froglogic Squish Overview

froglogic Squish is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Test Automation Tools. It is most often compared to SmartBear TestComplete: froglogic Squish vs SmartBear TestComplete

What is froglogic Squish?
Discover All Benefits (Click Here)

Reliable GUI Test Automation that works.

Use Squish for the automation of your cross-platform desktop, mobile, embedded and web GUI tests.

Testing the user interface of today's applications is a very complex and error-prone task. Automating this task is challenging, but approached correctly very rewarding.

The Squish GUI Tester is the tool of choice for several thousand companies worldwide and a 100% cross-platform tool, features

• Desktop, Mobile, Embedded & Web Applications
  • include Qt, QtQuick, QML, Java, AWT, Swing, SWT, RCP, JavaFx, Windows, Mac, Tk, 4Js, iOS, Android, Embedded (Qt, Windows, Java) and Web, HTML5, Flex & JavaApplets.
  • testing on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix. Mobile and Embedded testing on Android, iOS, embedded Linux and RTOSes such as QNX
  • Eclipse-based IDE
  • based object identification & Toolkit API Support
  • tests in your choice of Python, JavaScript, Perl, Ruby & Tcl
  • BDD tests with built-in (Gherkin) Feature File recording, playback & reporting
  • testing capabilities
  • complete with drill-down details, execution statistics and multiple output formats
  • options with many ALM and Continuous Integration tools for executing and managing tests as well as a complete command-line interface

Find out more today at https://www.froglogic.com/squish/

Start Your Free Trial Today!

Download the Test Automation Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

froglogic Squish Customers

Google, Nokia, Pfizer, Siemens, Synopsys, Airbus, Boeing, Mercedes Benz, Disney, Shell, Reuters, Vodafone, XILINX, GE, Ericsson, ...

Success Stories (Click Here)
froglogic Squish Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Product Specialist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Enables the ability to fully automate GUI tests of hybrid GUI applications

What is our primary use case?

Using a mix of Squish editions, it is possible to fully automate the GUI tests of hybrid GUI applications such as a Qt application with embedded, native Windows controls or a web application which embedded Java applets or starts a Java Web Start application.
Senior H.R - DevOps & Infrastructure Recruitment Consultant at Meteonic Innovation Pvt Ltd
Vast number of plugins for integrating with multiple tools

What is our primary use case?

Our main test case is to automate the entire thing either to CI/CD tools. I have looked for a lot of tools on this, but we used to encounter one problem or the other. But with Squish, I didn't get many problems, and this is a straightforward procedure. One more use case is we will be using a lot of data like Database, CSV, TSV and so on. So, Squish data-driven testing is very powerful and easy.

What other advice do I have?

Best tool, and a must-try tool for everyone.
Find out what your peers are saying about froglogic, Ranorex, SmartBear and others in Test Automation Tools. Updated: April 2021.
479,323 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Manager at Meteonic Innovation Private Limited
User
Remote testing capabilities are good and powerful

What is our primary use case?

Squish is very good in distributed batch testing. It allows to execute sets of script or batches and review the detailed logging and execution of results. Even we can use the test scripts for multiple test cases, i.e., global scripts which will be very useful for one who often uses the same script.
Project Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It supports many platforms, which helps in getting automation solutions for most of the complex UI products.

What other advice do I have?

It's an easy to learn tool. And it has all the UI automation solutions. Can be easily integrated with applications like ALM.
Associate - Projects at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It has support for desktop and web applications developed with wide range of tool kits.

What other advice do I have?

Stable automation suites, it is cheaper than most of other vendor automation tools, it supports wide range of tool-kits, even embedded solutions, one tool for all your products. The tool itself comes with a simple help, just go through it. If you still face issues, drop a mail to support and all your issues will disappear.
Contract Programmer at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
The test sequence is saved and a test can be run quickly to see if any test is violated.

What other advice do I have?

I believe that testing of software systems (especially GUI) is a difficult issue--some people believe that if the software is written correctly you don't have to worry about it. I believe that is true, but that software is never written correctly at first. There are errors in coding. There are errors in the specifications. There are changes that are necessitated as the system is placed into use. Testing to verify that the system is performing as all expect it to perform is a huge task, similar to the original coding of the system. My advice is to take software verification very seriously.
Software Tester & SQA at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
One of the most valuable features is the auto-completion of the code while you register your actions/clicks inside the application under test.

What other advice do I have?

Some of you may find the Squish product easy to use, some of you may find it hard. I think that what's important in the the end is that the used tool to allow you to obtain the wanted result. This product, until now, allowed me to do this.
Test Engineer
I use the IDE daily for creating new tests, debugging tests and running tests.

What other advice do I have?

Be patient and study product. Use the scripting language which is most familiar to you. Don’t hesitate to connect Squish customer support.
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable automation framework with it's own object library enabled us to move all of the tests to a Continuous Integration farm.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is python compatibility.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

I like it how it is, but it's not cheap.

I've used it for two years, starting with v4.

There were no issues with deployment.

There were no issues with the stability.

There were no issues with the scalability.

Customer Service: Great ! It is not cheap, but…
Expert in Test Automation at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
The tool provides a few script programming languages for selection.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for simple, not expensive, with nice support and for Qt-application tool – I think, it’s the best one. The tool provides a few script programming languages for selection.
Software Developer at Global Graphics Software
Once the UI components are mapped, all testing can be performed via scripting languages.