Fortinet FortiToken Overview

Fortinet FortiToken is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Authentication Systems. It is most often compared to Fortinet FortiAuthenticator: Fortinet FortiToken vs Fortinet FortiAuthenticator

What is Fortinet FortiToken?

As we've seen, passwords alone don't keep unwanted guests out of your network. Password-only authentication has led to security breaches, malware infections, and policy violations. With two-factor authentication, a password is used along with a security token and authentication server to provide far better security.  Authorized employees can remotely access company resources safely using a variety of devices, ranging from lpatops to mobile phones.

Download the Authentication Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Fortinet FortiToken Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiToken Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiToken pricing:
  • "It is included as part of our firewall license."

KL
Director at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Mature, stable, and easy to use and deploy

• "Its ease of use is most valuable. It is simple to use and can be deployed out-of-the-box. It is quite a mature product with all the required features."
  • "It needs a lot of coupling with their other Fortinet products. To implement FortiToken, I most probably need to couple it with FortiAuthenticator for full implementation. An RSA token can be used with many devices, whereas Fortinet FortiToken is always linked to only one FortiGate device. If I want to reuse the token across five or six FortiGates, I would have to get the FortiAuthenticator product. I can't use one token to connect to different FortiGates, and I need to get another product to enable this functionality. They should also improve the support for their mobile client. There should be a more detailed roadmap for the operating systems being supported. Some of our users were using an old iOS iPhone, and they were forced to get a newer phone because FortiToken didn't support that version of iOS. Similarly, there may be a version of Android that is not supported, so the users need to change the phone. This was one of the reasons why our deployment took longer."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, but they need to know what it is used for. Because this is a 2FA, where you implement it will actually matter. If you want to deploy it globally and you have many FortiGates, you would need additional products, such as FortiAuthenticator. If you're deploying it to only a single site and everybody is connecting to that site and using it as a 2FA, it is the right solution. I would rate Fortinet FortiToken an eight out of ten.
MP
Electronics Engineering Lab Technician(R&D) at a engineering company with 11-50 employees
The integrated Fortinet security with the app for easy two-factor authentication is valuable, but instead of typing the code, there should be a push

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for administrator access to firewalls. We have its latest version.

• "The integrated Fortinet security with the app that allows you to easily do the two-factor authentication is most valuable."
  • "The app could be improved so that you don't have to actually type in the code. It would be great if you can just do a prompt or push similar to the way Duo does."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to make sure that they have cellular phones that are company-owned or they have employees who are willing to use their own in order to use it. I would rate Fortinet FortiToken a six out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Cisco, Microsoft and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PG
Team Lead Network IP and Systems at a comms service provider with 1-10 employees
Fast and easy installation, stable, and doesn't require much maintenance

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for VPN. We have its latest version.

• "Its ease of installation is most valuable. It took me five minutes, and it was up and running. It didn't take me that long. The installation on the cell phones is pretty simple."
  • "Its reporting should be better. The reporting feature is missing. I don't have any reporting of who has done what, what has failed, and what didn't work."

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for a fast installation, easy deployment, and not much maintenance, this is the solution to go for, but the only thing is that it is good for Fortinet. It is not good for anything else. I would rate Fortinet FortiToken an eight out of ten.