Fortinet FortiPortal OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiPortal is #8 ranked solution in top Firewall Security Management tools. IT Central Station users give Fortinet FortiPortal an average rating of 10 out of 10. Fortinet FortiPortal is most commonly compared to Fortinet FortiGate Cloud:Fortinet FortiPortal vs Fortinet FortiGate Cloud. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 36% of all views.
What is Fortinet FortiPortal?

FortiPortal gives MSPs a comprehensive set of hosted Wi-Fi and security management features for FortiGate, FortiWiFi, and FortiAP products. With multitenancy, you can securely manage your customers through a centralized management console. This lets you respond quickly to customer requests and easily monitor customer networks. Our virtual appliance can be deployed on a hosted services infrastructure, allowing you to build highly-customized private-cloud services for customers.

Fortinet FortiPortal is also known as FortiPortal.

Download the Firewall Security Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Fortinet FortiPortal Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiPortal Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiPortal pricing:
  • "Fortinet FortiPortal is relatively expensive, but being an industry-leading firewall, it does come with a cost."
  • "The price of the solution is reasonable."

Fortinet FortiPortal Reviews

Daryl Tate
ICT Infrastructure Coordinator at Chairo Christian School
Good reporting on threats, an easy-to-use portal, with good support

• "I am very comfortable with it, including it's reporting on threats and through its activities."
  • "It's useful for us but if it had more educational reporting, it would good. It's not necessarily lacking but it's an area that could get better."

What is our primary use case?

It's our main firewall and security protection, for both our internal and external network.

What is most valuable?

It's very good. I am very comfortable with it, including it's reporting on threats and through its activities. Also, the portal is reasonably easy to use.

The model we have does everything we want. It is doing a good job at what it is.

What needs improvement?

We are in the education space. We use more specific education-based reporting. It's useful for us but if it had more educational reporting, it would good. It's not necessarily lacking but it's an area that could get better.

If we had more throughput requirements, a bigger model would be useful.

I have been using the latest version of Fortinet FortiPortal for 18 months.

It's a stable solution.

Originally there were a couple of little bugs, but with a software upgrade, we sorted that out very quickly.

It was just with the memory leakage, but they continue to improve it with updates, which comes free once you have the support arrangement on it.

It's scalable. We have two at this time. We have a hot reserve unit as well as a backup unit that we haven't had to use, which is good.

In our network, we have approximately 2,000 users who are using this solution.

At this stage, we plan to continue using it for at least another 18 months. After that, we will review the situation. Hopefully, it will still be fulfilling our needs. Currently, it's everything we need, which is fantastic.

We have had some technical support and it's been very good.

We have changed the way we are connecting to our appliances and they were very good at assisting us in the change of data throughput and the different technologies we are using.

Previously, we used another solution, but we didn't use a next-generation firewall. It was an earlier version firewall that was fairly limited.

Fortinet FortiPortal has been by far better with effectiveness and with functionality.

We thought that it might be complicated but it was pretty straightforward. It was quite easy.

It's a basic setup and they customized it a little bit for our particular traffic usage.

It took approximately four hours to install and deploy.

We have an IT team of eight to maintain this solution.

We engaged an IT professional to help with the installation, but it wasn't difficult to do.

It's licensed.

When we compared it with other firewall products, it still represented good value. We were quite happy with the value option on it.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I would recommend this solution.

Any medium to large organization would need to look at this product. It's quite good and provides a lot of performance, and it's very scalable.

As we grow, I am sure it will continue to be good for us.

I would rate Fortinet FortiPortal a nine out of ten.

GD
General Manager at Megpoint
Reseller
Simple installation, good customer service, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

We use Fortinet FortiPortal security management.

What is most valuable?

The documentation has been satisfactory.

What needs improvement?

Fortinet FortiPortal could improve by providing a learning portal and better security.

I have used Fortinet FortiPortal for approximately three years.

The stability could improve in the solution.

The technical support has been good.

The installation was straightforward, it took approximately two days.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I

What is our primary use case?

We use Fortinet FortiPortal security management.

What is most valuable?

The documentation has been satisfactory.

What needs improvement?

I have used Fortinet FortiPortal for approximately three years.

The stability could improve in the solution.

The technical support has been good.

The installation was straightforward, it took approximately two days.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Fortinet FortiPortal an eight out of ten.