Freshservice OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Freshservice is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top IT Asset Management tools. It is most often compared to ServiceNow: Freshservice vs ServiceNow

What is Freshservice?

Freshservice is a Cloud-based IT Service Desk and IT Service Management (ITSM) solution that currently serves more than 13000 SMB, mid-market, and enterprise customers worldwide. Freshservice is designed using ITIL best practice to help IT organizations focus on what’s most important - exceptional service delivery and customer satisfaction. Freshservice is part of the Freshworks product family, whose products include Freshdesk Customer Support Software, Freshsales CRM Software, Freshchat Customer Messaging Software etc. - with more than 150000 customers worldwide, including Cisco, Honda, 3M, The Atlantic, and QuizUp.

Freshservice is also known as Flint.

Download the Help Desk Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Freshservice Customers

Sinclair Broadcast Group, Western Carriers, Judson University, Golf Canada, Travix, Proxama, Paymentez, Ready Auto Transport

Freshservice Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Freshservice pricing:
  • "The pricing information is on their website. It's my understanding that their Pro Plan, for example, is around $89/month."
  • "It is good for the price you pay. It has different plans. If you need all features, you need to go for a higher plan. Currently, with the second tier plan, you cannot completely separate the group of agents. So, the agent in each group can see another person's ticket. You also cannot modify the rules based on the viewable, readable stuff and cannot have a custom role in this plan. If you want to do that, you have to go for a higher plan. It works in our case because it doesn't matter if the other group can see our ticket because it doesn't contain anything sensitive. We also didn't need the project or change management features. That's why we didn't go with a higher plan."

Freshservice Reviews

Cesar Quiroz
CIO at Grupo Kasto
Easy to use and implement with a good user interface

• "The overall functionality of the product is excellent."
  • "The product should look at BCM or ServiceNow and see if there are features that would make nice additions. It would help them stay competitive."

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution for incident management. We use it for ticketing for end-users. We are using also all the functionality around change management, release management, and this year we implement project management and software license management. We also make use of the analytics.

What is most valuable?

The analytics are very good.

The solution offers very nice incident management.

The overall functionality of the product is excellent.

The change management is helpful. They have an agent that we installed in every single asset. We have the inventory for all assets automatically.

Contract management is very valuable for us as an IT department, as we have the information for every single computer across the company.

We are starting to use the project management aspects right now. We have different projects and we have all information in the same solution, in the same place. It makes everything more centralized and easier to access.

The user interface is very nice and the solution is easy to use. You don't need to be an expert in order to navigate around and use the product. You don't need to read a lot of manuals in order to figure everything out. It's pretty intuitive.

What needs improvement?

While we're just starting with project management, I foresee some limitations with it two or three years down the line. The functionality we will likely need just isn't there right now. It's still very, very basic in terms of the offering.

For example, measuring progress can be tricky. If you finish the sub-tasks and not the main task, it doesn't calculate the project's progress correctly.

It would be nice if there were some standard KPIs around, for example, performance or support. It would help with budgeting.

We started using the solution 36 months ago. It's probably been close to three years.

The stability of the solution is quite good. We don't have crashes. It doesn't freeze. there aren't bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The scalability is okay. However, if you have more than 100 or 200 agents how the performance will be.

We had started with five, then with 10, then with 15 and now we have 20 or more. We don't need to report or to ask that they increase the capacity planning or anything of that nature. It was very transparent and so far very easy for us to scale up.

We may increase usage in the future.

Technical support has been very good. Their response times are very fast - faster than other competitors. We haven't really had any big problems with the product at this point. Therefore, we haven't really used them that much. However, we are quite satisfied with the level of service they provide.

While I haven't used a different solution at this particular company, I have used other solutions in the past, such as BMC and ServiceNow.

Freshservice is more stable and easier to use. It's also less expensive. It may not e as big as other offerings, however, for small and medium-sized organizations, it's quite good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It was not overly complex. We didn't run into too many issues.

