also worked with Cloudflare in the past and I find it, for example, much more user-friendly and easier to set up.

The initial setup is not exactly straightforward. We find it to be difficult. They should make it easier for new users to handle.

It took me two weeks to deploy the product due to the fact that I hadn't installed that kind of device before. I had to learn at the same time as I worked on the implementation process, which made things even harder. CloudFlare, for example, is easier to set up.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Fortinet partner.

I would advise those considering implementing the solution to get good documentation before installing it and to understand the product well. They can call support, however, they cannot state good support from Fortinet. I'd recommend they instead ask for help from Regional Account Managers from Fortinet, they can use their cell phone from there.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Melvin Ji
Vice President & Product Manager at Tocloud
Reseller
Very stable, easy to set up, and user-friendly

• "The solution is very user-friendly and very easy to use."
  • "There aren't really any aspects of the solution we are unhappy with. It's been a positive experience overall."

What is most valuable?

We've been completely satisfied with the product.

The solution is very user-friendly and very easy to use.

It's a good solution to start with, as it's easy to set up.

The solution has proven to be quite stable. The performance is good.

The technical support provided by the distributor has been very helpful.

The pricing overall is pretty reasonable.

The solution supports SD-WAN very well.

What needs improvement?

There aren't really any aspects of the solution we are unhappy with. It's been a positive experience overall. I can't recall any features that are lacking.

We've been using the solution for about three years or so. It's been a while. It's not that new to us.

The solution is quite stable. We've found it to be reliable in terms of performance. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We have about 50 users on the solution and about 100 customers.

The technical support actually comes from the distributor. However, they are very good. They are helpful and responsive and we have been quite happy with the level of service we have been provided. We have no complaints in that regard.

The initial setup was not complex at all. It was very straightforward. We found it to be easy. A company should have no problems implementing it.

We were able to implement the solution ourselves. We did not use any integrators or consultants.

The cost of the solution is quite reasonable. It's not overly expensive.

We are interested in trying other products, however, this solution was pushed by the vendor.

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller.

I'd rate this solution at an eight out of ten. We've largely been happy with it overall.

Download our free Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) Protection Report and find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, NETSCOUT, Radware, and more!