AC
Co-founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Excellent Fortinet family product integration, stable , and good support

• "One of the big advantages of using Fortinet FortiWeb is all the Fortinet family solutions use the same user interface and logic. This makes it easy to use, configure, manage, and understand if you have used one of their solutions before or are wanting to implement other Fortinet solutions in the future. Additionally, all Fortinet solutions can be managed with one application called FortiManager."
  • "The solution could improve by providing more integration with solutions other than the Fortinet family."

What is our primary use case?

Fortinet FortiWeb can be used to protects business-critical web applications from attacks or vulnerabilities.

What is most valuable?

One of the big advantages of using Fortinet FortiWeb is all the Fortinet family solutions use the same user interface and logic. This makes it easy to use, configure, manage, and understand if you have used one of their solutions before or are wanting to implement other Fortinet solutions in the future. Additionally, all Fortinet solutions can be managed with one application called FortiManager.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Fortinet FortiWeb for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

Fortinet FortiWeb is scalable.

We have had approximately five customers using this solution.

The technical support has been good in my experience.

The installation of Fortinet FortiWeb is straightforward. The time it takes to do the installation depends on the environment of the customer and if there are any additional configurations needed. However, a typical basic installation takes approximately one hour.

We use one engineer that does the maintenance of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

The solution can be deployed on-premise and on the cloud. We have been working with governments in Turkey and they tend not to trust their data on the cloud and choose on-premise deployments. However, many companies here are moving to the cloud.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Fortinet FortiWeb a nine out of ten.

PK
Jr. Engineer at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to install and maintain, with good technical support

• "It is easy to install and to maintain."
  • "In terms of performance, it needs to be more robust."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for security, on the periphery for the VPN.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to install and to maintain.

What needs improvement?

We are considering an upgrade to our firewall because our current version is not compatible with our FortiAnalyzer. As there is an incompatibility, we have been advised by Fortinet that an upgrade is necessary to avoid issues.

We believe this product will become obsolete.

It needs to better integrate with other platforms.

In terms of performance, it needs to be more robust. During the lockdown, we are connecting to a VPN and the connection should be faster, there should be RAM or more hardware. Also, it should include security features.

I have been using Fortinet FortiWeb for two years.

This solution is stable and w have had no issues with its stability.

It's a scalable product and we have plans to use it in the future.

We have approximately 1000 users in our organization.

We are satisfied with technical support, we have not had any issues.

The initial setup was straightforward, it was easy.

There were no issues and it was deployed in six months.

We have a team of 20 providing the IT infrastructure, including switching, firewalls, and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

We have been using Fortinet for four years and internally we are using Cisco.

We would certainly recommend this product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiWeb. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,267 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ZM
Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A reliable solution with good ability for configuring multiple policies for different requirements

• "The ability to configure multiple policies for different requirements is a strong feature of Fortinet FortiWeb."
  • "They can introduce a scaled-down version for the SMB market. It would be very competitive in the environment."

What is our primary use case?

I am more on the design side. The use case depends on what a customer requires in terms of web protection. We mostly use it for reverse proxy and load balancing.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

They can introduce a scaled-down version for the SMB market. It would be very competitive in the environment.

I have been using Fortinet FortiWeb for two or three years.

It is stable. You obviously need to assign and write configurations correctly.

It is scalable.

Every response from Fortinet is quite good and according to their SLAs.

I don't get involved in implementation and installation.

It is not a cheap product. It is not like a Linux or a Genex that you can deploy. It is a hardware appliance, and it is built for a specific reason and reliability.

It is an enterprise-class solution. You wouldn't find an SMB investing in something like this.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others if they can afford it. We plan to continue using this solution. It is a good solution, and the customers are quite happy using it.

I would rate Fortinet FortiWeb a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Thameem Ansari
Senior solution architect at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Straightforward to set up, quick to deploy, and easy to maintain

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to protect web applications, and stop attacks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Fail-Open.

What needs improvement?

Troubleshooting features could be incorporated with this solution. The reporting could be optimized.

I have been using this solution for three years. We are using the latest version.

The stability is okay, sometimes. It could be more stable.

In terms of scalability, I have faced some challenges. We have 50 users in our organization.

Technical support…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Fail-Open.

What needs improvement?

Troubleshooting features could be incorporated with this solution.

The reporting could be optimized.

I have been using this solution for three years.

We are using the latest version.

The stability is okay, sometimes. It could be more stable.

In terms of scalability, I have faced some challenges.

We have 50 users in our organization.

Technical support is good.

Previously, I did not use another solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It takes less time to deploy compared with other competitors.

One person is enough to maintain this solution.

We did not use an integrator or reseller. I completed the deployment and implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I plan to continue with my usage of this solution in the future. It's a good product, but if they could better the stability, it would be great.

I would rate Fortinet FortiWeb an eight out of ten.

RR
Jefe de Venta Especialista de Seguridad Informatica at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable and the support in Peru is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and I work in the sales team. We resell the Fortinet brand, including the firewall and other solutions. I have experience with both using and configuration of Fortinet products.

What needs improvement?

We have had problems with deployments where we've had to contact technical support to resolve them.

I have been working with Fortinet FortiWeb for five or six years.

FortiGate is a stable product.

I have a good relationship with the support teams in Peru, and we are well-supported. We have not needed support to assist with deployment, but we have worked with them for…

What is our primary use case?

I have experience with both using and configuration of Fortinet products.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Fortinet FortiWeb for five or six years.

FortiGate is a stable product.

We have not needed support to assist with deployment, but we have worked with them for troubleshooting problems.

I am familiar with solutions from other vendors, but the majority of my knowledge is of Fortinet products.

We have not had any problems with deployment.

We have a network team that deploys this solution for different clients. We have three engineers in charge of deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

SI
Manager at a government with 201-500 employees
Good security and technical support, but more report templates should be available

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are support and security.

What needs improvement?

More templates should be made available for reporting. I would like to see more improvements with respect to threat intelligence.

I have been using Fortinet FortiWeb for a few years.

This is a stable solution.

Scalability is good. We have more than 1,000 users.

The technical support is okay and I am satisfied with it.

The initial setup is straightforward and the deployment can be completed within a couple of hours.

What other advice do I have?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are support and security.

What needs improvement?

More templates should be made available for reporting.

I would like to see more improvements with respect to threat intelligence.

I have been using Fortinet FortiWeb for a few years.

This is a stable solution.

Scalability is good. We have more than 1,000 users.

The technical support is okay and I am satisfied with it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
AP
Sales Specialist-Network Solutions at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Affordable and stable high-end product

What is our primary use case?

I'm using FortiWeb as a web-based firewall.

What needs improvement?

FortiGate could be improved on the security end because we've had some incidents with the customer. Otherwise, there is no problem.

FortiWeb is stable.

For scalability, I rate FortiWeb nine out of 10. There's a little room for improvement there.

Fortinet customer support is good.

What is our primary use case?

I'm using FortiWeb as a web-based firewall.

FortiWeb is stable.

Fortinet customer support is good.

FortiWeb offers a good price for the marketplace. In the Sri Lankan market, it's hard to find high-end products that can match FortiWeb's pricing. For high-end solutions, the price is always extremely high.

What other advice do I have?

I rate FortiWeb nine out of 10. I would recommend it.

Download our free Fortinet FortiWeb Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.