GireeshRamamurthy
Principal Consultant at Epitome Infotech Solutions (P) Ltd
Security is improved through sandbox features and the technical support is good

• "The sandboxing feature is very important."
  • "I would like to see a SIEM bundled together with this because customers are looking into better reporting and more proactive security solutions."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is one of the solutions that I provide to my customers.

I am familiar with Sandboxing services and some of the other features. This solution is mainly used for securing events.

What is most valuable?

The sandboxing feature is very important.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, it would benefit this solution to have more advanced monitoring capabilities such as predictive analysis and reporting.

I have been using FortiCloud for five or six years.

We have not come across any problems with stability.

With respect to scalability, we have had no problems whatsoever.

We have been in contact with the Fortinet technical support a couple of times, although it has been for hardware-related issues and had nothing to do with our configuration. One of our customers had hardware that was failing quite often.

The technical support is pretty good and so far, we have no complaints.

This initial setup is pretty straightforward. I don't think that it is complex.

The entire firewall implementation will take a couple of days, maximum. This is with everything, all together.

Some of our customers purchase yearly licenses, while others purchase subscriptions that are three years in length. The price is over $1,000 USD annually.

What other advice do I have?

FortiCloud helps to enhance the security posture of any organization, and I definitely recommend looking into it.

BerryDe Jong
Company Owner at BCMC
Reseller
Easy to use and stable with good technical support

• "The solution is very easy to use."
  • "There are European and US clouds and sometimes we mix them up. The solution should make determining the clouds more clear, or make one cloud instead of having separate ones."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for configuration management and network management.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

The technical support is very good. You only need to have a good internet connection in order to use it.

What needs improvement?

When you login to Forticloud you get directed to the Global site, even if you are based in Europe and you have to switch manually to the European site which can be confusing when you are not familiar to Forticloud, especially in the beginning and when you want to setup your first device. This should be more like a question when you log in, are you based in the US or are you based in Europe?

Pretty straight forward

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is fairly scalable. You can add and remove products yourself. Right now we have four users on it. At this time, we don't plan to increase usage.

Technical support is good if you ask the right questions. If you are specific, you'll be able to go straight through to the correct level of support.

We did not previously use a different solution.  We've been very satisfied with this service and don't plan to change.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution fairly regularly, on a daily basis. We're partners and resellers of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution. It's very good.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Amazon, Palo Alto Networks and others in Firewall Security Management. Updated: November 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SE
Network Security Engineer at a tech company with 201-500 employees
Protection which makes IT life simpler and easier to manage

What is our primary use case?

Mostly, we use the solution as a preemptive firewall for protection of most of the Active Directories, Azure, our main servers that we migrated and web application servers, those moved to the cloud.  The main purpose of this cloud solution is too greatly simplify IT life, as it does in every facet. It also make things easier to manage.

What needs improvement?

Everything related to the graphical user interface should be improved.

We have been using and integrating Fortinet FortiGate Cloud for around two years.

There is no need to improve technical support.

When the template is used deployment takes less than two minutes.…

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

Everything related to the graphical user interface should be improved.

There is no need to improve technical support.

When the template is used deployment takes less than two minutes. What is nice about the template is that it provides FortiGate with load balancer capabilities, with the input and output rules relating to it. This will save time from being wasted on load balancing. In contrast, Azure requires that a load balancer be created between two or three VMs. The template provides all of these features, meaning that there is no need to do anything extra. It will create everything by default. The Azure template, not so much.

We are both users and integrators of the solution.

As with us, our customers need not pay for a license. One brings one's own.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others.

I rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud as an eight out of ten.

PauloFelix
Diretor Comercial at Secmon
Stable, scales well, good support, and provides important security for our customers

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and we integrate Fortinet solutions for our clients. Our customers use this technology as part of their network infrastructure. For example, it is responsible for connecting university campuses together.

What is most valuable?

Our customers implement this solution so that they can be assured of security in their environment.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with other technologies.

The stability is very good.

One of our clients has approximately 5,000 users.

The technical support from Fortinet Brazil is very good. They provide…

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and we integrate Fortinet solutions for our clients.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with other technologies.

