Freshdesk OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Freshdesk is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Customer Experience Management tools. It is most often compared to ServiceNow: Freshdesk vs ServiceNow

What is Freshdesk?
Freshdesk is a full-fledged cloud based customer support solution that offers everything a business needs to deliver exceptional support. Unlike competing products with steep pricing tiers and hidden strings, Freshdesk is priced affordably, and is free forever for the first three agents. Built with an emphasis on usability, Freshdesk offers all the tools a company needs to wow its customers - robust multichannel capability, integrated game mechanics to supercharge agent productivity, smart automations and a lot more. From startups to enterprises, more than 80,000 businesses of all sizes use Freshdesk to streamline their support processes. Freshdesk is part of the Freshworks product family, whose products include Freshservice IT Service Management Software, Freshsales CRM Software etc. – with more than 100000 customers worldwide, including Cisco, Honda, 3M, The Atlantic, and QuizUp.
Freshdesk Buyer's Guide

Download the Freshdesk Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Freshdesk Customers
Honda, 3M, Hugo Boss, Petronas, Sony Pictures, The Atlantic, goodreads, Clear Channel Radio, Penn University of Pennsylvania, unicef, Kuoni, Movember
Freshdesk Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Freshdesk pricing:
  • "It was definitely not expensive. It was two grand or maybe three grand total for a year. It has just straight and simple standard licensing fees. There is no additional fee."

Freshdesk Reviews

SW
Director of IT at a wholesaler/distributor with 51-200 employees
Solid, good price, simple to use, and requires negligible training effort

• "Its simplicity is most valuable. It is easy and simple, and it requires negligible training effort. I don't spend all my time goofing around trying to find stuff in the ticketing system."
  • "We have many cases where a ticket comes in, and it ends up having multiple team members working on it. It would be really nice to be able to assign a single ticket to multiple people, rather than having to create the parent-child hierarchy that they have set up. It generates a proliferation of tickets that I really don't want to have. Having to jump from a parent to one child and then to another child makes it harder for me to be able to see the entire case from end to end. A simple example is our new hire process or our termination process. We have people who leave. We also have people who come on board. We have got multiple people participating and doing things related to the leaving or onboarding process. Currently, I have to go to different tickets to be able to see whether all tasks are really done or not. If I could assign lots of people to one ticket, it would be really nice."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for IT support, desktop support, and any issues with any of our applications. We use it pretty extensively. It is the portal that we use for any requests, work being done, questions, bug fixes, and third-party software bug fixes. We even use it for tracking small projects.

It is a SaaS solution, so we have its current version.

How has it helped my organization?

We had over-customized HEAT to the point where it was just not very useful for a company of our size. Getting Freshdesk was like a breath of fresh air because it was simple to use. It required zero or negligible training effort on the part of my team. We just started creating tickets. We integrated it with our email so that we can auto-generate tickets. It wasn't too bad as a technical challenge, and it just worked.

What is most valuable?

Its simplicity is most valuable. It is easy and simple, and it requires negligible training effort. I don't spend all my time goofing around trying to find stuff in the ticketing system.

What needs improvement?

We have many cases where a ticket comes in, and it ends up having multiple team members working on it. It would be really nice to be able to assign a single ticket to multiple people, rather than having to create the parent-child hierarchy that they have set up. It generates a proliferation of tickets that I really don't want to have. Having to jump from a parent to one child and then to another child makes it harder for me to be able to see the entire case from end to end. A simple example is our new hire process or our termination process. We have people who leave. We also have people who come on board. We have got multiple people participating and doing things related to the leaving or onboarding process. Currently, I have to go to different tickets to be able to see whether all tasks are really done or not. If I could assign lots of people to one ticket, it would be really nice.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

We might've had one outage a long time ago. It was down for a fairly brief time. Other than that, it has been solid.

We don't have a huge company, so it is kind of hard to tell, but certainly, I've had zero problems with performance and being able to look at lots of tickets versus a small set of tickets. It should be fine in terms of scalability.

We have eight people in IT who are actively using it. Overall, we have 135 people in the company. They're the ones submitting tickets to us by email or by calling in, and then we create the ticket manually.

In terms of usage, I don't see it going outside of IT to the rest of the company. We use it for basically 100% of our IT work. We're pretty all in.

They were decent. I was CC'd on a couple of emails when we were setting it up initially. There was some stuff about the email integration that was probably the hardest thing we did, and we needed a little bit of technical help on that, and they were timely. We didn't have 14 different back-and-forth exchanges where you felt like they're just answering from a book rather than really listening to the problem that you have and trying to address it.

We were using HEAT. We switched because of the frustration amongst the whole team about how complex our system was. We had over-customized HEAT to the point where it was just not very useful for a company of our size. We needed something easier.

I didn't do it. It was someone from my team. He did it in three or four days in the midst of everything else he was doing. It was simple. You just add in our users. He was able to import the names of everybody from the active directory, so we got all the employees there.

We had to sit down and have a meeting to decide the lists, categories, and groupings, and then he just did it. A couple of days later, I started to use it in the pilot form, and we cut over to it fast.

We implemented it ourselves. You don't need to have anybody else do it.

In terms of maintenance, the only thing that we have to do to maintain it is just to add a new call type or something like that, but any of us can do that. It is very intuitive.

We have absolutely seen an ROI.

It was definitely not expensive. It was two grand or maybe three grand total for a year.

What other advice do I have?

If somebody is implementing a new IT service desk ticketing system, they should definitely look at Freshdesk. If they just want a lean and mean system, it is really a great option. If you need a lot of ITIL complexity and have a very large team, and there is a lot of back-and-forth with tickets and heavy approval process and stuff, it may not be suitable. We have only one of their products. They may have other products that bolt onto it and add that in. We are using the simple version, and it doesn't necessarily have all those controls, but in our case, we didn't need all that.

I would rate Freshdesk a nine out of ten. I am very happy with it.

MZ
Customer Service Manager at HOI
Stable and scalable with a straightforward setup

• "The organization that is possible with other departments is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "Technical support is not the best. It could be much, much better and offer better support to users."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for issue ticketing.

What is most valuable?

The organization between other departments is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The interface and dashboards are user-friendly.

The pricing is okay.

What needs improvement?

In terms of features, I can't think of anything that's lacking. It's a solid solution.

I've only been using the solution for four months. It hasn't been long enough for me to know everything about the solution.

I've been using the solution for eight months now.

The solution is quite stable. There aren't any bugs, glitches or crashes.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand, it will be able to do so quite easily with this product.

We might have 70 users on the solution currently.

I've been in touch with technical support in the past. I'm not exactly satisfied with their level of support. It's something the solution could improve.

Everything about the setup was straightforward. It's not complex at all.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer. We don't have a relationship with the solution.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations because it is easy to use.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.