Fortinet FortiGate Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Firewall Security Management tools. It is most often compared to Fortinet FortiManager: Fortinet FortiGate Cloud vs Fortinet FortiManager

What is Fortinet FortiGate Cloud?

FortiCloud can help with your wireless and security challenges in a number of ways. Our solution addresses common IT difficulties including time-consuming provisioning, high investment costs, complex management, vulnerability to advanced threats, and the need to easily scale with growth.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is also known as FortiCloud, FortiGate Cloud .

Download the Firewall Security Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiGate Cloud pricing:
  • "The pricing is competitive."
  • "The pricing is mid-ranged, it's not very expensive but it's not the cheapest or most affordable in the market."
  • "The license does not include many of the features that are necessary, which means that you have to pay extra for them."
  • "The price is over $1,000 USD annually."

TP
Assistant General Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Available hardware and responsive service, but there should be a move towards hardware agnostic appliances

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases are twofold, being to secure our own company network and to create an offering for our end customers.

• "We like the availability of the hardware and the service that we get from FortiGate, as well as the kind of reach that they have as a part of their sales folks."
  • "Things are moving increasingly towards hardware agnostic appliances, an area in which I would like Fortinet to be more focused and fast moving with that product line."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to someone who is looking for a faster, more responsive, cost competitive and agile delivery for the equipment. In this geography hierarchy, the sales team is pretty much geared up to support you. The priorities can vary from one organization to the next. Based on those that we set for ourselves, we felt our needs to be met and this is why we chose to go with the solution. I rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud as a seven out of ten.
Sevan Chandra
Technical Lead at Nubewell
Integrator
Easy to use, good load balancing, and offers the potential to scale

• "The solution is quite stable. I haven't had issues with it crashing on me. I don't recall running into any bugs or glitches. It's very reliable so far."
  • "When it comes to technical support, the problem we have found is that if an issue comes, it takes a day to get everything resolved. It could be faster. They can be better at optimizing how they answer tickets in terms of response times. There must be ways to make the process more streamlined. It would make it easier for their clients."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a user of the solution; I don't have a relationship to Fortigate. I'm not a reseller or integrator. I don't really have specific advice for other companies considering trying it, however, I think they would enjoy using the product. In terms of stability and ease of use, it's great. It's not complex at all. It's an approachable product. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd give it a perfect ten out of ten if we could get more leverage in terms of automation and integration. We'd really like to leverage automation resources in the future.
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Amazon, Palo Alto Networks and others in Firewall Security Management. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SS
Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
MSP
Easy to use with good support, but reporting needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers who provide this solution to customers who require a firewall.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the stability, it's actually tailored for that."
  • "Reporting is an area that can be enhanced."

What other advice do I have?

When you have FortiGate, you subscribe to the FortiCloud in order to have certain intelligence. This solution is good but there are many areas that need improvements. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
JR
Senior Security Architect for Medical Devices at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Good GUI with well-documented basic features and the capability to scale

• "The installation is very simple."
  • "As with any IT vendor, there are software issues."

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user. We are not a partner and don't have a business relationship with Fortinet. We have quite a mix of deployments. We have some FortiGates deployed in Azure, we have some FortiGates that are hardware only, and then we have some FortiGates that are on EFX or vSphere. I would recommend the solution to other users and companies. I'd rate the product at a seven out of ten. mostly due to the lackluster support on offer.
AW
Founder at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
Easy to learn and use, with good support, but the initial setup should be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the basic protection of the on-premises network.

• "It's quite easy to use, and it's easy to find the necessary information from the web."
  • "We need some integration or communication between the endpoint and the firewall."

What other advice do I have?

If you are new to Fortinet, do some research on how to configure it, either through documentation or watching videos. Recently, I have learned that they have training available and offer certification material and testing on the web. I would rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud a seven out of ten.
MF
Information Technology Assistant at a manufacturing company
Very stable, easy to set up, and easy to implement reporting

What is our primary use case?

Fortinet is what we use for our firewall and we get reports from FortiCloud. We use those to see the state of our network. We generally use it for reporting purposes whereby we see what's happening on our network at the end of each day or week.

• "It's easy to use and the fact that I can schedule the report to come to my inbox at set times is very convenient for me."
  • "The solution should allow users to keep the data for longer than the current periods. I can't get any historic data after more than a month. I would like to be able to, after a year, look for trends from the past 12 months. It would make things much easier."

What other advice do I have?

We use the latest version of the solution. I'd recommend the solution. It's working really well for us and is completely meeting our expectations. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
MH
CEO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Stable with good functionality and good pricing

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used as a firewall. We use it as a next generation firewall, however, not SD-WAN, at least, not regularly.

• "The functionality of the solution is excellent."
  • "The command-line interface could definitely be improved in future iterations. It's lacking right now."

What other advice do I have?

We're Fortigate service providers. I'm not a technician and therefore I don't use the solution on a day to day basis. That said, I would recommend it to other organizations. It's been reliable and works well for us. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at a nine.
GireeshRamamurthy
Principal Consultant at Epitome Infotech Solutions (P) Ltd
Security is improved through sandbox features and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is one of the solutions that I provide to my customers. I am familiar with Sandboxing services and some of the other features. This solution is mainly used for securing events.

• "The sandboxing feature is very important."
  • "I would like to see a SIEM bundled together with this because customers are looking into better reporting and more proactive security solutions."

What other advice do I have?

FortiCloud helps to enhance the security posture of any organization, and I definitely recommend looking into it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 8 more Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Reviews