Fortinet FortiSIEM Overview

Fortinet FortiSIEM is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. It is most often compared to Splunk: Fortinet FortiSIEM vs Splunk

What is Fortinet FortiSIEM?

FortiSIEM (formerly AccelOps 4) provides an actionable security intelligence platform to monitor security, performance and compliance through a single pane of glass.

Companies around the world use FortiSIEM for the following use cases:

• Threat management and intelligence that provide situational awareness and anomaly detection
  • Alleviating compliance mandate concerns for PCI, HIPAA and SOX
  • Managing “alert overload”
  • Handling the “too many tools” reporting issue
  • Addressing the MSPs/MSSPs pain of meeting service level agreements

Fortinet FortiSIEM is also known as FortiSIEM, AccelOps.

Fortinet FortiSIEM Buyer's Guide

Download the Fortinet FortiSIEM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Fortinet FortiSIEM Customers

FortiSIEM has hundreds of customers worldwide in markets including managed services, technology, financial services, healthcare, and government. Customers include Aruba Networks, Compushare, Port of San Diego, Cleveland Indians, Infoblox, Healthways, and Referentia.

Fortinet FortiSIEM Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiSIEM pricing:
  • "Its price can be better. We are Fortinet partners, so we can get discounts, but its price can be an issue at the beginning for others. There is a licensing scheme for every case. There are three licensing schemes that we can choose from."
  • "We bought the perpetual license, so we own the product, but there is a three-year support renewal fee for that."

MarioBrito
Pre-Sales Cybersecurity Solutions at ECSSA El Salvador
Reseller
Feb 10, 2021
Allows us to combine SOC and NOC operations and has good reports, integrations, and support

What is our primary use case?

We are an enterprise that resells services. We are like a small MSSP for Salvador and Central America region. We provide services to other enterprises. Our clients have multiple use cases. Its most common use case to detect logging events from different IP addresses or locations. It is used to detect simultaneous logins by the same user from different IP addresses or locations, such as from different countries. It is also used to detect any attempts to log in to a server with root privilege and trying remote access with root privileges.

• "One of the most valuable features is that we can combine SOC and NOC operations in the same tool. We can provide NOC and SOC services in the same tool for two separate teams. There are plenty of third-party solutions that integrate with FortiSIEM. All these solutions already have a ready integration, and we have the possibility to create a custom connector for these solutions. Its reports are also very good."
  • "Its training can be improved. Its price also needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to start small and plan for future growth. I would rate Fortinet FortiSIEM an eight out of ten.
JoshuaGardner
IT Executive: Operations & Security at Icon Information Systems (Pty) Ltd
Nov 13, 2019
The performance is very good, and it is extremely scalable

What is our primary use case?

We run a Manage Security Services company and we use it in-house and for some of our clients. The service is a multitenant platform where our clients can log on to view and access various security-related activities and features. In more ways, it becomes like a cloud solution to them. We make use of a secure connection from the clients’ networks using collectors located on their premises back to our centralized SIEM platform.

• "To add workers and even collectors is pretty easy."
  • "The dashboard needs to improve."

What other advice do I have?

We use an on-premises deployment model from our perspective and a hybrid model from a customer/user perspective. I will recommend this solution to others out there looking for a SIEM solution. I've already done a few events we were talk about FortiSIEM and its advantages. I do, however, think the main dashboard where you create and design your graphs could do with some improvement improved. On a scale from 1 to 10, I will rate this solution an 8 to ensure there’s continuous improvement.
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiSIEM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
476,892 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SC
reviewer1497699
Partner at a security firm with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Feb 14, 2021
Good network monitoring with excellent scalability and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for network and security monitoring.

• "The stability is very reliable. It offers very good performance."
  • "The policy editing should be easier. Right now, it's too hard."

What other advice do I have?

