Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Overview

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Email tools. It is most often compared to Fortinet FortiMail: Fortinet FortiMail Cloud vs Fortinet FortiMail

What is Fortinet FortiMail Cloud?

Email has long been a favorite attack vector of cyber criminals and is often an early stage of advanced threats. But not only do you need to keep threats from getting in, you need to keep data from getting out. Fortinet’s email security solution has the highly effective, yet easy to use inbound and outbound protection you need. It comes in a large range of offerings to fit any size organization or service provider. Plus, unmatched flexibility in deployment modes and form factors means it fits perfectly in any environment.

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiMail Cloud pricing:
  • "A license for our company using FortiMail and FortiCare (filtering and support) was $4000."
  • "The licensing is for three years. In the beginning, we did not pay monthly, it was paid once for three years."
  • "It's on a subscribed basis."
  • "You only have to purchase one license for multiple participants."
  • "It should cost around $60,000. We bought it as a bundle, so everything comes together in the license. That is standard."
  • "The price of this solution could be more competitive."
  • "When we're talking about pricing, other products have about the same price. That is normal."

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Reviews

Imad Awwad
Group IT Manager For ME Region at Malia Group
Dec 22, 2019
Reliable email filtering and security that functions and learns at a high level

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for spam filtering and as a second layer of filtering for Office 365. I use it for encrypting emails and monitoring all emails that have sensitive data and policies are applied there as well. In addition to having it as a user portal for spam emails and quarantined emails, users can manage their spam, their quarantined emails, and whether they want an address on the blacklist or the white list. Our security department is responsible for all emails that are quarantined by the system so they are monitored. There is two-way communication — not just one way — and FortiMail is… more »

• "This is a solid email monitoring and security system that learns and maintains a two-way dialog with email system administrators."
  • "The product could be improved by extending reporting tools and adding options for notification."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I recommend this solution to other people. But in addition, I recommend a few additional steps before just accepting a recommendation. First, they should do a POC (proof of concept). Taking the time to do this is one of the main reasons that will motivate you either to choose a product or not based on actually evaluating if the solution can do what you need it to do. Next, evaluate the reputation. By this, I don't mean to look at what people are saying who are using the product in discussion forums but to take a look at the market itself. You want to see what the company's future is…
LucaTurano
IT Manager with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 21, 2020
Good antivirus and antispam capability that is easy to manage

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for managing spam and viruses in email. We are also using it to send out mail. All of the mail is sent to FortiMailer. FortiMail manages the mail and sends the mail to the main system inside of the company. We have approximately 400 email accounts.

• "If there is a problem somewhere Fortinet can act on it immediately. That is very important."
  • "The setup of the rules can be improved. I think it should be simplified and would be the best improvement in the system."

What other advice do I have?

You can concentrate on the rules and not on what is inside the system because all is managed from Fortinet. Fortinet has a large network that monitors the system around the world. If there is a problem somewhere Fortinet can act on it immediately. That is very important. This solution is good for me. I think the development that I see was enough, but at times it can be too much. Because it is on the cloud it is automatically managed by Fortinet. It is a good solution and a good choice. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiMail Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mahmoud Salaheldin
Security Unit Manager at EEMC
Sep 27, 2019
Protects us from malicious emails and scales as we grow

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases for this solution are for Anti-Spam, email security, and email ATP.

• "The most valuable features are email ATB and Malware Analysis."
  • "The URL filtering and handling should be enhanced because it doesn't support all languages. I believe that this would be easy to enhance in the future."

What other advice do I have?

No one will do the installation or implementation for FortiMail, as it will be done by the vendors. Fortinet will do the installation and the implementation, this is the email security, not the email itself. If you have an email like Gmail for example, and you want to apply security layers to secure your Gmail mailbox, you would have to contact Fortinet and they would ask you a series of questions and ask for your email parameters and your email server, then they would redirect your mail to Fortinet to evaluate the traffic, then back to your mailbox. Nothing is done on your side, it's all done…
Kostiantyn_Frolov
Pre-sales Engineer at TALAN SYSTEMS
Jan 29, 2020
Low price and integrates well with other Fortinet solutions but the initial setup is complex

What is our primary use case?

I work for an IT Technical company and I sell this solution to other companies.

• "The most valuable features are the low price and its ability to integrate with other Fortinet products."
  • "The downside of this solution is that it is difficult to implement policies on FortiMail."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution and others based on my customer's needs. I would rate FortiMail a seven out of ten.
Ken Murimi Murungi
Network Security Manager at xtranet
Oct 31, 2019
Good encryption for email security that protects the network

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for email security. We have both on-premises and cloud versions.

• "The encryption features are most valuable to us."
  • "I've not been able to use more than two domains in the back end. I like to view logs for the different domains. If I add any other domain I'm not able to get a proper cPanel for that domain. I am talking about the login factors. I'm not able to see logs for different domains in a different Window. Basically, it's an issue in the login process."

What other advice do I have?

From my experience, this tool is able to protect the network. I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate it as nine out of ten.
ReonSmith
Technical Operations Manager at Turrito Networks
Oct 27, 2019
Good advanced threat protection, stable, and easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is the security of email.

• "The most valuable feature is the advanced threat protection."
  • "I would like to see more advanced sandbox features, where you can actually download to a machine where you can test."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone who is implementing this solution is to make sure that it is always kept up to date with the latest in threat protection. That is the most important thing. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
AbdelfattahHaimour
Director of Information Security and Infrastructure at Iraqi Islamic Bank
Leaderboard
Oct 3, 2019
Reliable and professional mitigation center to handle incidents and risks

What is our primary use case?

We use the on premises version.

• "The implementation was very professional. There are a lot of features I can get through Fortinet and FortiMail, such as security. FortiGuard is the most reliable and professional mitigation center to handle incidents and risk that I have to face."
  • "The dashboard could use improvement."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it as nine out of ten.
RimvydasSlapsinskas
Network Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jan 28, 2020
Good antispam and URL analysis features help protect our network

What is our primary use case?

FortiMail Cloud is part of our network security and DLP solution. We primarily use it for email protection, including antispam.

• "FortiMail Cloud is very fast."
  • "Networking should be simplified."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to first ask what you want from your network and from your resources. Decide what it is what you want to achieve and then design your solution. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
See 2 more Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Reviews