The stability is very good.

One of our clients has approximately 5,000 users.

The technical support from Fortinet Brazil is very good. They provide extra support for partners and they provide us with great reports.

The initial setup is complex because the customer is using several technologies, and it is a matter of security. A typical deployment will take between three and four months.

The choice of deployment model, whether public or private cloud, depends on the customer.

We have an in-house team for deployment and maintenance. We have engineers on staff.

What other advice do I have?

We implement many different Fortinet products for our customers including FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, and FortiOS. In the future, we are planning on working with FortiSIEM.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

NE
Technical Lead at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Flexible, secure, good technical support, and straightforward installation

• "I have found the SD-WAN, flexibility, and security the most valuable features."
  • "Fortinet could improve FortiGate Cloud by providing better integration with third-party applications and features."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution cloud-based platform to manage our networks.

How has it helped my organization?

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud has improved our organization's branches by providing overall better connectivity and security for all our networks.

What is most valuable?

I have found the SD-WAN, flexibility, and security the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Fortinet could improve FortiGate Cloud by providing better integration with third-party applications and features.

I have been using this solution within the past 12 months.

The stability is good.

We have approximately 10 people using the FortiGate cloud.

The technical support is very good in my experience.

The initial setup was easy.

We have a team of four people that does the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

When comparing this solution to others it is less expensive and there is an annual license required.

What other advice do I have?

There are different options available and it is important to choose a package that fits your use case. Overall this is a great solution.

I rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Masahiro Nakajima
CEO at Irvine Systems
Offers very good network performance and efficiency

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to protect our office facilities. We have it deployed on a couple of hundred devices and we have about 30 users. We are customers of Fortinet and I'm the CEO.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good network performance and efficiency.

What needs improvement?

We had a problem with external attacks in the previous solution we were using so I'd always like to see additional security around that problem.

I've been using this solution for six months.

The solution is very stable.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good network performance and efficiency.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for six months.

The solution is very stable.

Fortinet has very comprehensive documentation, so we haven't communicated with technical support.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward and took us a couple of days. We did it ourselves and once it was up and running, everything went smoothly.

We pay a one-off licensing fee and an installation license. It's all-inclusive.

What other advice do I have?

We introduced FortiGate to our customers because we know it works properly and our customers are satisfied with it. We don't have any concerns about the product.

I rate the solution nine out of 10.

Matt Watt
Owner at Quantum Logic Inc.
Very good for remote users

• "The solution works well for remote or branch offices."
  • "Some configuration changes would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We've implemented this solution for our clients.

We are customers of Fortinet and I'm the company owner.

What is most valuable?

The solution works well for remote or branch offices with unlimited links. That's where we've found the most benefit.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some configuration changes. The speed seems to be a little better than it was previously but it could still be improved. I'd also like to see a little more provisioning or training on the different scenarios and functions and features. And obviously the price point; it's a tough market out there these days, so for some of our smaller customers the price is quite steep.

We have contacted support a couple of times and they're pretty good. It takes a little while to get hold of them but once you do, they're very knowledgeable and they're helpful. We got bounced around for a while so it took time to get to somebody that could actually answer our question as opposed to continually being redirected. We were on site with our clients and it took us a couple of hours to make contact. It wasn't critical.

AR
Chief Operating Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Ability to manage everything from cloud but usability and setup improvement needed

• "The ability to manage everything from the cloud is going to be the most valuable by far with this solution."
  • "Currently with the solution, if you want to manage more than one FortiGate you have to use a VM, and a VM can control up to 10."

How has it helped my organization?

We are using the solution to be able to manage everything from the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The ability to manage everything from the cloud is going to be the most valuable by far with this solution.

What needs improvement?

Currently with the solution, if you want to manage more than one FortiGate you have to use a VM, and a VM can control up to 10. You need to have a license for each one and it is confusing. Other solutions like Meraki is much more seamless. Easier usability and improving their WebDewey would benefit also.

I have been using the solution for a couple of months.

The overall setup was complex.

It will take us six weeks to implement 20 sites.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud a six out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Firewall Security Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Amazon, Palo Alto Networks, and more!