Fortinet FortiSIEM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiSIEM is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. It is most often compared to Splunk: Fortinet FortiSIEM vs Splunk

What is Fortinet FortiSIEM?

FortiSIEM (formerly AccelOps 4) provides an actionable security intelligence platform to monitor security, performance and compliance through a single pane of glass.

Companies around the world use FortiSIEM for the following use cases:

• Threat management and intelligence that provide situational awareness and anomaly detection
  • Alleviating compliance mandate concerns for PCI, HIPAA and SOX
  • Managing “alert overload”
  • Handling the “too many tools” reporting issue
  • Addressing the MSPs/MSSPs pain of meeting service level agreements

Fortinet FortiSIEM is also known as FortiSIEM, AccelOps.

Fortinet FortiSIEM Buyer's Guide

Download the Fortinet FortiSIEM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Fortinet FortiSIEM Customers

FortiSIEM has hundreds of customers worldwide in markets including managed services, technology, financial services, healthcare, and government. Customers include Aruba Networks, Compushare, Port of San Diego, Cleveland Indians, Infoblox, Healthways, and Referentia.

Fortinet FortiSIEM Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiSIEM pricing:
  • "Its price can be better. We are Fortinet partners, so we can get discounts, but its price can be an issue at the beginning for others. There is a licensing scheme for every case. There are three licensing schemes that we can choose from."
  • "Pricing is acceptable for more than 90% of our customers, as they normally get discounts."

Sami Isoaho
Principal Cloud Architect at Viria Security Oy
Very easy alert setup; a good tool for analysis and for SOC

What is our primary use case?

We use Fortinet FortiSIEM for storage of security information and analysis, as well as for alerts from the 50-60 services that we have. All of our webs are linked to FortiSIEM. It's a form of SOC tool and data is used for identifying trends and what's happening around the networks. We're customers and end-to-end users when it comes to FortiSIEM, but for other Fortinet products we're either partners or a value-added reseller. I'm the principal cloud architect in our company.

• "Easy alert setup which enables different alerts in different categories."
  • "Not very good on non-API features, lacks that functionality."

What other advice do I have?

If your use case suits this solution, I would recommend it. If you are a professional operator and you're into pre-investing, and not just paying per use, then FortiSIEM is one of the best options you can have. I rate this product an eight out of 10.
MarioBrito
Pre-Sales Cybersecurity Solutions at ECSSA El Salvador
Reseller
Allows us to combine SOC and NOC operations and has good reports, integrations, and support

What is our primary use case?

We are an enterprise that resells services. We are like a small MSSP for Salvador and Central America region. We provide services to other enterprises. Our clients have multiple use cases. Its most common use case to detect logging events from different IP addresses or locations. It is used to detect simultaneous logins by the same user from different IP addresses or locations, such as from different countries. It is also used to detect any attempts to log in to a server with root privilege and trying remote access with root privileges.

• "One of the most valuable features is that we can combine SOC and NOC operations in the same tool. We can provide NOC and SOC services in the same tool for two separate teams. There are plenty of third-party solutions that integrate with FortiSIEM. All these solutions already have a ready integration, and we have the possibility to create a custom connector for these solutions. Its reports are also very good."
  • "Its training can be improved. Its price also needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to start small and plan for future growth. I would rate Fortinet FortiSIEM an eight out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiSIEM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JoshuaGardner
IT Executive: Operations & Security at Icon Information Systems (Pty) Ltd
The performance is very good, and it is extremely scalable

What is our primary use case?

We run a Manage Security Services company and we use it in-house and for some of our clients. The service is a multitenant platform where our clients can log on to view and access various security-related activities and features. In more ways, it becomes like a cloud solution to them. We make use of a secure connection from the clients’ networks using collectors located on their premises back to our centralized SIEM platform.

• "To add workers and even collectors is pretty easy."
  • "The dashboard needs to improve."

What other advice do I have?

We use an on-premises deployment model from our perspective and a hybrid model from a customer/user perspective. I will recommend this solution to others out there looking for a SIEM solution. I've already done a few events we were talk about FortiSIEM and its advantages. I do, however, think the main dashboard where you create and design your graphs could do with some improvement improved. On a scale from 1 to 10, I will rate this solution an 8 to ensure there’s continuous improvement.
SC
Partner at a security firm with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good network monitoring with excellent scalability and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for network and security monitoring.

• "The stability is very reliable. It offers very good performance."
  • "The policy editing should be easier. Right now, it's too hard."

What other advice do I have?

We are actually a reseller service company and we are dealing with the solutions for our customers. We are using the SIEM solutions. We are not a user, we are a reseller. We have many customers. Not all may be using the latest version of the solution. I would recommend the solution. In general, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
AK
Asst Programmer Data Center at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Stable and pretty affordable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for all of our cloud space and for firewalls,and AWS security services etc., for example, for the email, Cloud watch and AWS security HUB

• "We find the solution to be stable."
  • "The solution needs to do a better job with third party integration. Right now, that's lacking on the solution. I specifically am talking about the AWS environment. Most of the AWS environment products do not have that capability to integrate."

What other advice do I have?

We're a public utility, so we just use the solution. We don't have a business relationship with the company. We use the latest version of the solution. We use a variety of Fortinet solutions at our organization. For example, we integrate the complete AWS cloud space into that all FortiSIEM. I'd recommend the solution to other organizations, especially those that are cost-conscious. Compared to there solutions' it's rather easy to implement. I'd rate the solution overall seven out of ten.
Ishwor Shrestha
Security Analyst at netfiniti
Good GUI, helpful technical support, and easy to configure

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution as part of the firewall. I work mostly with banks and have extensive experience with configuring the VPN in relation to Fortinet.

• "The product is quite well-organized. The GUI makes it easy to navigate."
  • "It would be good if the solution offered even more configuration options, especially in relation to the VPN so that it continues to be a very flexible option."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate the product at an eight. It's been a pretty positive experience overall. I'm still learning the solution and discovering new things about it, however, it has everything I need at the same time.
SahrahMohammed
Network Security Engineer at Go Faster
Easy to set up and use, with quick and helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use FortiSIEM to protect our customers. Our current client has 20 branches and we can connect from any branch to their headquarters. We have high availability between headquarters and branches via the VPN connection. We can protect our SD-WAN, as well.

• "It's very easy for anyone to work with."
  • "We need to see incident reports about the event log, without events from the administrator or through human interaction."

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to know this solution, and study it well to avoid mistakes. The configuration is simple, not complex. It's a very good product. I have not experienced any issues with it. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
RakeshNaganna
Cyber Security Analyst at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has easy access to create rules, playbooks, or use cases

What is our primary use case?

We use it as our main SIEM tool for creating rules, creating alerts, monitoring, and accessing CMDB. We also use it to monitor a few more things related to writing security.

• "I like the various options, including the option for CMDB and the easier access to create rules, playbooks, or use cases. It's also easier to use for creating dashboards and reports."
  • "With FortiSIEM, the issue has to do with the ways we can generate a report. It's not as flexible compared to that with other SIEM tools, like Splunk."

What other advice do I have?

If you're using it for multi-tenant solutions, it will be pretty good, but it won't support running more than 20 clients on the same platform. It would need more resources. Even if you are implementing it for multi-tenant solutions, you would need implement fewer clients on it so that it has to use less effort. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at eight.
See 3 more Fortinet FortiSIEM Reviews
Download our free Fortinet FortiSIEM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.