We constructed everything and handled the setup was in one day. Three days later we had to start with all the functionality and the implementation for the entire company including the change management process, the training, etc. Everything was done in less than one month.

We didn't need a consultant or any type of expert in order to handle the implementation. We handled everything ourselves.

There aren't additional costs on top of this. The price you see on the website is the price they charge and the price you pay.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are using. They recently changed the names of their services. While we were previously using what I believe was called Enterprise, which is now called Pro.

We may continue to use, not just this solution, but other Freshworks options in the future. We've recently asked the company to put together webinars for our company to learn more about their offerings.

I'd recommend this solution. In fact, I already have - to other CIOs. The pricing is very straightforward, and the solution is easy to use. It's not overly technical.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

NP
Network Analyst at a real estate/law firm with 1-10 employees
Useful for tracking, merging, and assigning tickets

• "We find its ability to track what's going on with each request very valuable. We are also able to merge ticket requests and assign them to different groups in the company. We have another department that uses the same system."
  • "They can improve the search. While searching the inventory, when I cancel a selected category, the search box disappears, and I have to reload the page. It is a small glitch. Currently, we can have only one plan per subscription. All users have to be on the same plan. We can't have two users for plan A and five users for plan B. It might be good if there was an option to have different plans within one subscription so that you can assign each agent to the corresponding plan."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for IT help desk purposes and tracking the inventory. Specifically, we use it to do ticketing for the end users to handle IT requests.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to track what's going on and export the information. We then do some data visualization in Excel to get the statistics and see the number of tickets and their categories, which provides us more visibility about the things related to the IT help desk and user requests. It also helps us in keeping a track of the assets. For example, a Windows agent can be installed on client workstations to track the assets and check if there is anything strange.

What is most valuable?

We find its ability to track what's going on with each request very valuable. We are also able to merge ticket requests and assign them to different groups in the company. We have another department that uses the same system.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the search. While searching the inventory, when I cancel a selected category, the search box disappears, and I have to reload the page. It is a small glitch.

Currently, we can have only one plan per subscription. All users have to be on the same plan. We can't have two users for plan A and five users for plan B. It might be good if there was an option to have different plans within one subscription so that you can assign each agent to the corresponding plan.

I have been using this solution for about a year.

It is stable. It doesn't have any outage or governance issues.

It can scale well. To scale, you just get more licenses. It doesn't have any limitation on how many requests you can have because the license is based on the technician or the agent. You can expand it if you have expanded your team of agents. It is flexible.

We have around seven people right now. About half of them are for the IT support and half of them are for the operations support.

Their technical support is good. Usually, their response time is pretty fast, and they do follow up to make sure that the case is closed. We always get the answers to all of my questions except one time when there was confusion in communication. I asked some questions, but they didn't exactly answer them. I again had to explain the questions.

We have earlier used SpiceWorks for the ticketing system. We switched because we didn't want to maintain the system and do things like hardware and software upgrades. We just wanted to install a system and focus on the usage of the system.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

It is good for the price you pay. It has different plans. If you need all features, you need to go for a higher plan. Currently, with the second tier plan, you cannot completely separate the group of agents. So, the agent in each group can see another person's ticket. You also cannot modify the rules based on the viewable, readable stuff and cannot have a custom role in this plan. If you want to do that, you have to go for a higher plan. It works in our case because it doesn't matter if the other group can see our ticket because it doesn't contain anything sensitive. We also didn't need the project or change management features. That's why we didn't go with a higher plan.

What other advice do I have?

Create a plan and know in advance the ticket types and the categories that you want. Plan the subitems and the hierarchy structures for these identified categories. After you've set it up, if you want to make changes, you would require some kind of workaround to translate one category to another. That's why it is important to make sure that everything is set correctly in the beginning. Apart from that, it's fine.

They also keep on improving the product. I had provided them some feedback in the past, which they have already implemented.

I would rate Freshservice a nine out of ten.

Download our free Help Desk Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Freshworks, ServiceNow, Atlassian, and more!