Sudeep Maydeo
Senior Manager IT at Tata International Limited
Feature-rich and secure UTM box with fantastic support

• "The information security features are the most valuable."
  • "It would be great if they can push the Microsoft updates through Fortinet OS and provide a centralized patch management system. They should also include the data loss prevention (DLP) and data leakage prevention features. They could also add network monitoring more effectively."

What is our primary use case?

We're using it for web filtering, intrusion prevention system (IPS), intrusion detection system (IDS), and VPN. We are also using it as DSCP.

What is most valuable?

The information security features are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if they can push the Microsoft updates through Fortinet OS and provide a centralized patch management system.

They should also include the data loss prevention (DLP) and data leakage prevention features. They could also add network monitoring more effectively.

We have been using Fortinet FortiOS for nearly seven years.

It is very much stable.

It is very scalable. We have a global presence in more than 23 countries.

We are satisfied with the support. They provide fantastic support. They provide online support, and on priority, they also provide a remote session.

It is extremely easy to set up.

We deployed it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

This particular solution will be in a firewall. It's not a firewall, but it is a unified threat management (UTM) box. It acts as a firewall, plus it has many features like web filtering, VPN, DSCP, IPS, and IDS. It also has the high availability (HA) feature. You are getting a very good solution with all these features combined into one box.

I would rate Fortinet FortiOS a nine out of ten. We will surely keep using Fortinet FortiOS because it is a great and very secure product. We intend to only go with this product.

Vincent Gonzales
Senior Network & Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to manage, effective intrusion prevention, and useful geographical visibility

• "The main features I find useful are intrusion prevention and web filtering. Additionally, the solution is easy to manage."
  • "The solution could improve the log retention and reports."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Fortinet FortiOS in conjunction with a firewall for our network security.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped our organization prevent multiple attacks. It has been beneficial having geographical visibility of what threat is being blocked in real-time.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve the log retention and reports.

I have been using Fortinet FortiOS for approximately eight years.

The solution is stable.

Fortinet FortiOS is scalable.

We have different size organizations using this solution and when determining if it fits the organization's it depends on their use case.

We have been satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I have found Fortinet FortiOS to be a good investment.

The price of Fortinet FortiOS has been reasonable.

We have evaluated other solutions, such as SonicWall, Palo Alto, Cyberoam, and Check Point before choosing Fortinet FortiOS.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Fortinet FortiOS a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementor
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiOS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
HK
Software Development Specialist at Unicomp Information Co. Ltd.
Reseller
Useful web security, stable, and helpful support

What is our primary use case?

We are using Fortinet FortiOS for our multi-level security. For example, we use the SD-WAN feature to protect our data center infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

There are many useful features, such as web security and advanced threat detection.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by making the dashboard easier to use.

I have been using Fortinet FortiOS for approximately 10 years.

The solution is reliable and stable.

The solution is scalable.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by making the dashboard easier to use.

I have been using Fortinet FortiOS for approximately 10 years.

The solution is reliable and stable.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support has been very helpful and they have local language support for Taiwan.

The installation was straightforward.

There is a license required for the solution and the price is fair.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Fortinet FortiOS an eight out of ten.

AA
Manager IT at wintac
Stable, beneficial firewall and overall management

What is our primary use case?

We use Fortinet FortiOS to control all the security and networking capabilities in all our FortiGates devices across our entire network.

What is most valuable?

Firewall and overall management are valuable features. They are a leader in the market.

What needs improvement?

The reporting and monitoring could improve, they have a lot of limitations. The monitoring is not easy compared to the other firewall.

I have been using this solution within the past 12 months.

The solution is stable.

I have used Palo Alto solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Fortinet FortiOS a nine out of ten.

Which deployment

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution within the past 12 months.

The solution is stable.

I have used Palo Alto solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Fortinet FortiOS a nine out of ten.

Product Categories
Firewalls
Download our free Fortinet FortiOS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.