We are actually a reseller service company and we are dealing with the solutions for our customers. We are using the SIEM solutions. We are not a user, we are a reseller. We have many customers. Not all may be using the latest version of the solution. I would recommend the solution. In general, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
Smadi Huthaifa
Network and Security Administrator at PETRA Engineering Industries Co.
Jul 7, 2019
Hybrid Fortinet Fabric Solutions with a comprehensive view for all Fortinet products and a little support for other vendors

What is our primary use case?

We're using FortiSIEM as the main metadata server for all the security and infrastructure devices. We integrate a lot of nodes, switches, firewalls, and sandboxes with it to gain and covers performance, availability, change, and security monitoring aspects of network devices, servers, and applications.

• "The interface is very easy to use. The connector in the core has FortiSIEM support from the vendor."
  • "The nodes on our network did not comply with the SIEM solution. They use a different format parking log."

What other advice do I have?

The interface is easy to use but initial setup is not . The connector in the core has FortiSIEM support from the vendor. FortiSIEM supports a lot of vendors. It is a good product for us. I rank it as eight on a scale from one to ten. because It doesn't support a lot of vendors and also the FortiSIEM still not common to use with fortinet partner maybe they doesn't give adequate training.
AK
reviewer1051230
Asst Programmer Data Center at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Aug 4, 2020
Stable and pretty affordable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for all of our cloud space and for firewalls,and AWS security services etc., for example, for the email, Cloud watch and AWS security HUB

• "We find the solution to be stable."
  • "The solution needs to do a better job with third party integration. Right now, that's lacking on the solution. I specifically am talking about the AWS environment. Most of the AWS environment products do not have that capability to integrate."

What other advice do I have?

We're a public utility, so we just use the solution. We don't have a business relationship with the company. We use the latest version of the solution. We use a variety of Fortinet solutions at our organization. For example, we integrate the complete AWS cloud space into that all FortiSIEM. I'd recommend the solution to other organizations, especially those that are cost-conscious. Compared to there solutions' it's rather easy to implement. I'd rate the solution overall seven out of ten.
MY
Mohamed H Yassim
Network Security Engineer at Spectrotel
Jun 15, 2019
Correlates incidents between products and notifies our SOC accordingly

What is our primary use case?

We are a partner, and we use this solution to ingest our customers' syslogs data for their firewalls.

• "It gives us the opportunity to generate notifications based upon rules that get triggered, and the rules could be specific to PCI, HIPAA, GIBA, NIST, and so forth."
  • "The backup and recovery process for this solution needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

We are very impressed with this product. However, they have to fix their backup and recovery procedure and provide a good DR service without charging for a secondary license. I would rate this solution a seven and a half out of ten.
ICTenterprserv67
Manager, ICT Enterprise Services at a government with 201-500 employees
Aug 20, 2019
Has good business service summaries in the dashboards but it should have better integration abilities

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model of this solution. Our primary use case of this solution is for all of our infrastructure monitoring, applications, performance monitoring, and for security, incident, and event analysis.

• "Analytics is the most valuable feature. The business service summaries in the dashboards and the correlations for the SIEM are also valuable features."
  • "Their product support, in general, is not that great. The product support is in the same ecosystem. Their support is improving but it's not that great.vvv"

What other advice do I have?

Properly review this solution and your requirements. See how it will scale up to cloud requirements. Cloud technologies are becoming more prominent and you should see how you will be able to manage it with this tool. It's a good product but you need to be well trained. If you don't have good training then you won't maximize the benefits of this product. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
Ishwor Shrestha
Security Analyst at netfiniti
Dec 6, 2020
Good GUI, helpful technical support, and easy to configure

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution as part of the firewall. I work mostly with banks and have extensive experience with configuring the VPN in relation to Fortinet.

• "The product is quite well-organized. The GUI makes it easy to navigate."
  • "It would be good if the solution offered even more configuration options, especially in relation to the VPN so that it continues to be a very flexible option."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate the product at an eight. It's been a pretty positive experience overall. I'm still learning the solution and discovering new things about it, however, it has everything I need at the same time.
See 5 more Fortinet FortiSIEM Reviews
Download our free Fortinet FortiSIEM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.