Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps) Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Smadi Huthaifa
Network and Security Administrator at PETRA Engineering Industries Co.
Jul 07 2019

What is most valuable?

The comprehensive view of the dashboard and the attribute base interface and the flexibility of implementation methods.

How has it helped my organization?

FortiSIEM gives us a lot of valuable events and details by using a unified event-based framework to analyze all data including logs, performance monitoring data and provides a broad range of metrics.

What needs improvement?

The Fortinet Fabric should be more easy more friendly to use. They use a different parsing log format. for example Symantec ATP is not supported by FortiSIEM. Our reseller provided us FortiSIEM as a service. They should also provide us with… more»

They have a poor correlation. They didn't use any new concepts like Fortinet. They just display the logs as it is with no attribute base.

What other advice do I have?

The interface is easy to use but initial setup is not . The connector in the core has FortiSIEM support from the vendor. FortiSIEM supports a lot of vendors. It is a good product for us. I rank it as eight on a scale from one to ten… more»
Wander Menezes
Technical Lead at Arcon Labs at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Apr 29 2018

What is most valuable?

AccelOps can handle a lot of data and it's just so important to true monitoring. That is the strong point of AccelOps. The second one is detecting. I can create a lot of rules to detect anything I like, and this is another strong point. It's also the only SIEM platform on the market that has health… more»

How has it helped my organization?

The platform is nice. It is not easy to implement, but once you do so, there is a lot of value from the platform.

I used a solution previously. I switched because I needed evolving technology. I needed to evolve to smart features. The most important criteria when selecting a vendor is price. After that it's detection.

What other advice do I have?

I advise that you should plan your financial resources and plan the platform. Also, be sure to test the performance ability, as well as scalability.
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Splunk, AT&T and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: October 2019.
372,906 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ICTenterprserv67
Manager, ICT Enterprise Services at a government with 201-500 employees
Aug 20 2019

What is most valuable?

Analytics is the most valuable feature. The business service summaries in the dashboards and the correlations for the SIEM are also valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Their product support, in general, is not that great. The product support is in the same ecosystem. Their support is improving but it's not that great. It should also have better integration.

Licensing is a one time cost. If you want to enable different modules then there will be additional costs.

We didn't previously use another SIEM solution.

What other advice do I have?

Properly review this solution and your requirements. See how it will scale up to cloud requirements. Cloud technologies are becoming more prominent and you should see how you will be able to manage it with this tool. It's a good product but… more»
Mohamed H Yassim
Network Security Engineer at Spectrotel
Jun 15 2019

How has it helped my organization?

This solution allows us to ingest syslogs from Fortinet firewalls and other products into what we call FortiSIEM. This is a processor that correlates it with the event types and incidents. It gives us the opportunity to generate… more»

What needs improvement?

The backup and recovery process for this solution needs improvement. I would like to see a database with more structure in terms of maintenance and ease of use. The process of creating is much simpler than that of duplication. The… more»

We bought the perpetual license, so we own the product, but there is a three-year support renewal fee for that.

What other advice do I have?

We are very impressed with this product. However, they have to fix their backup and recovery procedure and provide a good DR service without charging for a secondary license. I would rate this solution a seven and a half out of ten.

We did evaluate Splunk before choosing this solution, but it was too much on the high end for our business model.
Solutions Consultant at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Sep 19 2019

What is most valuable?

Both the collecting logs and duo correlation are valuable features for us. Fortinet also offers very good pricing. Their pricing is incredible.

What needs improvement?

The support of the product changed recently, and I don't think it's for the better. They should work to improve the support they offer to clients. They also have to improve their import perfection solution.

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model. I like the product, and I would recommend it, but I much prefer Splunk. The beautiful thing about Fortinet is that they have integrated many, many solutions. Their platform is very powerful. In the case of the customer, if he decides to choose Fortinet… more»

I did not evaluate other options; this solution was the decision of the customer. However, in the past, I have evaluated and worked with Splunk and IBM.
Systeng67
System Engineer / Network Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Aug 23 2019

What is most valuable?

The solution has an all-in-one approach. We buy one product and everything our customer needs is included. He doesn't have to pay any additional licenses to get more functionality, so everything is there and if we have to do any adjustments, it's also done very quickly and easily.

What needs improvement?

The solution can't be improved, but it can be managed more clearly. The solution just needs minor improvements. I'm quite sure Fortinet is already working on this. They could work on their documentation. If there's anything about the solution that needs improvement, it's that. For example… more»

If we do an overall comparison with other products and also count additional licenses, which are necessary for other products, then the prices are comparative. If we just leave it at base prices, for example, Splunk: Splunk is cheaper, but if you also count the price for licenses, reports, and other… more»

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution nine out of ten. Our clients have been very happy with the solution.
ICT Architect at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Aug 14 2019

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the dashboard. CMDB database collects data from a lot of pre-configured devices.

What needs improvement?

The performance can be improved. Sometimes it takes a long time to fetch data.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. They should implement better behavior monitoring features to make it a perfect ten. It should also have better integration with their own products. They have a lot of interfaces for other products but it's not so easy to integrate their own devices. I would recommend this solution to someone considering it.
Reseller
Security Team Leader at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Mar 20 2019

What do you think of Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps)?

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and we resell this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Some of our customers who use this solution have seen improvement in their connection with load balancing on both connections.

What needs improvement?

Our customers are noticing configuration available in the GUI interface and I think that they should be equal.

Stability and scalability are perfect.

The initial setup wasn't complex. It took three days to deploy and we required two people for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. The configuration should be equal with the GUI interface.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps)

372,906 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps) Questions

What is Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps)?

FortiSIEM (formerly AccelOps 4) provides an actionable security intelligence platform to monitor security, performance and compliance through a single pane of glass.

Companies around the world use FortiSIEM for the following use cases:

• Threat management and intelligence that provide situational awareness and anomaly detection
  • Alleviating compliance mandate concerns for PCI, HIPAA and SOX
  • Managing “alert overload”
  • Handling the “too many tools” reporting issue
  • Addressing the MSPs/MSSPs pain of meeting service level agreements
Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps) customers

FortiSIEM has hundreds of customers worldwide in markets including managed services, technology, financial services, healthcare, and government. Customers include Aruba Networks, Compushare, Port of San Diego, Cleveland Indians, Infoblox, Healthways, and Referentia.

Read Archived Reviews