Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Overview

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Firewall Security Management tools. It is most often compared to Fortinet FortiManager: Fortinet FortiGate Cloud vs Fortinet FortiManager

What is Fortinet FortiGate Cloud?

FortiCloud can help with your wireless and security challenges in a number of ways. Our solution addresses common IT difficulties including time-consuming provisioning, high investment costs, complex management, vulnerability to advanced threats, and the need to easily scale with growth.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is also known as FortiCloud, FortiGate Cloud .

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiGate Cloud pricing:
  • "The pricing is mid-ranged, it's not very expensive but it's not the cheapest or most affordable in the market."
  • "The license does not include many of the features that are necessary, which means that you have to pay extra for them."
  • "The price is over $1,000 USD annually."

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Reviews

Sevan Chandra
Technical Lead at Nubewell
Integrator
Jun 19, 2020
Easy to use, good load balancing, and offers the potential to scale

• "The solution is quite stable. I haven't had issues with it crashing on me. I don't recall running into any bugs or glitches. It's very reliable so far."
  • "When it comes to technical support, the problem we have found is that if an issue comes, it takes a day to get everything resolved. It could be faster. They can be better at optimizing how they answer tickets in terms of response times. There must be ways to make the process more streamlined. It would make it easier for their clients."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a user of the solution; I don't have a relationship to Fortigate. I'm not a reseller or integrator. I don't really have specific advice for other companies considering trying it, however, I think they would enjoy using the product. In terms of stability and ease of use, it's great. It's not complex at all. It's an approachable product. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd give it a perfect ten out of ten if we could get more leverage in terms of automation and integration. We'd really like to leverage automation resources in the future.
reviewer1395546
Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Aug 12, 2020
Easy to use with good support, but reporting needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers who provide this solution to customers who require a firewall.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the stability, it's actually tailored for that."
  • "Reporting is an area that can be enhanced."

What other advice do I have?

When you have FortiGate, you subscribe to the FortiCloud in order to have certain intelligence. This solution is good but there are many areas that need improvements. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Amazon and others in Firewall Security Management. Updated: February 2021.
465,836 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer907905
Founder at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
Sep 19, 2020
Easy to learn and use, with good support, but the initial setup should be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the basic protection of the on-premises network.

• "It's quite easy to use, and it's easy to find the necessary information from the web."
  • "We need some integration or communication between the endpoint and the firewall."

What other advice do I have?

If you are new to Fortinet, do some research on how to configure it, either through documentation or watching videos. Recently, I have learned that they have training available and offer certification material and testing on the web. I would rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud a seven out of ten.
reviewer1295022
Information Technology Assistant at a manufacturing company
Feb 23, 2020
Very stable, easy to set up, and easy to implement reporting

What is our primary use case?

Fortinet is what we use for our firewall and we get reports from FortiCloud. We use those to see the state of our network. We generally use it for reporting purposes whereby we see what's happening on our network at the end of each day or week.

• "It's easy to use and the fact that I can schedule the report to come to my inbox at set times is very convenient for me."
  • "The solution should allow users to keep the data for longer than the current periods. I can't get any historic data after more than a month. I would like to be able to, after a year, look for trends from the past 12 months. It would make things much easier."

What other advice do I have?

We use the latest version of the solution. I'd recommend the solution. It's working really well for us and is completely meeting our expectations. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
reviewer1480359
CEO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jan 10, 2021
Stable with good functionality and good pricing

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used as a firewall. We use it as a next generation firewall, however, not SD-WAN, at least, not regularly.

• "The functionality of the solution is excellent."
  • "The command-line interface could definitely be improved in future iterations. It's lacking right now."

What other advice do I have?

We're Fortigate service providers. I'm not a technician and therefore I don't use the solution on a day to day basis. That said, I would recommend it to other organizations. It's been reliable and works well for us. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at a nine.
GireeshRamamurthy
Principal Consultant at Epitome Infotech Solutions (P) Ltd
Dec 31, 2019
Security is improved through sandbox features and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is one of the solutions that I provide to my customers. I am familiar with Sandboxing services and some of the other features. This solution is mainly used for securing events.

• "The sandboxing feature is very important."
  • "I would like to see a SIEM bundled together with this because customers are looking into better reporting and more proactive security solutions."

What other advice do I have?

FortiCloud helps to enhance the security posture of any organization, and I definitely recommend looking into it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
BerryDe Jong
Company Owner at BCMC
Dec 16, 2019
Easy to use and stable with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for configuration management and network management.

• "The solution is very easy to use."
  • "There are European and US clouds and sometimes we mix them up. The solution should make determining the clouds more clear, or make one cloud instead of having separate ones."

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution fairly regularly, on a daily basis. We're partners and resellers of the solution. I'd recommend the solution. It's very good. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
PauloFelix
Diretor Comercial at Secmon
Feb 21, 2021
Stable, scales well, good support, and provides important security for our customers

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and we integrate Fortinet solutions for our clients. Our customers use this technology as part of their network infrastructure. For example, it is responsible for connecting university campuses together.

What is most valuable?

Our customers implement this solution so that they can be assured of security in their environment.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with other technologies.

The stability is very good.

One of our clients has approximately 5,000 users.

The technical support from Fortinet Brazil is very good. They provide…
See 2 more Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Reviews