Fortinet FortiSOAR OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiSOAR is the #8 ranked solution in our list of SOAR tools. It is most often compared to Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR: Fortinet FortiSOAR vs Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR

What is Fortinet FortiSOAR?

As the digital attack surface expands, security teams must also expand their defense capabilities. Yet, adding additional security monitoring tools is not always the answer. Additional monitoring tools means more alerts for security teams to investigate, more context switching in the investigation process, and slower response times. This creates a number of challenges for security teams including alert fatigue, a lack of qualified security personnel to manage new tools, and slower response times.

Integrated into the Fortinet Security Fabric, FortiSOAR security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) remedies some of the biggest challenges facing cybersecurity teams today. Allowing security operation center (SOC) teams to create a custom automated framework that pulls together all of their organization's tools unifies operations, eliminating alert fatigue and reducing context switching. This allows enterprises to not only adapt, but also optimize their security process.

Fortinet FortiSOAR is also known as CyberSponse, FortiSOAR.

Download the Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Fortinet FortiSOAR Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiSOAR pricing:
  • "Pricing is fine compared to other solutions."

Fortinet FortiSOAR Reviews

SB
Vice President Global Technology Infrastructure Automation at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Accessible with good centralization and a straightforward initial setup

• "The initial setup is straightforward."
  • "Technical support could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Fortinet provides automation capabilities for event detection and remediation. It also provides a centralized QE where all the events are consolidated and correlated and it gives you visibility to the entire workflow of a specific threat event. It provides some remediation for the particular threats or alerts based on its profile of criticality.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its centralization as you don't want to be going to different locations to correlate items or to piece anything together to derive meaningful insights. We want to have a centralized QE for analytics, visibility, assessments, and decision-making and this solution allows for that.

The other feature that I personally appreciate is its accessibility. You can integrate it with other systems within the environment such as ticketing systems or something for sending alerts and then creating tickets for the operations or security operations team. They can get alerted when these events happen so they can be aware of events and even start troubleshooting for the investigation if it is warranted. It can be integrated seamlessly with other internal systems.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The improvement would be to make it more user-friendly. They need to lower the learning curve. They should just make it more user-friendly, especially for non-technical people.

Technical support could be improved.

I've been using the solution for around four years. It's been a while.

Fortinet is good, however, as they get into security analytics, while their support is okay, sometimes it requires some hand-holding and their response is probably not as good as Palo Alto. They've got to get there eventually to improve their support model.

I also use Palo Alto. We have both products in our work environment. We're using Palo Alto also for firewall and sending those logs to another security monitoring tool to make decisions based on analytics that it provides us.

The initial setup is very straightforward and simple. It's not overly complex or difficult. An organization shouldn't have any issues with the process.

I cannot speak to the exact pricing of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using currently.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. It compliments nicely with Palo Alto.

Manjeet Yadav
Specialist - Cyber Security at ACPL Systems Pvt Ltd
Quick detection and response time, with helpful playbooks used to automate our response

• "It has a quick detection and response time."
  • "The area that needs improvement is integration with multiple third-party vendors."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as a next-generation firewall. It is used to restrict the breach that will occur from any particular malicious server command or control.

The primary focus is to save the customer's confidential data and break the connection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the playbooks that allow you to take action immediately after the approval of the analytics and anomalies.

It has a quick detection and response time.

What needs improvement?

The area that needs improvement is integration with multiple third-party vendors. For example, if you have customers who are using the CheckPoint firewall or Sophos firewall, and they are forwarding any logs to the Syslog format system, it should re-automate though the third-party firewall or any third-party proxy.

In the next release, I would like to see UEBA included. User entity behavior analytics is very important. Also, I would like to have the UEBA integrated with the cloud, making it accessible from any specified region. This would be very helpful for our customers.

I have been working with FortiSOAR for five years.

After the new hardware and software were launched, it became more stable.

It's now scalable since the new release.

Technical support is good.

Depending on what hour you are calling, it may take some time. If you are calling within the same time zone then it 's fine, but if you are calling from Africa for example, it will be rerouted to another region.

I was not a part of the initial setup. I only saw the demo and it seems that it is easy, rather than complex.

Now that I have more hands-on experience, I see that it is easy to manage and configure.

Pricing is fine compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I am a Fortinet certified engineer.

Depending on the customer's requirements, and based on their RFP demand and budget, I would recommend this product.

Hybrid Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Splunk and others in Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR). Updated: September 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AP
Cyber Security Tech Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A great security automation response and no missing features

• "The product can be automated for network security purposes. The solution offers a great security automation response."
  • "I don't currently see where the solution is lacking features. For us and for our clients it works very well and we're pleased with it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution with our clients for security operations.

What is most valuable?

The solution has many connectors, which is quite helpful.

It's easy to integrate the product with others.

The product can be automated for network security purposes. The solution offers a great security automation response.

What needs improvement?

The stability of the solution is good. It's not buggy or glitchy. It doesn't freeze. We're satisfied with the level of stability provided.

We have a local distributor for Fortinet that we contact when we need assistance with something technical. They're excellent when it comes to helping us. They're responsive and knowledgeable. I'd rate them very highly.

We've used Splunk in the past, however, we haven't used it in about two years.

The initial setup is not complex. It's straightforward. We found it to be quite easy to install.

It takes about one month to install everything. It's pretty quick. It also takes about one week to create a playbook and educate clients on the use of the device.

We help our clients implement this solution within their organizations.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Fortinet partner.

We're security integrators in Thailand, with clients in the banking and retail sectors, among other industries.

I'm not sure if we're using the latest version of the solution or not.

I'd recommend the solution. I've installed many products, and I believe Fortinet to be one of the best of them.

I would rate the solution five out of ten.

Download our free Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Splunk, and more!